Oct 19th Price Points

super mini (mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2005
106
0
UK, ENGLAND
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

at last the long loved powr books, i got no money but ill find if from some where for the new powerbook


YESSSSSSSSS

sorry but im so happpy that that has been sort of confirmed, i know it would but it makes me happier, i may have to take it out on finance bugger or wait till next year

i just ordered a new hd ready 26 inch panasonic flag ship model tv

a grand to me (caus i sell them haha) to u £1400
 

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
1,304
0
Cincinnati, OH
I really hope that the new Power Mac's will stay at the same price point because I really don't want to spend too much because of the Intel Mac's next year.
 

super mini (mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2005
106
0
UK, ENGLAND
**** a 20" really?

emw said:
That would be the new 20" PowerBook.


17 inch is huge, hy would they make a 20"

i was gonna get a 17 then say to my boss ah i havr the largest u have the smallest (his pb is a 12") lol, but idont think a 20" would be 2 beneficial to me unless it had soem special feature on it that was only available on that 1 model
 

lopresmb

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
289
0
this doesn't seem espicially helpful, but yea, these are current price points for current powermacs
 

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
5,124
2
North Carolina
emw said:
That would be the new 20" PowerBook.
Ha! That would be awesome! I wonder if it'd finally get a numeric keypad! ;)

One thing I hope they DON'T do is some kind of multi-button trackpad. I used a ThinkPad a while back and couldn't stand all the little buttons everywhere.
 

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
5,684
1
LaLaLand, CA
I hope they have a cheaper PowerMac. I just can't see spending $2000 on a G5 with Intels so close, but I need a new tower. A single for $1300-1500 would do me fine. Maybe they'll drop the prices of the current models, and I can get a good deal. :D
 

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
8,088
4
Sol III - Terra
solvs said:
I hope they have a cheaper PowerMac. I just can't see spending $2000 on a G5 with Intels so close, but I need a new tower. A single for $1300-1500 would do me fine. Maybe they'll drop the prices of the current models, and I can get a good deal. :D
You could always get a refurbished model. There's one for $1299 US currently.

Don't expect too many left over systems this time. Apple seems to be clearing inventory of the current models. Also expect it to be 2007 sometime before there is an Intel PowerMac for sale. Also, what you buy now will still work and have software updates available until at least 2010,so maybe you should by a machine now to last a few years and then upgrade.
 

super mini (mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2005
106
0
UK, ENGLAND
solvs said:
I hope they have a cheaper PowerMac. I just can't see spending $2000 on a G5 with Intels so close, but I need a new tower. A single for $1300-1500 would do me fine. Maybe they'll drop the prices of the current models, and I can get a good deal. :D

do we know when the intel chips are coming out?

or is there a possabilty they will come out with these pwoer items?

i know mac user has spoke about the intells long befor i got my mini mac (which was when they came out with the 512mb ram)


so how long are we goin to have to wait? ne way i preffer the g4/g5 chips there much better, i say **** the windows compatability and all thr windows users, if you want office buy apple works, but dont join the windows clan
 

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
11,177
0
wordmunger said:
Ha! That would be awesome! I wonder if it'd finally get a numeric keypad! ;)

One thing I hope they DON'T do is some kind of multi-button trackpad. I used a ThinkPad a while back and couldn't stand all the little buttons everywhere.
Well, since it's a G5 PB, that extra space is actually for a cup warmer/mini grill. The keyboard and speakers actually have a thin plastic coating over them so the cheese dripping off the bread won't get into the holes.

As for the multi-button trackpad, I'm with you. I've got a Dell laptop I use on occasion that has 4 buttons. Plus the trackpad acts as a button. Stupid IT department disabled all controls so I can't even customize them (or shut off the trackpad button)!
 

super mini (mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2005
106
0
UK, ENGLAND
emw said:
Well, since it's a G5 PB, that extra space is actually for a cup warmer/mini grill. The keyboard and speakers actually have a thin plastic coating over them so the cheese dripping off the bread won't get into the holes.

