Official LittleBigPlanet thread

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Mr. lax, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

There have been a couple of threads floating around, but i decided that people might like to have one place to go and ask questions about the game.
    I have the game so i'll try to answer any question that anyone might have.

The game is a 10/10, and if you have a ps3 it is really worth the buy

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Can't connect to the servers......

*cries in corner*

3. capoeirista macrumors 6502

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Considering the "official" release date is today, yesterday was more than likely a dry run for the servers. I noticed even when I would get connected the menus would lag a bit with the connection to their servers being less than optimal, however once I couldn't get connected the menus were much more fluid and faster to load. I sent in a report to Mm but I think they probably already know this.

Jimmi, I'll try to make a Hoff sackboy for you. Better now? :p

5. Mr. lax thread starter macrumors 6502

The servers are having serious launch day problems, and are still down. The game continues to amaze, (and frustrate while trying to collect 100% on all levels) :(... i think its worth it though. It's a thing of beauty

6. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

Go Sack Boy!

Picked mine up last night. Quite happy with it after one night, but the severs were down and the game froze up on multiple occasions.

Still super exited for one of the only original, non-sequel titles of the holiday season.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

so worth the 60 bucks? im debating on getting it or not

8. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

I think the only reason its freezing up is because they wont turn the servers on. The game tries to connect online everytime you go to your pod, so it sits there and keeps trying until it times out from no response. When they were on yesterday the game never froze, it went straight to the pod and into the levels.

9. FetalSage macrumors regular

I haven't been able to find it anywhere (in San Francisco) :( I want it!

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

11. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Hell ya!

Ya, that's gotta be it. The only time mine crashed was once when it actually showed the EULA, I hit agree and BAM!
    Yay, maybe you will get it right when the servers go up.

I beat the story yesterday, still going for 100%. I loved the final boss. It was easy, but so complicated and amazing. I can't believe I could make that thing with the editor!

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Patch is out.... servers are fixed!!!

Yaaaa!!

13. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

I hope to pick this up today. I think the canadian release was suppse to be today. My network ID is Rivix. Add me!

14. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I've been fairly lucky with getting online the past 2 days -sometimes I have even had great connections and no lag at all with the servers. I played a couple games online last night and it started to get a little laggy at loading but no lag once the game started.

I must say - great game and tremendous fun online. The lipsyncing sacboys while you talk is HILARIOUS!

PSN is kwick7 - I should be playing later tonight again.

15. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

Success! I just picked up the game at Walmart. I've been dabbling in the single player and just started a bit of multiplayer.

There seams to be some big lag problems still. It was very hard to play. It was still really fun, and meeting new people is awesome. I can definitely see the appeal and potential already.

I have some things to do and i'll dive back in latter today.

16. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

Just some quick notes:

It would seam the servers are down again. I feel bad for the tech people over at Sony, but how couldn't you have expected this much traffic?!

Also, the controls we're bothering me (especially jump) but I'm warming to them.

The single player is also growing on me. It can be boring at times, but knowing that there are some really hidden items keeps me coming back. I've gone through the second level probably 5 times, and can't get any more than 80%. I don't even know where they might be. Not even a hunch. I'm intrigued.

17. Mr. lax thread starter macrumors 6502

Servers? i'll try in a couple minutes when i finish my homework. But the story mode, and the creator is enough to make this GOTY

18. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

19. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

It's not LESS content. They never said we'd get the Ape Escape costume. Anyway... where the hell is the PSN update today? I want Mirror's Edge demo!

20. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Its less than what other countries are getting. Im at a loss for why countries who barely celebrate Halloween are getting the Halloween themed DLC while we have to wait until around thanksgiving. Its been almost 2 weeks since the game hit the shelves and they cant even get already-made DLC on the damn servers in all the countries. It boggles the mind how stupid Sony can be, whoever is managing this launch just needs to be fired because its been one screw up after another.

21. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Ya I guess... but it's what they promised :p.
    Maybe.... maybe... I'll log in my Japanese account and d/l the other ape costume :eek:.

22. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

I already tried that, the game wont see the costumes

23. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

You sir are living proof that no matter what a developer does some people can never be satisfied. Get over it, there always will be regional exclusive content and add-ons. Look at Minna No Golf for example, most of its downloadable content is specifically for the Japan region.

Mm did a great job with LBP, give credit where its due, and leave the nitpicking to MRU ;)

It is what they promised, there have always been region based exclusives and content, PSN just makes them more visible than they were in previous generations.

It works for me, you need to be using a Japanese account though, it will not work with my US PSN tied account. I doubt having a CC linked to the JPN account matters, but I have that too.