Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2008
omg sooo nice :). I'm configuring everything right now haah. I gotta get use to some mac stuff..since this is my first mac. Everything's going smoothly. :)

Marc4

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2008
Marc, did you actually get anything in the way of applecare? Mine was supposedly shipped with my accessories (according to the emailed invoice) but I didn't get anything in the way of cd's or codes in the package...

Well I thought that was weird too, as the status page showed AppleCare as being in "Complete" status whereas the other items were shown as "Shipped".
At the same time, the email notification mentioned that the extra battery, iPod Touch, and AppleCare, were all shipped in the first package - confusingly enough :confused:

So I called the order status number and spoke to a nice lady who mentioned that AppleCare is a confusing item indeed.
The deal is this: if you order it separately (in a different order) than a MacBook Pro (or any other item that supports AppleCare), they ship you a box that contains AppleCare material.
However, when you pick AppleCare as part of the MBP order (which is what I did when I customized my Mac), the MBP is automatically enrolled into AppleCare - so you don't really need any extra material.
However they CAN ship out a bunch of documentation and a CD if you so choose, which she mentioned takes 2-3 weeks.

Hahah yess i just got it!!! :D wooot wooot
:):):D:D:D:apple::apple::apple:

Glad to hear.
All's well that ends well! ;)

-Marc

jadedxsyn

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2008
Glad everything's in order!

I was thinking about ordering my Macbook Pro online but hate to wait! I went to Apple store & walked out 45 minutes later with a smile! :)

Now to get the hang of this thing.. :p

mekondelta

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2008
I ordered my MBP from the online UK Apple Store on the 12th June. It arrived yesterday (25th June). It was initially scheduled for the 5th July and said so on the status screen until the 23rd June.

So 3 weeks became 2 weeks. I customised the MBP by adding a 7200drive and ordered the canon printer with it which might have skewed the delivery dates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.