Pandora bracelets and charms?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by npolly0212, Nov 21, 2015.

1. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

anybody buy these or buying as a gift for anyone?
    My girlfriend is asking for a few so was just gonna start a thread to talk about them if anyone else has them.

Best place to purchase? Any discounts or promos being run?

2. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I want to say they cost the same no matter where you go. There are Pandora stores in malls/shopping centers. Sometimes there's benefits from buying Jewelry directly from the designer's store. I know they also sell it at Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, etc.

My girlfriend has some stuff from there, as does my sister. I really don't know much about it other than that. I'd suggest shopping around online to compare pricing.

3. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

I heard there's a sale called Boxing Day.
    Then March of next year they have a sale. Be sure to sign up on the Pandora website so that you can get emails about any up coming sales.

4. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

That's kinda what I assumed (never purchased jewelry before in my life) so figured I'd ask before buying one and then being fake and whatnot

Appreciate it. Will have to look into there site than!

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I hate them, because they seem inexpensive, but it's easy to sink $1000+ into them (a single bracelet), and then your significant other decides these are the best gifts for every female they know, lol. I used to like hardware stores until we discovered one with a Pandora boutique in it. I kept wondering why Ace was sending me cash reward cards every month...duh. :p

6. Big Stevie, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

My wife has a Pandora bracelet and to be honest buying her a charm is a good way of solving the problem of what to buy her for Christmas/birthdays etc. This year I'm getting her a dog charm as we lost our pet dog this year. I also take my 9yr old son to the Pandora store for him to choose a charm for his mum.

If charms are purchased with a bit of thought then the whole bracelet can be quite a sentimental piece of jewellery. A few years ago I got our sons fingerprint impressed into a silver heart and had it attached to a charm fixing for the wifes bracelet.

7. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hahaha. She has 1 full one and one with a few charms on it!

Yes, she just has a few I see that I'd like to get her and also wants a ring that they had at Pandora that I am getting for her. So was looking to see if anyone knew of any deals or specials

8. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I'm buying my wife a Pandora ring for Xmas and she has several of their bracelets already. A family member is a director for a well known jewellery chain so I get a 40% discount. You can't really go wrong with Pandora. :)

9. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah nice
    I bought her a ring and a charm. Than also bought another charm for the free bracelet thingy as a gift for my niece

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I bought my wife this, but I probably paid a premium since I bought them at the pandora store. I saw a nice charm in another jewelry store yesterday, but they wanted 75 dollars which I thought was over priced so I passed on from buying this.

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I went into a Pandora store at the airport on Friday. The bracelets are horrendously overpriced, but I fell in love with one of their rings. Saved my husband from giving me another Amazon gift certificate for Hanamas.

12. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I bought my wife one about 5 years ago...it is finally almost filled. I think it is a great gift and it made it easy to pick out charms for certain occasions (holidays, anniversary, birth of our son and daughter,etc). We got some charms in Japan that are exclusive to Japan only. The price of charms don't vary by location but there are sometimes charms that are exclusive to a store or country.

13. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

I appreciate the comments
    Picked up a ring and charm for the for fries and a charm and free bracelet for my niece

14. Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Imagine if men wore these pandora bracelets, we'd have charms of garden sheds, cars, guitars, PS4's etc :)

15. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha yep, mine would be all sports

16. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

You say that like women don't like sports! I have a lot of Saints logo jewelry. It happens.

17. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Lol oh no. I'm saying that's all I really care for

18. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

Those are expensive, I do have those but for special occasions only. I usually go to Guess and get a bunch of bracelets like for $9 each, they do the job just fine.

19. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha well she already has the bracelets themselves
    So I figured a charm for Christmas and special occasions would do fine

20. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

The bracelets are a little overpriced, but at least they're not David Yurman where you spend $700 on a something that is just sterling silver. I'm glad that trend is over with. :rolleyes:

21. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

No expensive to look girly.

Attached Files:

22. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Eh she would only wear 1 bracelet at a time haha. She's very picky about everything

23. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

You can check out this website. http://www.pandoramoa.com/

24. determined09, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015

determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Some cable bracelets from David Yurman come with some gold, mostly sterling silver and two stones.
    http://www.davidyurman.com/products/women/bracelets/cable-classic-bracelet-with-gold-5mm-b12381-s4.html?lpos=IS-1&item=b12381 s4abt&source=search

This one is $625. David Yurman isn't a very a honest company, you have to keep your eyes on them that's according to my former co worker. I always buy your jewelry in person.

25. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Yes, they also have gold, rose gold, white gold, etc... Depending on how much you want to spend ($10k+). You can get a knock off brand with 925 Sterling Silver and better quality 18k gold for $200-300. You're paying 2-3x more for the name.

What do you mean they're not an honest company? Unless you buy from a reputable store or directly from the company, you have a chance of getting fake stuff. I'd agree unless you've seen it in person and trust the buyer never to arbitrarily buy expensive Jewelry.