Ok... what happened to my camera roll?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by 2IS, Sep 17, 2014.

1. 2IS macrumors 68030

I want it back, and not just the 40 most recent photos I took... WTF Apple!?!

2. matttye macrumors 601

3. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

Segmented and separated to hell and back... I want one place I can scroll through all of them

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

5. terrywfoster macrumors regular

I posted this very thing on this forum when the GM came out and there was no interest in it. Now that iOS 8 is out maybe more will be as upset with the change as I am.

6. Menel Suspended

Menel

The one place... Is the photos tab.

LOL

Some of you guys are like my 70yr old parents with resistance to change.

7. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

theres HELLA threads on this camera roll but no help to roll back to iOS 7.1.2 ??? i don't understand

8. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

Point out where in the changelog it states that reading it will bring back the cameraroll please. I'd love to see it.

----------

And some of you are like my 2 year old niece and can't read.

9. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

you sound like a 2 year old not patient enough to explore the photos app. if you spent more than 2 minutes in the app, you wouldn't have created this thread

10. aircanman macrumors 6502

I think this feature will be added in the next update.

Added back I should say.

11. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes, I absolutely would have. Notice my immediate reply, I'm aware of the album and not a fan of it's layout. This feature was there in IOS7 also so I've been familiar with it for several months. In addition to reading, you need to comprehend, which one are you having trouble with? The reading or the comprehension?

12. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Did you even read? the Recent Photos IS the Camera Roll. its a rename and adjustment within the Photos App.

13. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

Recent photos has 40 in there. My camera roll has nearly 400.

14. Razeus macrumors 603

lol, that's what the Photos section is for. ALL your photos. Albums are for albums (created by Apple, you, or your apps), and Shared are the ones you shared.

It's really simple people.

15. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Should have read it so you would know this and it wouldnt be a surprise... Some people cease to amaze me that they cant go through and prepare to update and instead must press update immediately...

16. cynics macrumors G4

Switching from "albums" to "photos" at the bottom will show all your photos.

Recently added is just that. An album of recently added photos.

Therein lies the rub, all of the apps I've tested so far (like Instagram) that have access to photos only can access my recently added album. Not the other 800 pictures I have.

17. 2IS thread starter macrumors 68030

Let me rephrase since I forgot to account for the IQ drop that accompanies the "Apple always gets it right" crowd who has responded....

All my photos are there. Segmented and separated to hell and back... I want one place I can scroll through all of them. In other words, what the camera roll did.

The answer is simple, what I want doesn't exist in iOS 8

I long for the Forestall days where features weren't removed from iOS.

----------

I would have still complained about it and I'd have still upgraded to IOS8 for other features. So nothing changes.

18. TigerWoodsIV macrumors 6502a

No, it's just atrocious...

19. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Switching from albums to photos still sorts your photos by date groups, and does not restore a complete album with all your photos in it. I never have figured out why Apple keeps breaking features that aren't broken.

So, at the moment there is no way to get back one's contiguous photo album.

20. canadianpj macrumors 6502

I think it would be safe for a moderator to lock this thread now. Not much point in it with all the name calling and what not.

The camera roll is gone, you're photos are under photos.

So, let us all take a big mature breath and move on.

21. TigerWoodsIV macrumors 6502a

It is amazing that so many people don't seem to understand why people may want to look through all of their photos in an easy to navigate, chronological order. How did no one there think this was dumb?

----------

There's no reason for name calling, but there is a reason to be mad they took away the only way I'd ever want to view photos. Having the location is nice option, but chronological order and all together is much simpler...

22. kalexn macrumors 6502

I wonder if they will put it back. I only used to use the albums but I can make due with what it is. I'd rather have it back though :)

23. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

24. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

This is the real issue. My photos in PhotoStream have simply disappeared.
    Okay, the new 'Recent Photos' thing is now basically a shared camera roll, but where have my 700+ PhotoStream pictures gone? :mad:

25. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

photostream was why I ordered the 16gb 6 instead of the 64 smh. Having all those photos displayed on the phone without taking up any flash drive storage. :mad: