OMG...funny name in News

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 7, 2004
13,722
2,760
Sod off
I happened to be perusing BBC news and saw this article.

Now what UK citizen in their right mind would name their child John Thomas?

For those fellow 'mericans who don't know, John Thomas defined

How ironic that his wife runs a brothel...:rolleyes:

Sorry, a bit pureile but it made me laugh.:D
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,974
390
Lord Blackadder said:
I happened to be perusing BBC news and saw this article.

Now what UK citizen in their right mind would name their child John Thomas?

For those fellow 'mericans who don't know, John Thomas defined

How ironic that his wife runs a brothel...:rolleyes:

Sorry, a bit pureile but it made me laugh.:D
Our Minister for gaming was called Richard Face.
Someone high up on the Medical Association was Dr. Richard Head.
I know a guy who went to school with Wayne Kerr.
My ex-girlfriend went to school with a girl who was named after a word her parents thought was a very nice word even though they didn't know what it meant or how to pronounce it. Phonetically she was call Ke-ross-in-ay.

Her name was spelt, "Kerosene."

No joke.
 

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
1,996
0
A boy I know was named by his sister, who his parent's didn't know was drunk. Hence, John Thomas Seaman :p
 

Poeben

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2004
346
0
There was a guy in my middle school named, you guessed it, Michael Hunt. How do these parents not realize?!?

Nuff said.
 

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
24,415
124
Location Location Location
I guess that's a funny name in the news, but you're not going to beat the name "Ronald MacDonald" who was in the news a little over a week ago because he robbed a Wendy's restaurant he also happened to work at. Yes........"Ronald MacDonald robs Wendy" was one of the headlines I saw for it. Krazy. Krazy with a "k".
 
L

Lau

Guest
I knew a guy at school called Christopher Peacock. Of course, being a happening guy, he called himself Chris....:p
 

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
8,021
1
Lau said:
I knew a guy at school called Christopher Peacock. Of course, being a happening guy, he called himself Chris....:p
There's a guy on the local news (London Tonight or something) with the same name... obviously he *can't* call himself Chris...

Not sure how true this is but my sister claims a girl in her year at Uni was called Clare Terris.

:eek:
 

bgd

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2005
237
11
SG
I had an email yesterday from someone with the first name Twinkle.

She is in the NY office so perhaps that could be a common American name?
 

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
686
25
Tiger Bay
Chundles said:
Our Minister for gaming was called Richard Face.
Channel 10 news once shortened the name to dick on a graphic to i.d. him.
i'm still trying to come to terms with U.S. olympic swimmer misty hymen.
 

applegirl

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2005
139
0
In Cancun. Be back never.
bgd said:
I had an email yesterday from someone with the first name Twinkle.

She is in the NY office so perhaps that could be a common American name?
I've never heard of it before. I had a friend named Piper, and everyone was convinced that her parents were high when they decided on her name.

My Spanish teacher's friend's name was pronounced Emmer-jensey. Yeah, her name was spelled Emergency. Tragic.
 

mpw

Guest
Jun 18, 2004
6,364
1
In a previous job I met;
Mr Roger A. Beaver
Mrs Wanking
Mr Dikshit
Mr Superman
Miss Keshwari-nan
and twin boys named something like "John Alan Smith" & "John Barry Smith"

I also got talking to an American (of all things) who had cousins from WI called Clitus, Anus & Jebediah (sp?)

EDIT: We had a Richard Head as a teacher and the PR guy for the local tabbaco firm is Mr Peter Tabb.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,974
390
748s said:
Channel 10 news once shortened the name to dick on a graphic to i.d. him.
i'm still trying to come to terms with U.S. olympic swimmer misty hymen.
What about her brother Buster?
 

applegirl

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2005
139
0
In Cancun. Be back never.
mpw said:
I also got talking to an American (of all things) who had cousins from WI called Clitus, Anus & Jebediah (sp?)
The only thing I can think went wrong was they were MEANT to be "Cletus", "Amos" and Jebediah. Not MUCH better....sorry to any Cletuses or Amoses (or Jebediahs) out there.
 

mpw

Guest
Jun 18, 2004
6,364
1
applegirl said:
The only thing I can think when wrong was they were MEANT to be "Cletus", "Amos" and Jebediah. Not MUCH better....sorry to any Cletuses or Amoses (or Jebediahs) out there.
Yeah Cletus is my spelling, but still funny(to me). It wasn't Amos but may have been Enus, which I'd still s****** at, and I don't have a problem with Jebediah as that was how the subject came up thinking of names for our as then unborn daughter.
 
L

Lau

Guest
Oh, and I had customer support at my web hosting from a "B.J. Strange" the other week. Made me laugh out loud, in spite of my crushing frustration. :)
 

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
838
227
Virginia, USA
Obligatory Simpsons Link for this thread is HERE

Uh, Amanda Huggenkiss? Hey, I'm looking for Amanda Huggenkiss! Ah, why can't I find Amanda Huggenkiss?
Barney says "Maybe your standards are too high!"
 

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
1,996
0
Lau said:
Oh, and I had customer support at my web hosting from a "B.J. Strange" the other week. Made me laugh out loud, in spite of my crushing frustration. :)
I can top that one with a hairdressers called BJ Blowers & Sons :eek:
 

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 7, 2004
13,722
2,760
Sod off
LOL, these are great!

There is a story going around the hospital that I've heard from enough people to give some credibility to:

A woman gave birth to twins, and the birth certificates read

Lemonjello (pronounced Luh-mon-ja-lo, with emphasis on the "mon")

Orangejello (pronounced O-ron-ja-lo, with emphasis on the "ron")
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.