Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
While I look forward to Aperture 1.5, I am highly dismayed by the lack of MBP updates, especially since mine is dying right before my eyes.

Since everyone knows that MacRumor users are never happy after an event, I want to be the first to say:

What gives, Apple? WHERE IS MY MEROM MBP!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

</rant>

*eats salad. Sobs uncontrollably*

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
Hey the good news is Apple isnt sitting on its hands.

the bad news is people like us keep waiting. Well, i hope i dont have to wait too much longer.

Apple... please come with the new MBP, the MB can wait, cause it is the lower end product.

Also, please make an airplane/auto Magsafe power adapter. the lack of it is really pissing people off. Either make it or allow a third party to do it

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
I'm waiting like everyone else, but really didn't expect to see it today. I think tomorrow is only a slight possibility, not only because it's a Tuesday, but I think tomorrow is the day that "Intel endorses Apple" or some such nonsense. Even then, I don't think it's coming. I'm guessing - and I do mean GUESSING - we'll probably (hopefully) see something in October.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
deputy_doofy said:
I'm waiting like everyone else, but really didn't expect to see it today. I think tomorrow is only a slight possibility, not only because it's a Tuesday, but I think tomorrow is the day that "Intel endorses Apple" or some such nonsense. Even then, I don't think it's coming. I'm guessing - and I do mean GUESSING - we'll probably (hopefully) see something in October.
Just hoping my computer lasts that long...:(

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
Kingsly said:
First time I've ever felt let down by Apple. It's really quite shocking. :eek: ;)

Although I really don't care about the upgrade personally, my Blackbook is all I need and more, I have to admit the delay here is.....puzzling.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
It's not in our hands.
It'll happen when it happens.

Wait for the update or get the current ones.

kettle said:
I wonder if they'll wait for a quad core?

I mean, if they rebuild the enclosure to allow easy ram and HD access then maybe anything is possible...

how long until the quad core is announced?
That would be wicked sweet.
The desktop version is going to be released mid-November.

kettle

macrumors 65816
Unorthodox said:
It's not in our hands.
It'll happen when it happens.

Wait for the update or get the current ones.

Thanks for that helpful advice. I'm sure there are other discussions you can help with, please hurry.

now I'm going to need to edit my post too.
Please don't go.

aaand... does anyone know about any lower power quad core processors from intel, would they be something other than clovertown?

ragintajin

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2006
Its like cooking an eggo in te toaster...if you just sit there and stare at it, it's never gonna pop. But the second you forget about it, it pops.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
kettle said:
Thanks for that helpful advice. I'm sure there are other discussions you can help with, please hurry.
Realityman strikes again! ;)

Look what happens when Apple doesn't update their hardware.
Suddenly everyone has a scowl on their face and their walking around mad.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Kingsly said:
*eats salad. Sobs uncontrollably*

Yech, salad. You must be hurting something serious.

Anyways, I'll be in the same boat tomorrow. I've still got some hope for tomorrow, but if not... *prepares to sob uncontrollably*

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
Kingsly said:
First time I've ever felt let down by Apple. It's really quite shocking. :eek: ;)

why dont you return it if its so bad?

im afraid the hopefull wishes of some people on this forum are well overboard....today was about photography..

tomorrow is tuesday....maybe you will only have to wait another 2o hours....

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
The delay with Merom is kind of weird. Maybe they have something up their sleeve? (Probably not though, Apple just likes to see us suffer. :p )

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
extraextra said:
The delay with Merom is kind of weird. Maybe they have something up their sleeve? (Probably not though, Apple just likes to see us suffer. :p )
Apple better get those 'stuff' out of their sleeves before half their customers are going to wait for MacWorld SF 2007. :rolleyes: :(

Maybe it's the Merom and MB/Ps that doesn't fit right to what Apple had expected...

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
While I do understand that folks waiting for a MBP or MB with the new processors are anxious, and I can't half blame them, it's just really getting tiring reading this stuff. And yeah, I know I don't have to read it, but the place is just littered with MBP and MB thread titles.

Remember when we had no idea what the roadmap was? I almost like it better. Now, with Intel, we know exactly when chips are released and people have been literally wetting their pants until it goes into an Apple product.

1. There are hardly an 64-bit apps that most people, even professionals use. The likelyhood of 64-bit apps being widespread during the life of your notebook is s-l-i-m, slim. I can however understand someone waiting for one if they have a specific 64-bit app to use.

2. We're not talking a massive speed bump here, and I'd say hardly noticeable for most people, even professionals. Maybe 20% at most. What's thi big deal? I mean Ars Technica or Gizmodo aren't jumping up[ and down over these chips as they are in PCs.

3. While I have no idea, I really don't see a major redesign coming. I'm sure there are some nice things and minor feature tweaks coming, but I just don't feel like we'll see these "extreme" form factor changes until January - just makes more sense. I dould be wrong, but oh well.

4. If you need a computer today to make a living, do schoolwork or, something critical, get it. I didn't do a bunch of rumour site wandering and running around when I bougt my last two machines - I needed them to do work. If you're not in that camp, fine, but good gracious, I've never seen this board so lathered up over a small chip enhancement.

The end. :D

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
iGary said:
While I do understand that folks waiting for a MBP or MB with the new processors are anxious, and I can't half blame them, it's just really getting tiring reading this stuff. And yeah, I know I don't have to read it, but the place is just littered with MBP and MB thread titles.

Remember when we had no idea what the roadmap was? I almost like it better. Now, with Intel, we know exactly when chips are released and people have been literally wetting their pants until it goes into an Apple product.

1. There are hardly an 64-bit apps that most people, even professionals use. The likelyhood of 64-bit apps being widespread during the life of your notebook is s-l-i-m, slim. I can however understand someone waiting for one if they have a specific 64-bit app to use.

2. We're not talking a massive speed bump here, and I'd say hardly noticeable for most people, even professionals. Maybe 20% at most. What's thi big deal? I mean Ars Technica or Gizmodo aren't jumping up[ and down over these chips as they are in PCs.

3. While I have no idea, I really don't see a major redesign coming. I'm sure there are some nice things and minor feature tweaks coming, but I just don't feel like we'll see these "extreme" form factor changes until January - just makes more sense. I dould be wrong, but oh well.

4. If you need a computer today to make a living, do schoolwork or, something critical, get it. I didn't do a bunch of rumour site wandering and running around when I bougt my last two machines - I needed them to do work. If you're not in that camp, fine, but good gracious, I've never seen this board so lathered up over a small chip enhancement.

The end. :D

Duplicate post! Report it! Get it deleted!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.