OMG..wtf APPLE.. My macbook Pro keeps getting delayed...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 88888888, Jun 21, 2008.

1. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

I ordered my macbook pro BTO... on june 13..and it originally says..
    Ships by:
    Jun 16 - Jun 18

Delivers by:
    Jun 18 - Jun 24

Then a week later.. on June 19th.. it said..
    Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following
    item(s) as follows:

Z0EZ, MBP 15
    Ships by Jun 20 - Jun 24
    Delivers by Jun 24 - Jun 30

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

So I call the Apple on june 19th...I told them I needed the laptop by the 26th... cause I was leaving for China for a month.. the guy said ok. he'll try to do what he can. He then said he changed my shipping to 2-3 day shipping. so it read this:
    Ships by Jun 20 - Jun 23
    Delivers by Jun 24 - Jun 26

I was like.. ok.. hopefully it comes before june 26th...cause my flight is in the morning..

However I check again..today..just now.. it read

Ships by: Jun 23 - Jun 25
    Delivers by: Jun 25 - Jun 30

wtf...? it's even more delayed..than before...even before the 2-3 day shipping added.. wtf is going on..? omg.. i freakin need my mbp.. >< = =
    Should i be complaining...wow.. -.- i'm definitely calling tomorrow morning.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Definitely give them another call, and explain your urgent situation, but don't be overly arrogant. Then they will be happy not to help you.

3. samo1215 macrumors member

Can I ask what specs you requested. I actually just ordered mine and it is expected to arrive no later than July 1. Hopefully this isn't a sign that their supply is running low due to a pending upgrade.

4. 88888888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

its pretty much the same except I got the 200gb 7200rpm hard drive. It was 15inch 2.5 ghz 2gb ram 512mb 8600gt I also added iworks

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Wow my friend must be lucky, he ordered a maxed out 15'' and it came within a week with standard shipping...:eek:

Good luck with contacting Apple again.

6. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

EDIT: now I see, BTO. what on gods green earth made you do that :)

BTOs always take longer. I wouldve ordered that well ahead of when you did. You have to be somewhat understanding, they have to "customize it".

You give them 13 days to customize it, and ship from china (which i know takes about 4-5 days from my MBP). that gives them about 7-8 days to get the part, which they might not have. Any delay, and well, you are where you are now :(

7. 88888888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

Do you know where you are going to be in China, can they ship it to you there? Not ideal, but better then being w/out a computer for a month.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uh, yeah. Montevina release. They're clearing out old stock right now.

10. uamwf macrumors newbie

Update soon?

Hi,
    this is my first post on the Forums and I just joined today. I do have to say that I have been watching macrumors and the forums for a while now searching for news of the next update! Apple saying they are "low on supply" seems to be a good sign to me especially since the new Montevia (did I spell that right?) chipset is coming out soon!!!!

Heres to hoping!:)

11. 88888888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

12. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

Really sorry to hear that... Mabey you could pick it up yourself in China? :p

13. 88888888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

14. uamwf macrumors newbie

yeah...I've been holding out for an update because I want to see whats next but the machine you ordered will be a great machine...if you keep waiting for the next new thing then you will never end up buying a computer! Be happy with the incredible machine that will hopefully be in your mailbox soon!!!

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just out of curiosity, what specs did you order; this is one of the reasons I bought it at the store.

16. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I agree, I only buy at the store so that if something goes wrong I can go get an exchange and get the instant gratification right there and then.

17. 88888888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The only thing i upgraded was the hard drive... to the 7200rpm 200gb one.:confused:

18. aquajet macrumors 68020

It could be worse. You could receive your MBP with missing components and then have to send it in for repair seven times over a year, like I had to do. I guess you'll really see how things pan out after the 30th, right? :)

19. Marc4 macrumors member

I ordered the exact same config over the weekend:

15" MacBook Pro
    2x1GB RAM
    200GB 7200 RPM drive
    Anti-Glare screen
    US keyboard/OS
    AppleCare protection plan
    No other accessories or software

I didn't pick the expedited shipping as I'm not in a hurry.
    After placing the order, this is what it said:

Ships by: Jun 24 - Jun 26
    Delivers by: Jun 26 - Jul 2

I'll keep everyone posted about any delays.

-Marc

20. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Just say you don't want your order shipped and you will go pick it up when you go to China.

But seriously, maybe, just MAYBE a great sign that they are clearing out stock of their old "crap"? :D

21. samo1215 macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. Ordered mine just the other day with the same configuration and it is slated to arrive on or before July 1st. I know everyone is just speculating but from my understanding Intel's new chips aren't even being officially released until July 14th. Would it really be feasible for Apple to have them same day? As I recall didn't Intel update their processors back in January and it took Apple all the way until the end of February to release new machines?

22. 88888888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

...can i do that..? lol whatever.. i'm gonna take a gamble..and hope it'll come before the 26th.:(

23. Marc4 macrumors member

I'm not sure to be honest, but I don't think we'll be seeing the Montevina updates until the end of Q3 (calendar year) at the earliest.
    A friend of mine who works with Apple (they're her client) told me she heard from a knowledgeable source that the MacBook Air will be definitely be udpated in August, but has not heard anything about the MBP yet.

I've been debating waiting for Montevina or getting a Penryn within the last month, but I finally decided the current model will be just fine for me.
    I need a laptop before the end of July so I can take it with me to business school starting August, and need some time to migrate everything from my work PC.

-Marc

24. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

awesome this is really good news for me :D

25. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

If you don't get a live tracking number by the 23rd, cancel your order - it won't be coming. Frankly, I wouldn't take this; I would call up and say either deliver it in a reasonable timeframe or return my money.