Order Thread for UK (BST)

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England
It's not all bad for us in the UK. We don't need to get up at a ridiculous time. Pre-orders go live at 0801 BST. We'll have to wait and see if we are able to reserve but I don't think it'll be possible.

I'm getting (hopefully) the 38mm Space Grey in the Black Sport Band.

What are you all getting and what are your plans?

Last edited:

jimcolyer

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2015
It's even better for me, I'm currently in Egypt, so 9am local time.

Just a bit worried that I won't be able to get to the UK website here...

Bobby86

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2015
England
Ever since they were first announced I've wanted the 38mm Sport with the green band. I do a lot of travelling, climbing, etc so a lighter watch is the perfect choice for me. Plus, if it does get badly scratched at least I haven't spent too much money on it.

The only negative - I have to wait until next week to order (my pay day) :mad: Really worried I won't be able to get one on release day!

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
I'm currently on holiday in Costa Rica, so I'm going to have to get up at 1am and hopefully preordering a 38mm Space Grey with the Black Sport Band.

dylman

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
42mm stainless steel with black sport band. I need to leave for work by 8:15 at the latest so I hope it goes smoothly, or I won't have a very productive morning.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England
Ever since they were first announced I've wanted the 38mm Sport with the green band. I do a lot of travelling, climbing, etc so a lighter watch is the perfect choice for me. Plus, if it does get badly scratched at least I haven't spent too much money on it.

The only negative - I have to wait until next week to order (my pay day) :mad: Really worried I won't be able to get one on release day!
Yeah, a sport band sounds good considering what you do. Ouch. Yeah. I have a feeling you'll have to wait a while longer if you can't pre-order tomorrow.

whi5tler

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
Apple Watch

Hoping to get a steal one with Milanese strap and a sport in pink for my girlfriend.

joealanjones

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
I'm still stuck between SS Links and SS Milanese :( Someone make my mind up for me?

And if the SS Links is on back order I don't know whether to just default to Milanese or to go SS Black Sport Band and pick up the Links later on.

I've never obsessed over a decision more than this.

NumBerS912

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
Cheltenham, UK
Spent all week taking watches in and out of my favs and still not sure but either 42mm sport with blue or white strap or 42 SS with with black sport strap

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England
I'm still stuck between SS Links and SS Milanese :( Someone make my mind up for me?

And if the SS Links is on back order I don't know whether to just default to Milanese or to go SS Black Sport Band and pick up the Links later on.

I've never obsessed over a decision more than this.
Hm. Touch decision. Dare I say it? If you really can't make your mind up, toss a coin!!!!

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK

It won't charge you until shipping anyways and it will probably ship around your pay day so you might be down £xxx if you miss it by a day or so but I would ore-order now tbh mate

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 29, 2012
England
It won't charge you until shipping anyways and it will probably ship around your pay day so you might be down £xxx if you miss it by a day or so but I would ore-order now tbh mate
That's true. Money isn't taken straight away, only when it's shipped.

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
It's not all bad for us in the UK. We don't need to get up at a ridiculous time. Pre-orders go live at 0801 GMT. We'll have to wait and see if we are able to reserve but I don't think it'll be possible.

I'm in.

Black 42" Sport with black band.

cambookpro

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hopefully will get up at 7:30, make myself a coffee, and preorder a 42mm white Sport for April 24th delivery.

(As if it's going to be that easy...)

nwlondonlad

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Still undecided between sport black band or as with black band.

I'm thinking I'll pre order both on separate orders, visit an Apple Store try them both on and cancel one of the orders.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
I've just noticed this thread mentions GMT, are we not on BST now? It starts at 8:01am BST right?

Just want to be sure, as I've been out of the country for a while now.

danlages65

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2015
I am looking to buy the Space Grey Sport 42 mm but I would be happy with the Silver Sport and white band.

I hope the pre order is smooth.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
It's not all bad for us in the UK. We don't need to get up at a ridiculous time. Pre-orders go live at 0801 GMT. We'll have to wait and see if we are able to reserve but I don't think it'll be possible.

I think it's BST now