As for the multi-button trackpad, I'm with you. I've got a Dell laptop I use on occasion that has 4 buttons. Plus the trackpad acts as a button. Stupid IT department disabled all controls so I can't even customize them (or shut off the trackpad button)!

using the track pad a s a button is extreemly handy, ive used laptops with that feature and its very handy, i used my bosses 12 pb on sunday and i kept tapping the pad expecting it to click then remebring i have to mave my finger to the left click,

and why do they place the click buttons bellow the trackpad insted of above, it would be much easier if they were above the track pad

or am on my own with this 1?
 

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
5,124
2
North Carolina
emw said:
Well, since it's a G5 PB, that extra space is actually for a cup warmer/mini grill. The keyboard and speakers actually have a thin plastic coating over them so the cheese dripping off the bread won't get into the holes.
So, the big question now is -- when will we see the new George Foreman edition?
 

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
12,546
1,196
super mini (mac said:
and why do they place the click buttons bellow the trackpad insted of above, it would be much easier if they were above the track pad

or am on my own with this 1?
I prefer using my thumb to click, but I'd use my middle finger on a button above the pad just for variety (variety = comfort and healthier). I don't think having a button up there ALSO is a bad idea. Apple used to do that in the trackball days.
 

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
11,177
0
wordmunger said:
So, the big question now is -- when will we see the new George Foreman edition?
That's the beauty of it. Simply run the PB in clamshell mode and there you go. Although to avoid licensing issues, they can't drain the fat directly into the PowerBook, so an optional device is available and is connected to the PB via the PC Card slot.
 

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
11,177
0
nagromme said:
I prefer using my thumb to click, but I'd use my middle finger on a button above the pad just for variety (variety = comfort and healthier). I don't think having a button up there ALSO is a bad idea. Apple used to do that in the trackball days.
I've noticed I've gone to my middle finger when using my Dell quite often as well. But not so much to operate a button; conversely it's generally after it has been pushing my buttons.
 

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
5,684
1
LaLaLand, CA
Bear said:
You could always get a refurbished model. There's one for $1299 US currently.

Don't expect too many left over systems this time. Apple seems to be clearing inventory of the current models. Also expect it to be 2007 sometime before there is an Intel PowerMac for sale. Also, what you buy now will still work and have software updates available until at least 2010,so maybe you should by a machine now to last a few years and then upgrade.
I know, but it's got a lot of limitations for the price. I don't expect a lot of old systems lying around, but I'm sure there will be some, especially if the new models don't ship for awhile and inventory hasn't been completely cleared out. I don't think Intel PowerMacs will be coming anytime soon, and I realize my software will last for awhile, but I just can't bring myself to pay $2000 for what's out there now.

If Apple wows me on Wed, we'll see. But I'd still rather have a cheaper single because it would be perfect for what I need it for. I suspect I am not alone in this.
 

super mini (mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2005
106
0
UK, ENGLAND
wordmunger said:
So, the big question now is -- when will we see the new George Foreman edition?

who needs a george forman

just stick the cheese toastie in the super drive, in the pb cooker versions its called a super fryer

also burns discs pretty quick to but who gives a rats ass on wether it works ok as a computer as long as it cooks my dinner im happy

HAHA :D
 

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
5,124
2
North Carolina
super mini (mac said:
who needs a george forman

just stick the cheese toastie in the super drive, in the pb cooker versions its called a super fryer

also burns discs pretty quick to but who gives a rats ass on wether it works ok as a computer as long as it cooks my dinner im happy

HAHA :D
Oh... and one more thing: The eMac hasn't actually been discontinued. The new 27-inch CRT mac will also serve double-duty with its built-in deep fat turkey fryer!
 

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
1,128
0
Peoria/Chicago, IL
solvs said:
I know, but it's got a lot of limitations for the price. I don't expect a lot of old systems lying around, but I'm sure there will be some, especially if the new models don't ship for awhile and inventory hasn't been completely cleared out. I don't think Intel PowerMacs will be coming anytime soon, and I realize my software will last for awhile, but I just can't bring myself to pay $2000 for what's out there now.

If Apple wows me on Wed, we'll see. But I'd still rather have a cheaper single because it would be perfect for what I need it for. I suspect I am not alone in this.
Just out of curiosity, what do the current Power Macs lack that makes you not want to buy one now? I could see if you were comparing the 2.0 to the 2.3, but I don't think the 2.3 is terribly overpriced. Maybe that's just me though.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.