Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarshallM

macrumors member
May 20, 2007
UK
Hell I doubt anyone here in Ipswich can afford it, most of the chavs will probably go across the road to McDonalds instead.

shrewsburywolf

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
The iPhone hype will not be as big as it is in the USA. Hardly anyone in the UK is going to buy an iPhone. Only the Apple nerds. A normal persons not going to pay £270 for a phone and £35 month for a crap tarrif.

The iPhone will be rarelly seen in the UK. There will be a short cue on the 9th November, but after that day, the iPhone will be in stock everywhere.

I'm getting one on the 10th. Save me waiting 5 minutes in the cue, for the 'thousands' waiting to get one.

So you're one of these apple nerds then?:p

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
The iPhone hype will not be as big as it is in the USA. Hardly anyone in the UK is going to buy an iPhone. Only the Apple nerds. A normal persons not going to pay £270 for a phone and £35 month for a crap tarrif.

The iPhone will be rarelly seen in the UK. There will be a short cue on the 9th November, but after that day, the iPhone will be in stock everywhere.

I'm getting one on the 10th. Save me waiting 5 minutes in the cue, for the 'thousands' waiting to get one.

so are you calling yourself an apple nerd?

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
is an apple nerd better than being an apple fan boy? lol
anyway i don't care whos "not" getting one
i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can point and laugh at people who don't have one. Then stop laughing, and run away from the 100 people chasing us to rob us off our brand new iPhone. :s

I'm not taking my iPhone around London with me. I wont have it by the time i leave.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
is an apple nerd better than being an apple fan boy? lol
anyway i don't care whos "not" getting one
i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i must be a nerd as well, right now i'm listening to mac break weekly!!!
Leo and his friends are discussing the new update!!!

shrewsburywolf

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
We can point and laugh at people who don't have one. Then stop laughing, and run away from the 100 people chasing us to rob us off our brand new iPhone. :s

I'm not taking my iPhone around London with me. I wont have it by the time i leave.

I'm getting a PAYG sim for my current phone for when I'm out on the town with my mates, I have broken so many phones when I am drunk!

Oh-es-Ten

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2007
London
Apple Store or bust...

I am going to be at the London Regent Street store on launch day. Perhaps stupid (longest line), but I just like buying things at the Apple Store (and easier to take it back there in case something goes wrong).

Going into Carphone Warehouse to ask for an iPhone will be like going into PC World to ask for a Mac. Some commission hungry rude boy will direct you straight to a Packard Bell piece of Junk and start the up-sell with accessories.

Replace 'Packard Bell' with N95 and 'PC World' with carphone warehouse and you get the idea.

I do wonder if it is going to be a 9am thing or a 6pm thing on the 09th? Any ideas?

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
was going to wait a while

Was going to wait for the hype to drop off, but a friend brought his iPhone in to work yesterday (shipped from the States and unlocked) and well, now I have to have one ASAP. will cost me even more as I'll still have 6 months left on my vodafone contract and will have to keep paying that as well as the new contract with 02.

danielforman

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
As with the US, we're getting it on a friday, which suggests it's likely to be a 6pm release again.

Yeah I suspect that whatever apple decides o2 and carphone warehouse will have to do the same as per the agreement. I also suspect it will be a 6pm launch which is a good idea for those who are at work.

With a midnight launch not everyone will turn out apart from those who cant wait

With an early morning launch you may get a few more people but still not everyone I think will turn out.

9am launch you will have a lot of people at work

6pm people have left work or will just be leaving and may well pass an 02, CPW or Apple store on their way home or be close to one. It seems the most sensible time of the day for me and it seemed to work ok in the US.

Will have to just wait for the announcement though

martymcr

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
Cheshire, UK
My local O2 and CPW don't have any idea about it yet - the quote in CPW was particularly funny.

Oh we had an iPhone thingy installed in the roof yesterday.

After some thought I worked out that she probably meant a wireless access point had been installed.

Doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence.

draperm25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Swansea
Oh we had an iPhone thingy installed in the roof yesterday.

perhaps when they have iPhone's demo models she prob wont even know what they are

lol, omg ive never been to Carphone Warehouse to purchase anything before, just popped in for a look, and they POUNCE on you

" Can i help you with anything today"

"No F**k Off" lol i hate it when people jump on you as soon as you walk into a shop, ive only just walked in like, give me chance to have a look then ask you a question, sorry i know its they job cos they're on commision but please give us chance to look then if we need help we'll ask.

shrewsburywolf

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
This is why I will be going to a CPW store to get my iPhone, I think it will have the least amount of people, because everyone hates it!! And if they try to sell me anything else I will say 'NO', simple. I'm just glad they wont be dealing with the activation process, I have to say that for me it is always the worst bit about getting a mobile phone. If only all mobiles were activated in this way.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
This is why I will be going to a CPW store to get my iPhone, I think it will have the least amount of people, because everyone hates it!! And if they try to sell me anything else I will say 'NO', simple. I'm just glad they wont be dealing with the activation process, I have to say that for me it is always the worst bit about getting a mobile phone. If only all mobiles were activated in this way.

you're a brave wolf.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
As with the US, we're getting it on a friday, which suggests it's likely to be a 6pm release again.

if it is a 6pm release i will cancel my day off, i would finish work at 15.30 and
i'm a one minute walk from the glasgow apple store!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's still more than 5 weeks away!

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
if it is a 6pm release i will cancel my day off, i would finish work at 15.30 and
i'm a one minute walk from the glasgow apple store!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's still more than 5 weeks away!

I'm off to Spain in 2 weeks and 3 days. I'm more excited about the iPhone then going to Spain. I'm such a nerd. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.