Otterbox Defender iPhone 4 Case Released

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by matthewou, Jul 20, 2010.

1. matthewou macrumors newbie

2. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4 now available

Just a heads up that the Defender for the 4 is now available on Otterbox's site!

3. GameraFan macrumors regular

Not sure I'm liking the new holster design...

4. noneother macrumors member

i like the commuter too.. but wished they just close the hole over the apple logo,, is at least Shielded? pictures make it look like it's open

5. Alicia4065 macrumors regular

Just ordered one and used a coupon code to get free shipping.

6. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Just ordered mine. Reminded me of when I tried to order my 4, kept on getting errors. Must be a lot of people ordering right now. Happy that I got mine processed.

7. GameraFan macrumors regular

The Defender for the 2g had a clear membrane over the camera and Apple logo opening.

8. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

9. DemonBob macrumors member

10. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

I guess the you have to give up the beauty of the iphone 4 for protection.

11. pdhahn macrumors member

It looks like an absolute beast. I think I'm going to hold off until I get the chance to see one in person before dropping $50 on it.

12. GameraFan macrumors regular

Silicone plug covers the silent switch.

I think the other thing on the side is a connector for the holster.

13. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Ok, cool, cheers my friend.

Looks like it offers much more protection than most. Shame to put one on my white ip4 though.

14. Phokus macrumors regular

Considering that the iphone 4 scratches and breaks so easily, you NEED an otterbox just to use this phone.

15. skyking517 macrumors regular

Like the other poster stated the switch is covered with a rubber flap. The middle part is the connector for the case, and the prox sensor is in the same spot on the black phone, just not as visible as it is on the white. Hope this helps:)

16. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Beast!!!

I was on the mailing list and I am seriously considering purchasing the defender series from all the cracked screens I've seen. I really don't know if I want something that big though. I think I'll hold off until I see a few reviews on it. I might wind up waiting for the commuter series and see what a difference it is compared to the defender...just so bulky, but does look nice!

17. fender57 macrumors 6502

Gonna hold out to see if they offer one in white. Otherwise, I do want one of these for "rugged" situations.

18. skyking517 macrumors regular

What worries me about this case is the the flash. With the cases I have been using there is a reflection off the case that causes a white haze when used. Once the case comes off, the flash works fine. I just hope they tested that!!

19. dstrbdmedic167 macrumors newbie

im a recent bb convert to the ip4. As i have had all of my bb's in a otterbox. I feel this box will have the same problems i had with my s2 otterbox case. It looks as though it barely sits in the holdster. This is a problem my s2 had, just barely bump it and it will fall right out. Do post and let us know if it feels solid in the holdster when you receive it.

20. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Looking at the specs it is a bit smaller than the current 3gs defender. Granted it is a larger case I found it to be quite manageable. In my line of work I need a durable case and the defender 3gs served me well as will the defender 4. I have been surprised by the amount of people I encounter that use the case. The quality is #1 in my opinion.

21. applefan022 macrumors 6502

22. skyking517 macrumors regular

I had the same problem with my 3GS, but otter eventually updated the clip which was much better and harder to get the phone out. I hope they learned, and released it that way for this one.

23. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yeah this case looks great. Wish it were a little cheaper though.

24. xenuprime macrumors 6502

How does the membrane work? Does it stick to the screen like a screen protector, or sit just above it? I can't see how you would not get bubbles or other distortions with that type of protector.

25. FortMOney macrumors member

I ordered at about 10:20 central and had no problems. Very smooth and very unlike June 15