Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Platskies

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2012
NSW, Australia
The font size of the Help menu items are now the same as the items in other menus. I believe it wasn't like this in 10.10.1.

NJXsHMu.png

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
I think the new iTunes widget is utterly pointless. I mean, there are volume and playback control buttons right there on my keyboard.

I think this is one of those changes that's not going to make sense until Apple unveils a new product.

We'll see.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
They have updated the update text on 10.10.3. It's much more subtle now:

update.png

No lyrics displayed, no album artworks displayed... :(

Just bland...

I think the new iTunes widget is utterly pointless. I mean, there are volume and playback control buttons right there on my keyboard.

It's likely they did that to save space. Many of their stock widgets don't take up too much vertical space. If you do want the album artwork and lyrics, I surreptitiously point you to the first link in my signature :D

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
It's likely they did that to save space. Many of their stock widgets don't take up too much vertical space. If you do want the album artwork and lyrics, I surreptitiously point you to the first link in my signature :D

Interesting... Thanks... :D

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Double tap, not double click. Alternatively, right-click and select "Show all windows" (the third option from the bottom).

Damn, you guys just made me happy. I thought this convenient ‘Dock Exposé’ (click and hold a Dock icon) was gone. Instead, it’s triggered with a double tap and it even works with the Magic Mouse. Now I don’t have to use HyperDock anymore. :)

luke lau

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2015
Belfast
Hope this hasn't been mentioned before, but I found something and don't know what it is.

This little cog appears when I change the desktop background, and then hides behind the battery indicator when it's done changing.

Also, anyone post a screen shot of the new "extensions" section in System Preferences? Probably, but if not I can do it.

That icon used to come up when I ran automator or applescript services, and if I recall correctly changing your desktop background appears in the services menu, or at least is listed as a service in system preferences

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
another thing.
i looked at the Notification Center "today" part.
it is not working at all.

examples:
- the weather widget does not display any place, just a "+" Add icon which is not responsive (even if i click the "i" first)
- the clock widget is stuck on cupertino. i cannot eliminate it, nor add anywhere else
- the calculator works if i type the number on the keyboard, but not if i click them with the mouse
- the stocks ticker does not allow to change the stock options
- etc.

basically, a complete dud.
i have 10.10.2, with all updates.
i have tried restarting a couple of times but no luck.
anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
You can only access Software Update now via the "About this Mac" or opening up the App Store app. Much better than just selecting "Software Update" from the Apple menu. :rolleyes: like in previous versions..

And Apple made this change why ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 5.48.37 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 5.48.37 pm.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,615

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
You can only access Software Update now via the "About this Mac" or opening up the App Store app. Much better than just selecting "Software Update" from the Apple menu. :rolleyes: like in previous versions..

And Apple made this change why ?

Why not? Opening the App Store prompts the search for updates anyway. If there are updates, they are shown in the Apple menu too (see above). This is one of those changes that I welcome, because now the App Store is the only front from which users receive updates; no longer this separate application that we had until Mountain Lion.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Clicking the App Store icon in the dock > Updates toolbar button takes just as many clicks as Apple Menu > Updates before anyway.

antmarobel

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2009
Brasília
Few years ago a read somewhere that Windows become tired with the time, virtually impossible to use and that's because it was in Windows ''nature''. Well, let me tell you one thing about what I've facing on Yosemite...No, no! I will do better! I'm gonna show you what I am facing with this piece of sh...t called Safari - and all Yosemite for that matter! Just take a look on this video I recorded yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6PkwIo49zI

floyd59

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2015
Ware MA
One mac has black screen on boot one doesn't.

I installed Yosemite on my 2012 Mac Mini server first. Other than having a progress bar instead of a rotating gear, no difference in the boot screen.
But when I installed Yosemite on my 2013 MacBook Pro with retina display, I got a black screen, white apple and progress bar. I read that resetting the NVRAM would return the boot screen to it's normal appearance, but it didn't. Neither did repairing permissions.
Both Macs have the same hardware except for their graphic cards. Could this be the reason for the MacBook Pro having a different boot screen?

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I installed Yosemite on my 2012 Mac Mini server first. Other than having a progress bar instead of a rotating gear, no difference in the boot screen.
But when I installed Yosemite on my 2013 MacBook Pro with retina display, I got a black screen, white apple and progress bar. I read that resetting the NVRAM would return the boot screen to it's normal appearance, but it didn't. Neither did repairing permissions.
Both Macs have the same hardware except for their graphic cards. Could this be the reason for the MacBook Pro having a different boot screen?

The difference is, that apple decided to give the rMBP, which is newer, the black boot screen, and the mac mini, a slightly older machine, the grey one. Nothing wrong with either one, it's exactly how apple intended it to be.

PS: This shouldn't even be in this thread, as it isn't a "little thing."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.