Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I've seen an offical Family Guy thread, so why not one for the Simpsons? Post your favorite episdoes, lines charecters,. etc.

My favorite line is in the episode when Bart wakes up early to open presents, and melts the tree.

Earlier in the night, homer puts up the Christmas lights, but he falls off the roof, and pulls almost evrything off. When he plugs it in, it sizzles and cracks

Bart: It's craptacular

I laughed my ass off that night.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
man, i used to watch The Simpsons SO much when i was younger... now i've just kind of stopped i'm not sure why,

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Some guy:Homer, we're going to ask you a few simple yes or no questions. Do you understand?
Homer:Yes. (lie dectector blows up)

Homer: Lisa, would you like a donut?
Lisa: No thanks. Do you have any fruit?
Homer: This has purple in it. Purple is a fruit.

Homer (sung to the Flintstones song): Simpson! Homer Simpson! He's the greatest guy in history. From the, Town of Springfield! He's about to hit a chestnut tree! hits tree

Got to love The Simpsons

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
pknz said:
Homer (sung to the Flintstones song): Simpson! Homer Simpson! He's the greatest guy in history. From the, Town of Springfield! He's about to hit a chestnut tree! hits tree

Ya thats got to be the best intro ever i laughed at that one too!

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
I used to love the Simpsons, especially when Conan was writing, but the last 4-5 years have been terrible.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
My fav character is Hans Moleman. You call that a knife THIS is a knife. Oooo down I go

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
Cassie said:
C'mon people, lets post:)

I'd like to, but the thing I thought was funniest was really, really insensitive. I thought I'd never stop laughing.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
another one of my favorites is in the episode"theres something about marrying" when Homer becomes a minitser to perform Gay marriages, and he says

HOMER: alright, who's next? Adem and Steve or Madem and Eve?

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
The Simpsons is one of my top 5 favorite shows. I still watch it once or twice a day in syndication, but I miss the Sunday night episodes often.

It would be so hard to pick a favorite episode. If I had to really narrow it down I might go with "22 Short Films About Springfield". The first Frank Grimes episode is great too. This list could go on and on.

Favorite Homer quote "Me lose brain? Uh, oh! Ha ha ha! Why I laugh?" :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
What's the episode where Homer tries to skateboard over the canyon? Almost wet myself the first time I saw that. Stoopid but hilarious... :D

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I remember seeing The Simpsons when they first made their appearance on the Tracy Ullman show. I followed the series from the beginning when Bart was the star of the show. "Cowabunga! Eat my shorts!" But the series became great when Homer became the focus of the jokes.

My favourite episode was when Homer got sucked into the 3D vortex.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Treehouse of Horror V.

"No TV and no beer make Homer something something" is scrawled all over the walls of a hauntedish house.

Homer: No TV and no beer make Homer something something.

Marge: Go crazy?

Homer: Don't mind if I do!

Homer then goes crazy.

Agent Smith

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2004
Toronto, ON
Owner: Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!
Homer: [worried] Ooooh, that's bad.
Owner: But it comes with a free Frogurt!
Homer: [relieved] That's good.
Owner: The Frogurt is also cursed.
Homer: [worried] That's bad.
Owner: But you get your choice of topping!
Homer: [relieved] That's good.
Owner: The toppings contains Potassium Benzoate.
Homer: [stares]
Owner: That's bad.
Homer: Can I go now?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Sigh, so many memorable phrases...

In my household, we use quotes from the Simpsons all the time in our regular conversations. It seems that almost anything that happens in real life has a suitable Simpsons quote.

Example: We're driving and looking for a place to stop for food. Quote: "Clown college? You can't eat that!"

Example: Counting spare change. Quote: "Money can be exchanged for goods and services!"

Example: Corn for dinner. Quote: "I can still eat corn on the cob if someone cuts it off and smushes it into a fine paste."

Example: We hear something said with an inflection that gives it a different meaning. Quote: "Kill, Bart! Kill, Bart! Kill Bart! Kill Bart!"

Example: Waiting for somebody to open the door. Quote: "You have my pills! I'm cold and there are wolves after me."

And I love to speak of the "hypothetical third dimension".

Speaking of The Simpsons, I went to see this theatre performance last Wednesday. It wasn't the best play ever, but it was interesting and I liked the cast. Anybody see the connection?

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
In the episode "Future-Drama"

Lisa: You're gay for Moleman!
Bart: No you're gay for Moleman!
Moleman: (sadly) No one's gay for Moleman.

