painting those ugly antenna lines

mikeydooodie

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2008
you think this is possible? I'm sure you can get like a paint marker from an art store to match the color tape off the lines and lightly paint them to make them less noticeable. crazy or no?

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
you think this is possible? I'm sure you can get like a paint marker from an art store to match the color tape off the lines and lightly paint them to make them less noticeable. crazy or no?

Paint the $800 phone? Sounds like a great idea, have at it.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
while it is not recommended.. it is in ur discretion and it is your phone. I know about those figure artists who can paint them with precision and they do a fine job... they can probably pull off a precision paint job that would look good. what color are you thinking? off gold color? i would recommend to do a black and gold conversion.. paint the antenna black and change the screen/touchid to black. that would be sexy.

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
This is a terrible idea. You will ruin your phone or at the very least end up scrubbing with non-acetone nail polish remover. It will not turn out like you are hoping, it will be uneven and will wear quickly and unevenly. Just say no.

The antenna lines look cool. Learn to love the antenna lines, or rue the day you tried to paint them.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011

DO IT and post pics so we can laugh!

mtneer

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2012
If you have the skills and are confident of pulling off a good job - do it. It's your phone and you can deal with it as you please.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I agree making them color-coded look better as they do on Silver and Space Gray.

In fact, one of the leaked gold models has color-coded antenna lines (and gold camera ring) and I assume it's a prototype.

AverageBob

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
I think most people will be forced to use a case because of the camera so the lines aren't that big of a deal.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Come on, get real. Buy a damn Samsung if you don't like the iPhone design.
Speak for yourself. I want to see him paint his phone. :D

----------

I agree making them color-coded look better as they do on Silver and Space Gray.

In fact, one of the leaked gold models has color-coded antenna lines (and gold camera ring) and I assume it's a prototype.

Thats hideous. The white bands look way better with the gold iphone imo.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
This is a terrible idea. You will ruin your phone or at the very least end up scrubbing with non-acetone nail polish remover. It will not turn out like you are hoping, it will be uneven and will wear quickly and unevenly. Just say no.

The antenna lines look cool. Learn to love the antenna lines, or rue the day you tried to paint them.
I am waiting for the poster who paints his iPhone and comes here wanting people to help him fix it and blaming Apple because its somehow their fault.

----------

while it is not recommended.. it is in ur discretion and it is your phone. I know about those figure artists who can paint them with precision and they do a fine job... they can probably pull off a precision paint job that would look good. what color are you thinking? off gold color? i would recommend to do a black and gold conversion.. paint the antenna black and change the screen/touchid to black. that would be sexy.
I dont know why they didnt do gold and black this time out. That wouldve been almost as good as white and gold.

mikeydooodie

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2008
the lines aren't that bothersome but that initial mockup that was posted earlier in this thread is what got me with the gold color lines