Ordered an iPhone 7 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Docle888, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Docle888 macrumors member

So I finally ordered an iPhone 7 plus and spent all my money. I'm excited but really nervous, any tips/advice? This is my first time having a phone this big.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I got mine On Friday, so I'm about a week into it. Took me about a day to get used to the size. So far I'm enjoying it. I wanted that camera so bad - and I haven't had the opportunity to really use it yet.

3. Docle888 thread starter macrumors member

I would say I have below average sized hands, do you think I'll get used to it within 2 weeks? That's how long Verizon's return policy lasts.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I have small hands, so I'd say yes.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

You will adjust rather quickly to the sheer size of it. It's a great iPhone. The stereo speakers, 1080 P screen, dual camera and speed are my favorite features. If you have any questions, there are a lot of threads on here to find answers with feedback.

6. Docle888 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you :)

7. potentmf macrumors regular

potentmf

I have small hands as well but I've been rocking big phones for the past five years. Best thing you should do is get a case or skin with some texture, that will make it less likely to slip out of your hands. I usually carry my phone in my purse so I get those cheap rubber (TPU) cases for grip and that's all I need.

8. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I got my 7+ last week on I think Wednesday. It's been pretty easy to get used to and it's not much heavier than my 6s. It also feels comfortable to hold and I've got small hands.

9. Docle888 thread starter macrumors member

I'm thinking of getting an apple silicone case.

10. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

The silicone case is nice for the most part, but it is a lint magnet.

11. zohaali146 macrumors regular

Wow, just wanna say best of luck and congratulations dude.

12. Ken Johnson Suspended

Ken Johnson

Let us know the update when the phone arrives. Im interested about 3D TOUCH feature.

13. ventuss macrumors 6502

I got the 7 plus, tried to get used to it for a few months, but ended up giving it to my mother and ordering the 7.

I can't deny it's very nice to have the bigger screen, but I never got used to carrying the 7 plus around. feels weird in the pocket, it's hard to use with one hand and it doesn't replaced my iPad in any way. So I rather have a 4.7" iphone in my right pocket for easy access, and the iPad in the backpack when going to college.

I don t need the dual Camera, and 2gb of RAM is enough considering my last phone was a 5s. Still.. most people I know love the plus and find me crazy for replacing it for a normal 7, but well.. 7 has very good size.

14. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

The Plus size is a bit unwieldy but it's mainly due to the lack of grip. If you buy a nice thin grippy case, it'll be fine.