And there's the quotes from my favorite episode, "There's something about marrying"

Rev. Lovejoy: While I have no opinion for or against your sinful lifestyles, I cannot marry two people of the same sex no more than I can put a hamburger on a hotdog bun. Now, go back to working behind the scenes at every facet of entertainment!
Marge: Excuse me, Reverend.
Lovejoy: Yes?
Marge: As long as two people love each other, I don't think God cares whether they both have the same "hoo-hoo" or "ha-ha".
Nelson: Ha-ha!

and

Patty: Marge if you can find it in your heart to accept me for who I am, I would love to see you at the wedding. If not, I'll see you at Homer's funeral. (we then see Homer trying to get a fly with a knife, and the fly lands on the back of his hand) Should be pretty soon.
Homer: (stab noise): Got him! Uh-oh.

fatandlazy11

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2006
Depends on my mood
I watch the show almost everyday. It is hard to pick out just ONE favorite episode, charectr, etc. I think my favorite charecter is either Grampa, or Hans Moleman.

Homer: Ah, $20, I wanted a peanut! :D

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
No more new episodes till November

I thought there was something odd about this season starting so early. Fox seemed so obsessed with being first out of the gate with new shows. I almost forgot animation takes time to produce. Looks like another "Halloween special in November?"- Kodos I thought they would actually have a Treehouse of Horror in October for a change.

Tonight's episode was kinda forgetable like most episodes over the past few seasons. I'm sure it will grow on me after I've seen it in reruns a few times. Like the Star Wars reference. Very Family Guy of them.

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
Haha, I love how I stumbled upon this thread.
I went to the same highschool that Matt Groening did, Lincoln high in portland oregon. If you watch the simpsons and know who the character mister burns is, its interesting to know that he was created based upon a teacher that is still teaching at lincoln today. Mr. Bailey. He reminds you of mr. burns if you even take a little glance at him. Theres also early sketches in the boys bathrooms that still exist today. Thats one of the only exciting points to lincoln, besides its football legacy/empire, thats worth mentioning.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
I used to watch the Simpsons constantly,now I don't even watch it at all, burned out on it I guess.

But my favorite line/episode is the gun control one..

Line:

Homer has the gun he says "I feel so powerful, like God must feel when he's holding a gun! "

ha ha

cracks me up.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Me == Biggest Simpson's Fan ever.

Unfortunately, this is the worst season I've ever viewed. Worse even than the first two seasons.
IMO, every script should be run by me before it's produced so I can re-Simpson a lackluster animated sundaynightcraporama.

Favorite char?

There's just to many.. but the one I miss the most is Troy McClure. You might remember him from such educational films as "Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly".

:D

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
"Homer no function beer well without."

"Here's to alcohol; the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

Have to spell this one phonetically to have it make sense. Homer, upon seeing the sign for a gym: "[Gime]? What's a [gime]? Walks in and sees people working out. "Ohhh, a [gime]."

"Good news! I got in a fight with the garbageman, and their cutting off our service!"

Actually I think that episode with the garbagemen is one of my all-time favorites.

Homer on the phone: "Are the new garbage trucks here?" pause "Are they amphibious?" pause "Only one way to find out!".

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Bart: Jeez, everyone knows the first day of school is a total wank.
Skinner: If by 'wank', you mean 'educational fun', then stand back, it's wanking time!

You'd be surprised how many people I know didn't understand that....am I the only American who knows what wank means?

martin1000

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2005
Washington, D.C.
Marge vs. the Monorail - best episode ever!

Smithers: Well, sir, where should we dump <this> batch [of nuclear waste]?
Playground?
Burns: No. All those bald children are arousing suspicion.
---
Marge: Homer, there's a family of possums in here.
Homer: I call the big one 'bitey'
---
Homer: Donuts - is there anything they can't do?
---
Homer: Are we gonna die son?
Bart: Yeah. But at least we'll take a lot of innocent people with us.
---
Bart: Y'know? I used to think you were stuck in an emasculating, go-nowhere job.
Homer: Heh, heh… Kids.
Bart: But now, I want to follow in your footsteps.
Homer: [excited] Do you want to change your name to Homer Junior? The kids can call you Ho-Ju!
Bart: [appropriate pause] I'll get back to you.
---
Lyle Lanley: Are you stuck in a dead-end job?
Homer: Maybe!
Lyle Lanley: Are you wasting away the precious gift of life in front of the idiot box?
Homer: What's it to ya?!
Lyle Lanley: Are you on your third beer of the evening?
Homer: Does whiskey count as beer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.