Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
I even called their customer service and they didn't even know the specs of the case either.

That is crazy their own CS doesn't know the specs. This is honestly the first time I have seen a case listed and being sold with no specs being released. I am curious how it compares to life proof and incipio atlas. Can't wait to see your comparisons to the life proof nuud.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Can someone post some close up pics of this case? All I've seen is a an otterbox armor with a home button cutout that looks brutal....

laurenashley

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Bloomington, IN
The home button area on the 5s seems like it would get annoying real quick if I tried to put up control center right where that extra plastic or whatever it is...but maybe it's thin enough not to affect the touch screen. Guess I gotta wait to find out!

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Review below; let me know if anyone has any questions.

Packaging:

raqehavu.jpg
ady4ezy4.jpg

Case:

3a6a4u2a.jpg
5y5y2e7u.jpg
qe2egu7y.jpg
2usy9y4e.jpg

LifeProof vs. Otterbox: the Otterbox case is defiantly bigger than the LifeProof and funny enough IMO I feel like I made the right purchase by picking to the LifeProof over the Otterbox due to quality. While the inside of the Otterbox case seems more cushioned (provides better protection to the phone) the exterior is pretty cheap looking and feeling (feels like the polycarbonate backing on an iPhone commuter case all over). The ports and are a pain to get at and I can see issues over time possibly with the rubber cracking (especially in cold weather).

** I CAN ALSO CONFIRM THIS CASE DOES NOT FIT LIFEPROOF HOLSTERS. **

4ajeruqy.jpg
sagehyvy.jpg

e7u2e7e2.jpg

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Update on review:

The case passed the water test! I have the phone installed in the case now and I can say that the case with the phone inside feels nice I'm the hands (going a little bipolar [no offense] now).

I feel like dropping either cause would definitely damage the case but I feel feel that the Otterbox case would do a better job at protecting the phone.

The Likes:

• Case feels good in the hands. And feels like be phone would be very protected.

• Command center is easily accessed unlike the LifeProof Nüüd case.

• Volume buttons and sleep/wake button have more tactical feedback than the LifeProof Nüüd case.

• Sound quality from the speaker phone sounds much better than on the LifeProof Nüüd case.

• Plastic screen protector sits flush on the screen unlike the LifeProof fré.

The DISLIKES:

• WOW the ringer/vibrate/silent switch sucks! I can't even put into words how much effort it takes just to put the ringer on or out the phone on vibrate.

• Hearing people talking to you on the phone through the ear piece much is HORRIBLY Muffled!

• It take a lot more effort also to push down the home button on the Otterbox case compared to the lifeproof. That being said I don't feel like I could easily pop the plastic over the home button out like I feel like will eventually happen on the Lifeproof Nüüd. Still the button is harder to push in.

• Also not a big fan of the screen protector. Whole it's a plus that it sits completely flush it feels like cheap quality plastic and I can hear my fingers hitting it each time (something that may only annoy me but that's my opinion).

Overall if Otterbox pairs the pluses of the LifeProof case with this negatives of this case they would have an AMAZING product. But for me I'll be returning this case and holding onto my Lifeproof Nüüd.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Thank you sir. Think I'll also stick with my nuud. Also a pro for the nuud is having all the different holsters etc. I got the belt clip, bike bar holder and windshield holster too.

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Thank you sir. Think I'll also stick with my nuud. Also a pro for the nuud is having all the different holsters etc. I got the belt clip, bike bar holder and windshield holster too.

You are very welcome and just like you for me the mounting solutions are very important and I like that LifeProof offers all those options where Otterbox is far behind in that. Never understood why the never released more holsters for cases.

magilla

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2013
never been a fan of these bulky ugly cases but some people need that kind of protection lol

Why "lol"? Some people (me included) want to take their communications devices with them into fairly remote areas (usually for emergencies) that, although remote, still have cell service. I take mine fly fishing into fairly uneven territories where you COULD get into personal trouble and having a cel phone for security would be almost mandatory. I take it to be able to contact someone if I get into trouble, not to play Angry Birds while waiting for a nibble.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.