'Official' New Member Thread: Welcome

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by arn, Jul 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. bassist42 macrumors newbie

Hello

new member here. Have owned apple products for about 12 - 14 years now.
    I generally find their products of better quality but its frustrating that the company is joining the planned obsolescence trend that other electronics mfg endorse.

In my mind this lessens the value, IE if the MAC product is not more durable due simply due to planned obsolescence then why pay the premium?

This is something I consider as I weigh my options when evaluating replacment of my 2011 27" iMAC. I like the computer, its fast enough to suit my needs. Alas, now I grapple with teething issues of not being able to read external optical media, hence my login / signup today.

Have a happy

2. DDWA macrumors newbie

Hi - another Newbie - that's it for now...

3. papadj3 macrumors newbie

papadj3

I am a newbe reading like crazy!!
    2009 cMP flashed 4,1 to 5,1 upgraded with as much compatible hardware as I can understand!
    Thanks for this forum!!

4. franckearts macrumors newbie

I am new to this type of forum. My husband gives me your articles which apply to what I need to know concerning my new Apple Watch. So, I decided to apply myself. I would like to find out information concerning how to track calories for stretching exercises and aerobic pool exercise. That's it for now. So far, the rest of the watch seems self intuitive although I am learning more as I use it day to day.

5. avdo macrumors newbie

avdo

Hi,

New member here but have browsed the site for years!

After 5 hackintosh setups I have finally settled on a 11,5 MacBook Pro

Feels weird updating stuff without having to fix anything afterwards !!

6. mrgrtt123 macrumors newbie

mrgrtt123

Hey, everyone, my name is Meg and I am the latest addition to this community. I have been a fan of Apple products since 2012. See you around!

7. mrgrtt123 macrumors newbie

mrgrtt123

I am not aware that an introduction thread is available in this community so pardon me for being such an intruder on some thread. My name is Margarette and I have been a fan of Apple products since 2012. My first ever Apple device is the iPhone 4s and the iPad 2, I got it as a graduation gift from my sister. See you all around!

8. AutomaticApple macrumors 6502

AutomaticApple

Hello everyone! I’m new to the MacRumors community. I hope I can find my place here and get along! :)

9. AdamIce macrumors newbie

Hi guys! You know I always hated the introduction threads because I had no idea what I have to say about me so I will keep it short. I am curious about Apple products so I think that the best way to learn more about them is to join a forum (actually knowledge and experience not theory) So here I am. :D

10. Saburo macrumors newbie

Saburo

Hello! Long-time lurker, mostly at the buyers guide. Looking to get my first (yes, FIRST) iPhone after over a decade of iPod Touch models. Since the likelihood of a new Touch is nil, I guess it's time to get on the iPhone bandwagon.

Thing is... I should WAIT for new price reductions? Whaaa...

11. leonordos macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I'm new to here.

12. cessrcd macrumors newbie

cessrcd

New MacRumours reg., joined to report failed SSD on 2014 MBA.

SSD was a Toshiba, which seem to have a less than brilliant reputation.

Luciky a member of our department had just upgraded their 2017 MB? and they had their no longer required 256GB Samsung SSD, so all is goo.

13. emmamillathompson macrumors newbie

Hi All, I am very happy to join this forum, please guide me.

14. Dix_Fix macrumors newbie

Dix_Fix

Hi I’m a NEWBIE !!
    Just wanted to say hi.
    Trying to keep abreast of tech in some sort of manner.
    Gets harder each year.

15. teiki arii, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018

teiki arii macrumors newbie

teiki arii

Hello,
    My parents bought our first Apple II+ 48Kb (we are five brothers and I have a twin one) in 1980 as far as I remember. I became a computer engineer from 1984 to 1988 and stopped my career to become a medical doctor.
    I didn't buy any computer until I flew to Tahiti. When back home, I bought a Power Mac G4 AGP (after Steve Jobs came back to Apple Inc.) that I used from 2000 to 2010 until it died. Then I bought in department store a 50% discount cMP 2009 W3520 that I modded with W3680 CPU (changed for X5675 one month ago), a second-hand GTX680 Mac edition (to RX580 a month ago), RAM 48Gb and SSD PCie.
    I am very happy with it to work mostly on photo RAW files.
    I bought for our three sons one discount MacBook Air and two discount MacBook Pro on Refurb last year for studies (and so on..)
    This Mac Pro should be my last Apple desktop computer...
    Thank you for reading.

16. rexifelis macrumors newbie

rexifelis

long term computer user/repair guy
    just saying hi, how are y'all doing?

rexifelis

17. commtrd macrumors newbie

Hi guys. Noob fer sure. Just bot iPP X 11" mainly for aviation apps but also for the other mainstream stuff plus want to get into some digital artwork. Anyone found a good GLASS screen protector for iPP 11? Really don't want this emperor to be running naked. But I am wery sensitive and need my iPP to be just as sensitive... :D;):rolleyes:

18. filmmaker01 macrumors newbie

filmmaker01

Hi all, Apple User since 2009, IT Nerd since Commodore C64/128 :), love all my Apple Machines and Hardware. Owned a few over the years. Thanks for this Forum!

Cheers

19. TianjinMBP macrumors newbie

TianjinMBP

Hello everyone! I'm an American living in China. I'm a mac user since 2009 when I bought my first MBP and still use it. I'm a Linux diehard from the late 90's and I teach CS at a university in Tianjin, China.

Thanks for having me!

20. Pntblnk macrumors member

Hello everyone....looking GM time listener, first time caller...

Been a Mac user since 2008... shifted to the MBA at launch, went through 4 of those before moving up to a loaded MBP w/ retina in 2017 and now a loaded MB for road use. Heavy traveler domestic and abroad and always found the Mac’s to be the better choice for functionality, mobility and reliability.

21. grimblegrumble macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

I follow you for a while and you have been very useful to restart my "old man", a mac pro 2006 1.1
    I must say that I do not know English well and then I read and write helping with an online translator, so I apologize for the basic language.
    Now I have some problems to solve and I posted the question, before introducing myself, however ...
    I hope I have returned to good standing
    Thank you all in advance

22. sickoagb macrumors newbie

Hello everyone! I've been reading MacRumors for many years now, which led me to being a Mac user since 2015 (13 inch rMBP) after using iPhone for a while.

23. Mike_Trivisonno macrumors newbie

Mike_Trivisonno

My first post. Just want to see what it looks like.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2019 ---
    My first reply. This is what a reply looks like.

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

25. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Welcome to the forums Mike. If you like, tell us a bit about yourself and what brought you here. :)