omg could macrumors get off the ipad now.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by gdeusthewhizkid, Mar 24, 2010.

1. gdeusthewhizkid macrumors 6502a

i come on here to read mac news but lately it has been nothing but ipad talks. sheesh could we talk about macbook pro updates. mac mini updates or a iphone update. sheesh i could care less about the ipad.. I think it's gonna go the way of the macbook air... hyped up and played out.... Mac needs to focus on their prime biz. Computers !!!!!

anybody else tired of the ipad talks?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Its the same when the iPhone came out. Its the product de jour. If you don't want to read it, ignore it. You have the power.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

There are dedicated forums for "talk" about MBPs, Mac Minis and iMacs and all the other Apples Mac has given us.

If you use Forum Spy, you can exclude the iPad related fora, then you won't see those.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Are you talking about the forums? Of the last 30 news stories on MacRumors, the majority were not iPad related.

# MacRumors: Marco Arment Previews Instapaper Pro for iPad, Discusses Development Quandary Ahead of Device's Launch (March 24, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Adobe Creative Suite 5 Set to Launch April 12th (March 23, 2010)
    # Page 2: Harvard University Launches iTunes U Content (March 23, 2010)
    # Page 2: U.S. Army Officials Visit Apple Campus as Agency Weighs Purchasing and Development Plans (March 23, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Analyst Continues to Believe Apple Will Launch Internet-Connected TV (March 23, 2010)
    # iPhone: 'Mythbusters' Explodes Into the App Store (March 23, 2010)
    # MacRumors: iPhone OS to Gain Universal Inbox for Mail? (March 23, 2010)
    # MacRumors: iPads Reportedly Headed to Reviewers Later This Week (March 23, 2010)
    # Page 2: Adobe Releases Second Beta of Photoshop Lightroom 3 (March 23, 2010)
    # iPhone: Yahoo! Launches Search and 'Sketch-a-Search' Apps for iPhone (March 23, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Opera Submits Browser App to Apple, Starts Countdown (March 23, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Apple Once Again Selling Contract-Free iPhones in U.S. Without Proof of AT&T Service Required (March 23, 2010)
    # MacRumors: MacBook Pro Supplies Constrained, Steve Jobs Says 'Not to Worry' (March 22, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Apple Signs Up Independent Publisher and Distributor Perseus Books for iBookstore (March 22, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Apple Adds Ability to Gift App Store Applications (March 22, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Sprint Advertises 4G Overdrive Hotspot Device Using iPhone (March 22, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Amazon Preparing Kindle App for iPad (March 22, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Steve Jobs Backs Organ Donor Registry Bill in California (March 22, 2010)
    # Page 2: User Reportedly Receives Prerelease Mac OS X 10.6.3 Via Software Update (March 22, 2010)
    # Page 2: Apple Offering Discounted iPad 10-Packs to Educational Institutions (March 19, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Apple Officially Invites Developers to Submit iPad Applications to App Store [Updated] (March 19, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Report Blames Screen Supplier Wintek for iPad Delays (March 19, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Researcher Set to Announce 20 Zero-Day Holes in Mac OS X (March 19, 2010)
    # MacRumors: China Mobile Still Pushing Apple to Adopt TD-SCDMA for iPhone (March 19, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Apple Keeping Tight Wraps on iPad as Lucky Developers Gain Restricted Access (March 19, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Intel Experiencing Shortages of Notebook Chips? (March 19, 2010)
    # Page 2: Apple Updates Logic Pro and Logic Express to Version 9.1.1 (March 19, 2010)
    # MacRumors: One More Build of Mac OS X 10.6.3 Seeded to Developers (March 19, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Apple Preparing to Launch 27-Inch LED Cinema Display, Mac Pro Update by June? (March 18, 2010)
    # MacRumors: Apple Reportedly Tempering Expectations as iPad Content Deals Remain Unfinalized (March 18, 2010)

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

And with great power comes great responsibility... not to click.

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There is over 10 000 post thread about MBP update...

Always when something new is coming soon, it's on the spotlight. When MBPs are updated, this place is full of MBP threads for the next week

8. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

NO I'm NOT TIRED!:eek:

I'm tired of those macbook pro threads with arrandale....but that's my opinion....:p:rolleyes:

Everybody dislikes something, it's natural.

9. icrew macrumors member

icrew

It's funny to see posts like this which come up from time to time--it seems like some people (like this poster) assume that there are a fixed number of stories on MR each week, and if they're "taken up" by iPad/iPhone/other company rumors, they're crowding out Mac hardware/Mac OS-related rumors. Somehow I'm thinking it's rather the opposite: Since there are very few mac-related rumors these days, Arn et. al. are filling the space with other interesting tidbits. I simply can't see them saying "oh, here's a very credible release date for the Arrandale MBPs, but we're not going to post it because we've already posted 3 articles today."

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Irony. I loves it. :rolleyes:

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'd like to say to the iPhone people here. This is how many members felt about you when the iPhone launched. Just sayin'. :D

13. gdeusthewhizkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

what's forum spy? i was just venting a bit sorry guys...

14. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Check the top of the page on the menu bar

15. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's hidden, so you have to look really hard for it! :D
    Picture 2.jpg

16. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Same place as the elusive search button ;)

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Funny, you mentioned how you come here and want to read about stuff about macbooks, but I posted a rant about how there's so many threads about the rumored mbp.

So, do what I do, ignore what you don't want to read :D

18. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Over 22,000 posts in the "Waiting for Arrandale" series, alone. :rolleyes: I wish we could block individual threads from Forum Spy!

19. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Search? Where? :rolleyes:

20. kwikdeth macrumors 6502a

my main problem with all the ipad stories clogging up the main site is that some of them are really, really pushing the boundaries of newsworthiness. the one that really took the cake the other day was "iPad Unsurprisingly Registering Most Popular With Affluent Young Adults Already Owning Apple Products"
    ... and yes, completely unsurprising. so why on earth was this a page 1 news item? completely unnecessary, i wouldnt even make it a page 2 news item. Having said that, I also think its really unnecessary to make a page 1 news item out of every new OSX build seeded to developers. Hold off on them, make a news item when the releases get closer together.
    i guess if anything, if its a slow news day, its ok to just not have any updates, rather than posting crap that really serves no use.

21. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    iPad will be dominant for a couple of years now in terms of focus anyway. Because it's newerer. C'est la vie.

22. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

2Words. Advertising revenue.

23. Hmac macrumors 68020

New here, huh?

24. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

:rolleyes:

I'll just quote myself from July 2008:

25. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727