'Official' New Member Thread: Welcome

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by arn, Jul 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Flesh Gordon macrumors newbie

Flesh Gordon

heh, second post...

as a current Performa 6115CD power pc owner, i can say i’ve been a bit of an Apple fan for over 25yrs...i currently use my thumbs to smash the touch screen keyboard of a 1st gen 12” ipad pro to communicate over the interwebs with like minded creatives and, at times, a special brand of ludicrous, lecherous lunatics.

i was informed by one of the online grates that i too should become a member here in order to share my wealth of creative knowledge...little does he know that i intend to devoure, word by word, your intellect and insight...like a vampire of 1’s and 0’s i will byte and bleed you of information that can only create an even larger monster than i have already become.

muuuwwaaaaahahahahahahaha!

here to learn and share where i can, its my intent to inform, to be informed and ultimatley entertian you with my posts along the way...and please, do not take offense, i refuse to use capitilization as it requires extra motions for these tired arthritic appendages.

this being my second post, its probably a good time to wish you well and for me to run along and read the rules whilst i get aquatinted with the features of this fine site.

alas, i leave you a scant taste of my creative juice which you may now associate with my jolly moniker:

7787F528-9DE6-4AF5-8A2A-83D2A1221C66.jpeg

2. Mike_Trivisonno, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019

Mike_Trivisonno macrumors newbie

Mike_Trivisonno

Thanks!

Been using Macs since they came out. Went from using Aldus PaheMaker to MacroMedia VideoWorks to CosA AfterEffects, to Omnis to Strata 3D, and a gazillion other applications. I also remember when to Jasmine Direct Drive 20 and the the Viking 2-page display were the cutting edge! Now I spend all my time in FileMaker running a database for a small business.

Just wanted to participate in a Mac web site.

3. TomFromAndroid macrumors newbie

TomFromAndroid

Hello, all!

I just stumbled into this forum while web searching for info on my new iPhone, and I'm glad to have arrived here. As my user name suggests, I was a former long-time Android and PC person who is new to the world of Apple. I impulse-bought an iPad mini 4 a year ago and liked it well enough that I've recently switched my mobile phone to an iPhone SE. Maybe at some point my Dell desktop PC will give way to an iMac.

There are some things I love about my new iDevices and some things that frustrate me. So, after lurking a bit and reading up, I will probably be hitting you up with questions!

4. Ryan0303 macrumors newbie

Ryan0303

Android jumper here, 15 years worth of android and in my infancy here. First off, here to learn anything and everything about XS Max. Truly is a steep learning curve. Secondly, while searching for info on iPhone, every search engine opened with Macrumors to answer my queries. Final reason to join this knowledgeable group was reading reviews for a screen protector and many posters referenced macrumors. Trolled and signed up. Throw any XS Max help my way, please!

5. alloja macrumors newbie

alloja

Hi everyone!

I'm alloja from Belgium! I just finished my studies in journalism. Huge fan of medias and hi-tech: there are my favorite topics. And I'm a reader of MacRumors for a few years of course! :-D

My setup is composed by a 2018 MacBook Pro 13", an iPhone 8 Plus, an iPad Pro 10.5", an Apple Watch Series 4 and an Apple TV 4K. I also have an old Nexus 7 2013 when I have to test something on Android.

Sorry if I made mistakes in my presentation… English isn't my mother tongue, but I'll try to do my best. :)