Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ace36

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2011
Now this is crazy:

For people with the Kindle Special Offers from Amazon, they released a 20% off coupon that works on all the new Macbook Airs and Macbook Pros.

If you already have one: just go to the site and use your code:
Kindle Special Offer: 20% Off Laptops

If you don't have one, you can order today and email Amazon customer service to send you the code.

See: Amazon.com: Kindle with Special Offers

Anyway, this is the best deal I have ever seen on a Mac, so check it out! :eek::eek:

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I don't have a kindle.
Should i buy it and then?

Kindle Special Offers is the one that is $25 less in exchange for bombarding you with ads. I guess that wasn't enough to entice many people, so they started giving out 20% coupons.

coatto87

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
Kindle Special Offers is the one that is $25 less in exchange for bombarding you with ads. I guess that wasn't enough to entice many people, so they started giving out 20% coupons.

I have already placed the order for MBAir.

Do you think i could apply the coupon code on the order?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I have already placed the order for MBAir.

Do you think i could apply the coupon code on the order?

My guess is that you'll need to cancel the order and re-order it. Try calling Amazon, though.

zerind

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
Bombarding you with ads? I own a KSO and the *ONLY* ad you see is the one on the screen saver. There is NO difference in experience between the regular Kindle and the KSO when actually using it. The Ad ONLY displays when the device is turned OFF.

Let's not talk about things we have no experience with, OK?

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Placed my order. Called up my father-in-law and he sent me the 20% off coupon from his Kindle:

screenshotxhh.jpg

coatto87

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
I cancelled the previous order (with delivery august 9-13 :( ) and made a new order with 20% off.

Now delivery estimate is Aug 31- Sep 16 :(

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I cancelled the previous order (with delivery august 9-13 :( ) and made a new order with 20% off.

Now delivery estimate is Aug 31- Sep 16 :(

Maybe call them up and see if they'll apply it to your old order?

painholic

macrumors member
May 20, 2010
so I can only receive the 20% coupon with Special Offers Kindle?? I have a regular kindle..

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Man, with 20% of you could buy the special offers Kindle for $114 and still be saving a hundred bucks on your Air. Not to mention no tax.

I just bought my MBA this morning from the Apple store, no tax because it is NC's tax free weekend. But I did get $50 off, the $100 iTunes gift card and a free printer for being a student.

I already have a Kindle, I kind of wish I could turn on the special offers as I find many of the default wallpapers to be kind of ugly, and if the offers are like this then it would actually be useful...

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
What a great deal

The month wait is a problem.

What do you think the odds are that Amazon will drag their heals with shipping this particular deal?

But Amazon is so big I don't think they would necessarily pay attention. Most likely not.

zerind

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
Yes. The codes are tied to the device. When you click the link from the Kindle it generates a code unique to the device. Anyone can use the code once issued, but only one code is generated per device and is single use.

So you have to have the Kindle in your possession to get the code?

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
So you have to have the Kindle in your possession to get the code?

You have to PHYSICALLY have a Kindle with Special Offers. My wife and I got her dad a Kindle with Special Offers for Father's Day. With this in mind, I called him up this morning and asked him to "help me out" :D

He got his Kindle, went into "Menu", then to Special Offers. He found the offer for 20% off and clicked on the "Email me the code" button. It sent him an email with the code in it, and he forwarded it to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.