OMG An Epic Fail By Apple

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Miko, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Miko macrumors member

Having never owned an iPod, I decided to wait like 3 months until a new iPod Touch was released and then I would purchase it. I was really hoping for lots of upgrades from the iPod Touch 2G (such as camera, built in mic) but Apple epically failed and wasted 3 of my months where I could have bought an iPod Touch 2G and wouldn't care about the new iPod Touch since it has barely changed.

Is it possible that Apple will release an updated iPod Touch 3G before next September? Possibly with a camera or built-in mic? Or do I have to wait a whole year for Apple to add a piece of **** camera and mic so I don't feel ripped off buying the iPod Touch released today?

If so, when do you think a iPod Touch with camera would be released?
    When will the new iPod Touch 3G be in stores, particularly Walmart?
    Is the iPod Touch 3G worth buying?

Epic fail Apple, IHY!

2. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

If you really want a touch, now is the time to pick up a 2G refurb for cheap. Me? I'm still on my 2G Nano. And after this update, I'm not sure. I might pick up a 2G 32GB, or I might wait a year.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I'm betting on the day after you finally breakdown and buy the current model. ;)

4. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

It seems that many other people are in the same situation that I'm in.
    I've never owned a Touch, and I really thought that a camera and/or built in mic was coming. Now, I don't know if Apple would actually release a newer iPod Touch in like 2-5 Months, or if it's going to take a year. I'm kind of wondering if I should get the new one that came out, or try my best to stick out the wait.

But if you think there's a new one coming out before next September, then wait, but if you don't, then get a new one.

5. Miko thread starter macrumors member

OMG :(((( Apple are such scammers I hate them!

6. daflake macrumors 6502a

Yep, they are waiting just for you to go buy and then they will release the new one... :rolleyes:

7. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Apple is never going to release an iPod Touch with a camera. Buy what they have now or get an iPhone if you need a camera.

8. Miko thread starter macrumors member

Well I can't wait any longer, I am going to buy one and fall victim to a scam by Apple.

GF me, Apple wins and I lose trillions of dollars :(

9. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

LMAO, so true! :p

10. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Stop over-reacting. kthnx.
    But I had the same reaction as you when I came home and heard the news. But now I'm thinking, this way. I have a DS, not a DSi, a DS lite. I can play games everywhere, use Internet in WiFi, but I can't take pictures? So what? If I have to carry around a Camera then so be it, but it's not like I'm going to be standing around trying to take a picture with a small camera on my DSi (If I had one). So I'm kind of thinking the same thing towards the iPod Touch. If I want to take a good picture, then I'll use a camera, and if I'm on vacation, I'll use the real camera over the Touch's supposed camera. (The only thing I would want the camera would be for those random moments that you want to have some fun and don't have your camera on you.). And besides, the iPod weighs next to nothing, so it's not like you're lugging around an extra 3 pounds.

11. Miko thread starter macrumors member

Woulda been nice to see some improvements on current features like battery life or speakers... but NO, Apple are stupid idiot scammers!

12. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Yeah, well the battery life could have been better, and the speakers could have been better as well, but maybe they didn't find it necessary to update them. I don't know. Charging every 36 hours is fine enough for me. That can get me through 18 days of listening to music, 2 hours per day. It's kind of a disappointment that they didn't update it, but it's not something to go crazy about.

13. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

My sense is the rumors were true and you can expect the problem-plagued camera version to show up some time later this fall. If you can wait longer... :rolleyes:

14. CSilver macrumors 6502

I know people said there won't be GPS for sure~ but I still wish there will be one coming out. I waited almost a year. When 2nd Gen came out I didn't think 16GB or 32GB would be enough for me.

No improvements in battery life and speakers.... just the price swap.

I am happy to buy the new partially improved Ipod Touch 32GB one!

However, I think I am going to wait another week or so to see how it goes... Maybe a week will turn out to be a month or another year :confused:

15. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

I gotta say I feel like I was punked today by apple. I've been waiting for a 3rd gen. ipod touch. Let this be a lesson to all. Everything you hear is just a rumor until that final day. If you did not get an ipod touch 1 or 2 then this 1 is for you, otherwise I don't see the big deal. Also for those who procrastinate buying when they see something they really like, could prove to be a big mistake. The waiting game does not always pay off.

16. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Yup, what I'm gonna do. Part of me wants to have the Touch, even it's not with GPS or video. I'm thinking about getting one and selling it later on. I'll wait and see the benchmarks, to see if there's any reason I shouldn't just pick up a 2G refurb.

17. barkomatic macrumors 68040

How can you say waiting didn't pay off? Apple reduced their prices and upped their specs. They weren't groundbreaking revisions, but you are still getting more value than you would have gotten yesterday.

18. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

He's saying if we had known, it would have been better to pick up a 2G and already have been using it for a year.

19. primalman macrumors 6502a

Well, maybe go to MacFacts.com instead of MacRumors.com. Could help. :rolleyes:

20. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

I have 200 bucks that i saved up for a 3rd gen touch. Apple, this is a fail. You decide to axe the 16 gb version and keep around the crappy 8gb version. then charge me 200 bucks for a touch that is using 2nd gen tech. Somehow, i think apple thinks we are stupid.

21. Hayduke60 macrumors regular

Why couldn't it be that someone inside Apple dropped the ball. Maybe the rumors of production issues were true. It didn't seem to me that they said all they wanted to say. It may be that Steve Jobs is busting his foot off in someones ass as we speak. Apple stocks fell, the Zune picked up a place on Amazon's top selling mp3's. I think that before Christmas this year you'll see all...well most of the innovation that has had everyone so psyched.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, you wasted the time not Apple. Yeah, it was kind of a mediocre update for the Touch so I understand some disappointment. Apple never promised any of the upgrades that many (including myself) were expecting. You guessed wrong, so get over it. In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that important.

23. Miko thread starter macrumors member

If I actually do buy an ipod Touch 3G and then they release another 1 w/ camera in a few weeks/months, will apple offer any thing like exchanging it for 1 with a camera with a fee so I don't feel scammed?

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, they won't. Why should Apple replace an iPod Touch that you have had for a few months?

25. jseyf5 macrumors member

jseyf5

good. After today apple really needs a good kick in the balls. A zune ousting a new touch would jst make my day after this trainwreck