OS X 10.4.2 Released

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Now available via Software Update:
The 10.4.2 Update delivers overall improved reliability and compatibility for Mac OS X v10.4 and is recommended for all users. It includes fixes for:

file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
single sign-on authentication and reliable access to Active Directory servers
autologin for managed user accounts
AirPort and wireless access
Core Graphics, Core Audio, Core Image, including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
Finder updates including finding on Kind and using Slideshow
synchronizing your iDisk with .Mac
installation reliability
managing Dashboard widgets
Address Book, Automator, iCal, iChat, Mail, Safari, and Stickies applications
compatibility with third party applications and devices
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n301722

For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798

techgeek

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2004
UK
Downloading now

I normally wait for a day or so before taking a new OS version but........what the hell I feel like living dangerously :eek:

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
Just installed, now I have to start my uptime all over again due to the two updates released today. I hope I can beat my record :rolleyes:

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
21 MB download size, thought it was going to be larger - as long as it fixes lots of bugs..

kasei

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
In the process of downloading it right now. I hope it fixes the funny static lines on my display I normally see when I play a DVD and reduce the size so I can work on papers at the same time. I have a feeling it might be the graphic card, but we shall see.

dombi

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2003
Things seem to be running OK on my old PowerBook G4 800... but I did not have many issues before this update anyway.

Hopefully this will solve many problems that people have been experiencing.

nomore

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2005
I've got 3 computers to update. Powerbook. PowerMac G5 and an iMac G5 at work.

I haven't had any problems with 10.4.1, so I hope this update doesn't introduce any.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Safari scrolling using a scroll mouse is faster! Nice.

The new widget manager is cool, although you can't delete the Apple supplied widgets.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Warning

If you've disabled the Apple Phone Book or Stocks widget (or probably any other Apple widget) turn them back on before you install this update otherwise you'll have to go digging around in the Package Contents to recreate the widget!

And the iPhoto colorsync 'enhancing' bug is still there :mad:

nsjoker

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2005
Miami, Fl
there was a 3rd party widget manager prior to the apple one =/
it worked pretty well, apple's is strikingly similar

j-a-x

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
Didn't fix the bug where you move the cursor over the column in a finder window in "list" view and it doesn't turn into the resize cursor when you're in position to resize a column!

I hope it at least fixes the iPhoto and finder crashing bugs!

Didn't read anything about iPhoto in the info though...

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Applespider said:
Warning

If you've disabled the Apple Phone Book or Stocks widget (or probably any other Apple widget) turn them back on before you install this update otherwise you'll have to go digging around in the Package Contents to recreate the widget!

And the iPhoto colorsync 'enhancing' bug is still there :mad:
By disabled, do you mean not having them on the Dashboard screen? And turning them on, you mean putting them on the Dashboard screen?

drison

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2005
Chicago
TransparentDock app

TransparentDock appears to no longer work. My dock is no longer transparent and the app pops up a dialog indicating that it may not work. The Apply Changes button is greyed out. I've upgraded 4 machines and the same thing. :(

-Dave