Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which color iPhone 7/7 Plus will you be getting?

• Jet Black

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Black

Votes: 124 45.6%
  • Silver

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Gold

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 19 7.0%

• Total voters

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Now that it's officially been revealed, what color iPhone 7 or 7 Plus will you be getting?

Jet Black (glossy), Black (matte), Silver, Gold, or Rose Gold?

tommysm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2013
Jet black, which I'm sure is going to be on back order forever lol

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
I really want the Jet Black, but that finish worries me. They even put a "disclaimer" on the page lol
33yGaNj.jpg

Reactions: VSMacOne

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
I don't even know. I plan to upgrade next year again so I need to keep the phone new to resell later. Having scratches on it is gonna be bad. What should I do.... Only either jet black or matte black. I'm leaning toward jet black. With a case it should be fine. Occasionally take it out to worship the finish lol

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
That Apple says Jet Black will scratch is worrisome. Still want it though, but maybe just regular black.

Sh00tingStar

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I know I'm in the minority, but I sooo wish they'd kept the Space Gray. Now the only choice is black or black to get a black screen border. My next choice would be silver but to my eye the white screen border is always ugly. Guess I'll hold on to my 6s for another year and hope for the best with the 8.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Leaning towards Matte Black now. Just looks really deep, slick and sexy. That Jet Black looks too much like plastic IMO. I also don't use a case and like to throw my phone around a little. Never had an issue and on't want to start.

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
I'm glad to hear that most sheeple are afraid of the fingerprints showing. It will make my jet black phone that much more rare and special.

I just don't get it. How is it any different from the black glossy face we always got? With the exception of also being glossy in the rear. So what you're basically telling me is that even though you love the jet black look, you're going to pass on it because the rear will show fingerprints. Seriously?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.