Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steel magnolia

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
South Florida/ N.C.
Just placed an order for the Defender model, I have a grandchild that uses my iPad and need the protection. Been waiting for this, even paid extra for shipping just to get it here asap!
It may add some bulk but just to have the piece of mind is worth it to me, will let you guys know what I think when it arrives first of next week!:)

Patty

cobaltrich27

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
D/FW TX
Dont Forget $4 Off Your Order Expires At Midnight Tonight!!!

Free shipping on all orders, but the cases are $89.99 and $64.99 !

WOOHOO Yes got the email this morning & placed my order for the defender.

I went with free shipping and dont forget to enter PROMO CODE: july04

Here is the link to promo info expires at midnight tonight so HURRY :eek:

http://www.otterbox.com/newsletter-july-2010

For those that missed the promo on this order dont miss out when the iPhone 4 cases come out.

http://www.otterbox.com/newsletter-signup/

CHEERS :D

J71

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2008
Norman
Great! I really like the Otterbox Commuter case for my iPhone so I am definitely interested in the Defender case for the iPad. I'll check out the early reviews before plucking down $90 for this case though!

eye

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2009
Detroit
I'm getting the defender. I put an otter box on my first gen iPhone a few years back and it's been through falls, dog attacks, being pounded in my pocket while I work out, and the abuse of a two year old and doesn't have a scratch on it. They make good products that will make your purchase last.

cobaltrich27

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
D/FW TX
Yes!!!

Got my tracking number. Looks like it will be here on Monday!

DooD when I ordered earlier today said would be 7-10 days before it ships so I just figured it will get here in couple weeks but saw your post so I went back to the order email for a 2nd look.

Mine has also shipped currently in JOHNSTOWN, CO 6:55pm HEHE via Fedex tracking info will be here on Tues the 13th and I selected free shipping awesome :D

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
Between their sloppy customer service, and how long it took them to get it out, I already went with a combination of Belkin Grip Vue + Marware Eco Vue...and that combo was cheaper...sigh. $90, really Otter?

cobaltrich27

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
D/FW TX
I kinda understand.

Between their sloppy customer service, and how long it took them to get it out, I already went with a combination of Belkin Grip Vue + Marware Eco Vue...and that combo was cheaper...sigh. $90, really Otter?

Well I admit when I emailed the company about the available status for the otterbox iPad case I got a reply from Alex June 17th saying he had no idea when the item would be available. Keep in mind I bought my iPad on the first launch day so all ready been waiting for a while as it is.

I also asked if there would be any kind of discount he could give me for holding off and waiting to buy from them and he simply told me no discounts.

Kinda felt like a dead end road with not much courtesy in the reply.

Anyways I recently got my first newsletter with the $4 off promo code he could have mentioned the fact they do have promo's via newsletter I figured it out on my own.

So I do see the need for growth in the promotional dept of this company. I did finally respond to his June email today after I placed an order for the iPad Defender that included a $4 discount he told me I would never get :p:p:p

I have never ordered from them only seen the cases my friends have. I dont like to waste money on accessories my 2 3G's, 2 iPod Touches all have generic cases I didnt discover otter till after those case purchases.

Anyways after I bought my iPad I decided I would wait for Otter to try it out. I also have 2 new iPhone 4G's bought some cheap cases on Ebay for $5 till Otter gets them out.

Bottom line most people I know that have them tell some pretty good stories of this brand saving them from a broken device so thats what sold me and hoping this small investment in protection is all I will ever need to buy for it.

What info do you have to share that made you feel this way incase there is something we all should know?

Thanks

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
Just order the ipad defender and now waiting for them to release the iphone 4 defender. I so used the link that Mr. Biggles posted to get 10% off which still works by the way. :D

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
The Defender looks like a great case but the frame border around the screen looks like it is too wide and actually encroaches into the usable screen area. I'd like to know if this is the case or not.

Joe

Ctrix65513

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
I'd rather go without a case and purchase the Square Trade protection.

I agree... I was waiting for this case or the Drawcase (which has been plagued by numerous delays) but at this point and price Im thinking the Square Trade protection is the way to go.

tmarks11

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
I let my 4yo and 8yo use my iPad, and was waiting for the defender case to come out so I could relax a little.

But I just looked at the dimensions; the defender case is 0.94 inches thick. No way am I going to do that to my iPad. Even their commuter case is listed as 0.79 inches thick. A bit much, IMHO. I guess the TPU case that I have (hard candy) will have to be enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.