Ok, so who's got the GM on their phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Razeus macrumors 603

I'm installing iOS 4 now on my 3GS. How's the performance?

2. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I like it, I have been using it for a few days now but for some reason I have no digital zoom. Other than that everything is working nicely.

3. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

It seems much faster on my 3G most of the time.

4. fuzion macrumors 6502

Using it on my 3G.. I just wish the 3G was fast enough to do things like oh.. have an effing background wallpaper in iOS 4.

Everything looks different it seems, icons are nicer for the upgraded display in ip4. The new gmail features are nice, unified inbox is nice!

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Runs pretty well on my 3GS but I've noticed a hit to the battery life.

6. East macrumors member

I installed it on my 3GS and it seems so much faster I love it.

7. No ice please macrumors 6502

I would but everywhere I read it says it wipes everything and I can't afford to lose my contacts.

8. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

It will restore from your backup.

9. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Just restore from backup when your done thats what I did and I still have my text convos calendar dates, and contacts.

10. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

11. SonGoku v2.5 macrumors member

I feel like the volume on the iPod app is a bitt lower and while downloading app updates, my songs skipped like I was excercising and listening to a CD player from 1995 last night. Other than that, not too many complaints - but still have yet to really "use" multitasking - iheartradio, for example, still cuts off when I leave the app, but that's up to the developer obviously and probably won't be ready until iOS 4 is released publicly.

It's aesthetically pleasing with the dock looking more like my Mac and folders cleaning up all of my pages, so it's been give and take with me for the last week or so using the GM.

Oh yeah, digital zoom works for me, but IMO is a useless feature.

12. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

LOVE it, grade A upgrade, the only issue I see is it drains the battery a little faster. :(

13. No ice please macrumors 6502

I got the ispw and it says on the file to restore? If I try to update it says it's not compatible with my 3G. :confused: I'm sorry if I'm making this difficult I'm just very worried to mess up my phone.

14. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I got it on my 3GS. Its fast. Cant wait to see how fast on the iPhone 4 with is A4 chip

15. Acronym macrumors 68000

does the dock reflection refelct any app put there? for example if i dont want the mail app will it refelct the messages app or an appstore app?

if you have a JB'd 3G(S) spiritjb will it update properly or will you be hooped?

16. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

17. fuzion macrumors 6502

You have the IPSW for a 3GS it seems. The 3GS IPSW is 350+ mb, the 3G IPSW is about 293mb.. Probably smaller because there is no multi tasking, video recording, voice dialing, etc. for the 3G.

18. RFR79 macrumors member

Multitasking and Backgrounds on my 3G

I have ios4.0 GM on my 3G but I have enabled multitasking and background wallpapers via Redsn0w jailbreak. Here's the link if you're interested

http://www.redmondpie.com/redsn0w-0.9.5-ios-4.0-jailbreak-ipod-touch-iphone-3g/

19. No ice please macrumors 6502

Ahhh your right! I must have clicked the wrong link! Thank you! :D

20. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Got it on my 3GS and got to say it's great. One ting I found is that when I try to quit multiple apps in the multitasking bar (hold the app and press the minus) it will lag a bit. But other than that it's great to bad there aren't may apps that use multitasking, I'd rather not have to just start updating all my apps on Thursday and the days after.

21. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Why are you closing apps that are down there? None of them are taking advantage of the multitasking API's so the launcher should be just acting like a quicklaunch toolbar.

22. risenphoenixkai macrumors regular

I've got it on my 3G. I'm not impressed with the performance. The new features are impressive, yes, but after installing iOS 4.0, my iPhone is acting like it's had its RAM sliced in half. The UI is nice and snappy immediately after a sync or restart, but soon after it becomes laggy and almost unusably slow. I've had far more apps crash than I did under OS 3, and the OS is so bad at memory management now that music playback from iPod.app will start stuttering just from trying to scroll a page in Safari.

I really hope this isn't the final GM build, because at least on the iPhone 3G, it needs a LOT of work. I'm getting an iPhone 4 next month and giving my iPhone 3G to my wife, and I really hope that by then the thing runs better than it does now, because right now it sucks.

23. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Me at first. Drain the battery completely to recalibrate it and it will be back to normal.

24. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

I really love it on the 3GS. The multi-tasking even with it not fully enabled has been nice going between RSS feed and an email. The Apple apps open much quicker because of the freezing state method. I also really like the search wikipedia and google within spotlight, that was my favorite feature of the palm pre and one of the reasons i would jailbreak my iPhone before. Love that its in there.

This should tide me over another year till the iPhone 4GS

25. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

Pandora. Can't wait till they up date it.