Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trevgriff

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2010
any updates? My 6+ 64gb Silver is still processing. :(

According to the local Verizon Store the three 6+'s we ordered on the 12th are supposedly in transit with sims locked to those 3 phone numbers. However no email update and no movement on the web site order tracking. Not sure what to think!

Ltrazor

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
I was October 13 but got email and text saying it had shipped and would arrive Tuesday. I ordered through premier 128gb silver plus at 6:30am cst so I have no idea how orders are being filled but glad mine is on way.

FireCapt

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
My wife and I both are seeing a delivery date of 10/13 to 10/20 and we ordered or phones four hours after pre-ordering started. It's a little frustrating. I mean, four hours after you could order an the wait is a month???

LOL, Try 35 minutes after Midnight Sept. 12th. seeing all these folks getting it in stores is very fruastrating. I orders a 6+ though.

JamesM

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2007
6+ ordered on the 19th, my estimate is the 15/10 - 22/10.

Don't want to get my hopes up but what are the chances it will come before then.

belle14

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
My 12th September apple.com order has just been revised from 9-16 Oct to 10-15 Oct... Disappointed!

trevgriff

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2010
According to the local Verizon Store the three 6+'s we ordered on the 12th are supposedly in transit with sims locked to those 3 phone numbers. However no email update and no movement on the web site order tracking. Not sure what to think!

Update: No movement on our ship date still 10/17 (pre-ordered on the 12th).

What is somewhat frustrating when I swung by the local Apple Store this morning they had plenty of the 6+'s in stock even the 64 and 128 models in several colors while several stores down at the Verizon Store they had 6's no 6+'s.

I was hoping that the Verizon pre-orders would get filled before the walk in stock at the Apple stores.

We have Verizon Business account otherwise I'd have cancelled the pre-order and have picked up the 6+'s at the store. FYI this is the Apple South Hills Village Store in Pittsburgh.

MushroomJesus

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
No movement here either. Still remains as Oct 13 - 20. Hopefully there will be some movement on the weekend or next week. Been checking the damn order status everyday!

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
Slight update. My dates haven't changed -- they still say Oct 13-20, however, I am now unable to cancel my order (not that I wanted to anyways) with this message:

Since your items are ready for shipment we are unable to cancel or change your order. However, once the items ship, you may be able to make a return from the Orders page. To request a return now, please call Apple Online Store Customer Service at 1-800-MY-APPLE.

Hopefully that means they will start shipping soon and maybe be delivered sooner than expected!?

Last edited:

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Cancelled mine today. I had 6+ on order. Went into AT&T store at 2pm and they had a ton of inventory of 6's which, after playing with both models, is more than adequate (plus cheaper). So I went with it.

Not sure why so many people spend weeks on line when they can stroll into carrier store at 2pm and buy one.

you just said you had to settle for another model. So your last sentence makes absolutely no sense.

jac2598

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Just had a slight change to my status. Little back story:

6:30 AM NY time on 9/12 I preordered, via Apple Store app, two iPhones.
Wife: iPhone 6, 64gb, Silver, AT&T (delivered on 9/19)
Me: iPhone 6 Plus, 64gb, Space Gray, AT&T (Est. Deliver 10/13-10/20)

I checked my status this morning and noticed, while my dates have not changed, I have moved from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment" and my credit card has a pending transaction from "Apple Online Store" in the amount of the iPhone 6 Plus 64gb.

So, it looks like they're close. Is it realistic that they ship and are delivered next week? A phone that's not available couldn't be preparing for shipment, right? :apple:

JoeShark

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
6 Plus - 128GB Space Gray.
Sprint.
Ordered through Apple 9/12 around 6:30am Pacific Time.
Delivery date of 10/13 - 10/20.
Status changed yesterday to "Preparing for Shipment".

Jeaddi

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
I received tracking information today, however when I click to track ups does not recognize the number. It also still says delivery dates is 10/13-10/20, I hope that updates soon!

SueG

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2011
At last iphone 6 gold 64gb preparing for despatch delivery date still says 7th - 10:)

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
Ordered my 128 gb Space Grey 6 for AT&T last night, already moved to preparing for shipment! Estimated delivery date of OCT 13-16, hope it comes sooner than that!

jac2598

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
And I now have a tracking number, with an estimated UPS deliver of 10/1. No change to the estimated date on Apple.com, though.

It certainly appears they were hedging in some cases for the 6 Plus. This is far earlier than I expected.

corlando465

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
That's my timeline with Sprint,too. I didn't order until around 5pm on the 12, as k couldn't decide if I wanted to upgrade or not..: finally gave in :) Checked status last night and it's showing processing for shipment (can't be cancelled) so at least there's a little activity :)

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Same story here

Just had a slight change to my status. Little back story:

6:30 AM NY time on 9/12 I preordered, via Apple Store app, two iPhones.
Wife: iPhone 6, 64gb, Silver, AT&T (delivered on 9/19)
Me: iPhone 6 Plus, 64gb, Space Gray, AT&T (Est. Deliver 10/13-10/20)

I checked my status this morning and noticed, while my dates have not changed, I have moved from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment" and my credit card has a pending transaction from "Apple Online Store" in the amount of the iPhone 6 Plus 64gb.

So, it looks like they're close. Is it realistic that they ship and are delivered next week? A phone that's not available couldn't be preparing for shipment, right? :apple:

I ordered around the same time via the Apple Store app on 09/12 as you - space gray 64 GB AT&T Next. Last night Apple Store order still said processing, but when I read your post, I checked again just now. Mine now shows "preparing for shipment" but with expected delivery dates still 10/13-20. So I went to check AMEX and indeed it shows a pending charge from Apple.

Now that would be fun, sometime next week. AND maybe they'll have fixed the connectivity problems with IOS 8.0.1 by then. Will be mighty hard to to resist syncing with my BU for my 5S to get the same folders apps etc. I have there - IF IT WOULD MEAN I no longer have a working phone. But I'm hopeful all will be solved, and in fact my expected delivery dates will show sometime next week or even the week after (or sooner).

johnIdek

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
6+ 64 Space Gray
Ordered 9/12 4 AM Pacific
Estimated Oct 13-20
Just changed last night from processing to preparing to ship.

Seeing a lot of posts about people getting their phone weeks early...crossing fingers. Yall have any updates?

milhouse994

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Vancouver, WA
6+ 64 Space Gray
Ordered 9/12 4 AM Pacific
Estimated Oct 13-20
Just changed last night from processing to preparing to ship.

Seeing a lot of posts about people getting their phone weeks early...crossing fingers. Yall have any updates?

What carrier are you on? I ordered the same configuration for t-mobile. No update from processing yet but hoping to see it any day now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.