OS X 10.7.3 Build 11D42 Seeded to Developers [Update: Release Description]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following in the footsteps of yesterday's release of iOS 5.1 Beta 3, Apple today seeded a new version of OS X 10.7.3 to registered Mac developers. The new version, termed Build 11D42, comes three weeks after the previous build, but the development team's work was undoubtedly slowed due to the holidays.

According to those familiar with the update, Apple is asking developers to focus their testing on the following areas: Address Book, iCal, Mail, Spotlight, and Safari. The delta version of the new build for updating from OS X 10.7.2 weighs in at 989.75 MB, while a combo version good for updating from any previous version of OS X Lion weighs in at 1.26 GB.

OS X 10.7.3 will be Apple's next free maintenance update for OS X Lion users. The current version, OS X 10.7.2, was released in mid-October and brought support for Apple's new iCloud services. OS X 10.7.3 developer builds have so far released a few hints of Apple's work, including drivers for new graphics cards that could appear in an updated Mac Pro and active efforts on HiDPI display modes that could come to fruition in a "Retina" MacBook Pro rumored for release early this year.

Update: We're hearing that the new Build 11D42 is likely to be either the golden master version of OS X 10.7.3 that will be released to the public or very close to it. Consequently, a public release could come in the relatively near future.

Update 2: Build 11D42 contains what is likely to be the final release description for OS X 10.7.3:
The 10.7.3 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:

- Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
- Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
- Resolve issues authenticating with directory services
- Address compatibility issues with Windows file sharing
Article Link: OS X 10.7.3 Build 11D42 Seeded to Developers [Update: Release Description]

Torrijos

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
Wish Apple would push forward OpenGL...

At least be at the latest revision of the standard.

Fuchal

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2003
I hope this fixes a lot of the glitches we experience using Exchange in iCal.

TheJing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2011
Somewhere in Europe
Wouldn't hurt if it fixed instant on.
Maybe make the Air not get up to 100C when waking up from deep sleep for no reason.

And most importantly, I hope it makes it possible to have 2 apps in fullscreen at the same time, 3 would be awesome.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I know it's of little importance to Apple, but I wish they'd optimise the graphics drivers for the ATI Radeon HD 2400 series on my 2009 iMac. Snow Leopard's animations are always smooth, but on Lion they can stutter from time to time ... my ONLY complaint with Lion.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I only ask for applications that get hidden to be put to the end of the application switcher (CMD+TAB).

Apart from that, I'm quite happy with Lion. Well, the login window could do with being a bit less laggy, but I can live with it.

refurbished

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2011
Wouldn't hurt if it fixed instant on.
Maybe make the Air not get up to 100C when waking up from deep sleep for no reason.

And most importantly, I hope it makes it possible to have 2 apps in fullscreen at the same time, 3 would be awesome.
Yea. I hope they fix the fullscreen thing. If it's a "feature" it's one of the worst. Other than that I love Lion.

MacDownunder

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Please do 10.6.9 for iCloud

I'm sure I'm not only one, but please do a 10.6.9 so those of us who are remaining on SL for some time due to software requirements, can you please give us integration with iCloud. I like Lion but of the 5 Macs currently in my house 2 of them are still on SL where as the other 3 are Lion based, so it's not I don't want to or dont like lion it's just Rosetta based apps I have I still need.

Virtuallizing 10.6 via fusion is Ok I have it running now for testing just incase I run out of time with the mobileme to icloud transition hoping for 10.6.9

star-affinity

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
Sigh…

I had hoped for it to come out this week. Oh, well – hope it will be good once released.

jpmohr

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
I'm still waiting for Auto-Save/Versions to be made optional. I want it off and want to keep "Save As". I'm not upgrading to Lion yet...

Mr. Wonderful

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2009
Wish Apple would push forward OpenGL...

At least be at the latest revision of the standard.
I know what you mean. They slowly are, though.

Edit:

Also, only SIX builds in the last three weeks.

Ugh. I hope it was close to finished in December. :/

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
AirPlay the Mac to the AppleTV would be great. It would be nice to get rid of the 15ft HDMI cable and MiniDisplay Port adapter.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I don't even know what this means. How can 2 apps both take up a full screen at the same time? They would be "half" screen apps at best :)

I am missing something.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
I hope it fixes the complete mess that Mission Control has become.

What the hell was Apple thinking of getting rid of Expose?? Grouping windows sucks if you multitask.

bernie-uk

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2012
Apple needs to re-instate the old Exposé.

If you are working on virtual desktops, you want to see what windows are on a given desktop regardless of application. If they add that feature back in I'll upgrade my Snow Leopard iMac.

Be nice to see iMessenger and AirPlay integrated with the Mac.

the8thark

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2011
I'm still waiting for Auto-Save/Versions to be made optional. I want it off and want to keep "Save As". I'm not upgrading to Lion yet...
Save a version and duplicate to the exact same things as save and save as. Get over yourself. Accept the name change and move on. Or get left behind.

ghostface147

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
Yeah either this build or the next one is GM. How do I know? Glad you didn't ask but pretending you did anyways. The install has a link to the support article and what they've fixed.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
Please I hope they fix vnc aspect of it.

1. People with 2 monitors must have the main monitor listed as the left monitor or your clicks will be all screwed up. It always assumes its on the left.

2. Fix the wake on lan feature. Unless I'm on my network this will not work.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
Save a version and duplicate to the exact same things as save and save as. Get over yourself. Accept the name change and move on. Or get left behind.
Your solution sounds like a royal pain the in ass for something that could easily get an on/off switch in system preferences.

Get over yourself.