Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
Rainy Day in Londrina-Brazil. F21A2E89-84DB-4055-A436-6E4D88929281.jpeg

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
38ABBCDF-8A96-48FA-BB31-ED7B26B6E3B6.jpeg
66B76311-F9F1-4A71-8A09-8A0C5B2CB42B.jpeg

Molly checking on her squirrels first thing in the AM.

The first photo is in Portrait Mode, and I thought it had given her a haircut on her back. However, the second photo, not done in Photo Mode, shows that this is just the way her coat showed up due to the camera angle I was using.

These are among the few good photos I’ve made of her as she does not particularly like the camera, and puts her ears down and flowers when I point the iPhone at her. She was so engrossed in her squirrels that she didn’t notice me taking her picture.

fred98tj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2017
Central Luzon, Philippines
View attachment 821876 View attachment 821877

Molly checking on her squirrels first thing in the AM.

The first photo is in Portrait Mode, and I thought it had given her a haircut on her back. However, the second photo, not done in Photo Mode, shows that this is just the way her coat showed up due to the camera angle I was using.

These are among the few good photos I’ve made of her as she does not particularly like the camera, and puts her ears down and flowers when I point the iPhone at her. She was so engrossed in her squirrels that she didn’t notice me taking her picture.

Interesting. Quite a difference in white balance between the two photos. I assume you didn’t edit them.

Reactions: BR4DOKYBrazil

AFgixxer

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2013
What is the most preferred camera? Default, camera plus, procamera? Even a lot of the editing apps have a camera use on it now. I never know what to choose

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
What is the most preferred camera? Default, camera plus, procamera? Even a lot of the editing apps have a camera use on it now. I never know what to choose

I stick to default and then edit the pictures. Default camera is just so well integrated and easy to launch from anywhere.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011

Default camera with Smart HDR just works wonders, I barely use any other apps now that I've had my XS. Smart HDR is the truth and it'll only get better from here.

When I do feel like shooting RAW though I shoot with Halide and it's Smart RAW feature, I feel it produces the best RAW pictures out of all the apps that can shoot RAW. Focos is also great for Portrait Mode as well.

fred98tj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2017
Default camera with Smart HDR just works wonders, I barely use any other apps now that I've had my XS. Smart HDR is the truth and it'll only get better from here.

When I do feel like shooting RAW though I shoot with Halide and it's Smart RAW feature, I feel it produces the best RAW pictures out of all the apps that can shoot RAW. Focos is also great for Portrait Mode as well.

Best raw in what sense ? Raw should be raw should be raw. :)

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Best raw in what sense ? Raw should be raw should be raw. :)

Some apps aren’t aggressive enough in reducing noise while others are too aggressive. Halide hits it spot on and gives the best RAW quality in my opinion.

fred98tj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2017
If you’re saying the the Halide app is showing less noise in its raw files then it is t really providing a “raw” file, but instead a “raw” file that’s been pre-modified before written. That is not something that I would want (as a photograph). The Google Pixel phones do that also, only providing a modified raw, not a “real” raw file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.