Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'm on the 7 Plus now. If no official JB in the next week or two, then I'll trade in my phone for the S8+
Our final payments for our jailbroken iPhones will occur sometime in February I think. More than enough time to determine how we will proceed at that point since the new iPhone should either be out or close to it at that time.

But should Apple offer yet ANOTHER iPhone I don't care for I have lately started to look around. I like the looks of the S8+ and I was gravitating towards it but there is another phone I like better. That's the Huawei P10 Plus.

Unfortunately, not sold in the US at this time but I figure I can get it unlocked off eBay or so. About $1000 for the 128GB version with an SD slot for additional storage cards.

But the kicker of it for me is that Huawei managed to make their dual camera (Leica) flush with the back of the phone. Unlike Apple which seems to really like ugly camera bulges.

p10-plus-graphite-black_1_.jpg

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Reactions: Tig Bitties

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Well if true, then it's back to Android, can't stand a stock iPhone without JB, either the Mate 9 or S8+.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Well if true, then it's back to Android, can't stand a stock iPhone without JB, either the Mate 9 or S8+.
I'm finding it a lot easier to love without a JB iPhone these days due to apps that have been allowed to come out.

A few years ago, one of my biggest reasons to JB was to block ads in apps on my iPhone. Now I use AdGuard Pro. I also have installed Twitter, FaceBook and Instagram with the ++ versions baked right in. There are still a few things I do miss but none of them are deal breakers.

I gave up my JB on my 5S and 6S+ last month when I upgraded to 10.3. I quickly went back to 10.2.1 once I realized I couldn't use my upgraded watch on my 6S on 10.1.1 and SE on 10.2.1. I also took the watch back to BestBuy and exchanged it for another which of course still had 3.1.3.

I still have my 6S on 10.1.1 and 6+ on 9.0.2, both jailbroken and my iPad Mini 2, JB as well.

On my Android phones, I used to root purely to be able to run Adaway but Adguard Pro has solved that problem for me without the need to root.

Good luck with your decision whatever you do.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I'm finding it a lot easier to love without a JB iPhone these days due to apps that have been allowed to come out.

A few years ago, one of my biggest reasons to JB was to block ads in apps on my iPhone. Now I use AdGuard Pro. I also have installed Twitter, FaceBook and Instagram with the ++ versions baked right in. There are still a few things I do miss but none of them are deal breakers.

How are you installing Instagram, Twitter and Facebook ++ versions on a stock iPhone 7 without a jailbreak? I'd like to install them on my iPhone 7 Plus.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
How are you installing Instagram, Twitter and Facebook ++ versions on a stock iPhone 7 without a jailbreak? I'd like to install them on my iPhone 7 Plus.
You will have to probably use Google to find the ++ apps. Just search for FaceBook ++ without jailbreak. It's probably not allowed to post the link to that site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunny1990

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
The only thing i hate is i love Kodi and you can put it on your phone but only for a week then you have to spend 10 minutes again a week later and do it all over again. I refuse to pay to be a developer account on apple so it is a week on my Ipad then i have to re do it again. It is really bad the difference between Android and Ios as you can get Kodi right off the market on Android and Ios you have to side load it for a week then do it all over again. Apple needs to loosen up some and they would get more sales.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Looks like on the reddit jailbreak site, they removed just about all talk about this jailbreak because it was well, fake.

Fak... well that's a shame. I'm still on 10.1.1 jailbroken, but was hoping to move to 10.3. Oh well, it will only last until the ip8 is released anyway. Maybe Apple will have a dark theme by then.

medenblik

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2014
I am on 10.1.1 JB but I basically only JB to get rid of the STOCK DOCK and the 3x3 folder.

Allow us to have a transparent dock and have a 6x6 or 7x7 folder layout......

Reactions: Tig Bitties

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Fak... well that's a shame. I'm still on 10.1.1 jailbroken, but was hoping to move to 10.3. Oh well, it will only last until the ip8 is released anyway. Maybe Apple will have a dark theme by then.

That's what I hope as well.

Dark mode is the main reason why I'm still on a jailbreak.

Reactions: spinedoc77

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I wouldn't even need a JB if Apple would just allow themes on iOS like Samsung has on their Galaxy phones.

Just give me the option to change icon packs and have dark mode system wide. Nothing crazy but just some basic customization.

Never understood why Apple hasn't added that option yet ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.