Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Nah I haven't even JB this one yet. I was hesitant on that re-JB every 7 or so days thing. Is that still the case or did they come out with a permanent JB for 10.2?

I feel like I've fallen out of touch with the JB community :(

No need to re-sign with a computer every week now. There is a new tweak called Extender Installer now that do re-sign the yalu app directly on your phone now and it works perfectly so far.

Reactions: pippox0

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Our final payments for our jailbroken iPhones will occur sometime in February I think. More than enough time to determine how we will proceed at that point since the new iPhone should either be out or close to it at that time.

But should Apple offer yet ANOTHER iPhone I don't care for I have lately started to look around. I like the looks of the S8+ and I was gravitating towards it but there is another phone I like better. That's the Huawei P10 Plus.

Unfortunately, not sold in the US at this time but I figure I can get it unlocked off eBay or so. About $1000 for the 128GB version with an SD slot for additional storage cards.

But the kicker of it for me is that Huawei managed to make their dual camera (Leica) flush with the back of the phone. Unlike Apple which seems to really like ugly camera bulges.

p10-plus-graphite-black_1_.jpg

I'd be leery about getting a Huawei phone now there's been a lot of complaints about them not standing behind their products and deflecting blame on to customers and even with the Nexus 6P onto Google.

Just the things I've read on Reddit there's no way I'd buy a Huawei phone now.

Reactions: eyoungren

applelover4u

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2012
What do I need to do if I'm on 10.3.2 before I update to 10.3.2 and want to jailbreak?

Like I heard I have to save something

tirexstorm

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
I am on 10.2.1. I assume updating to 10.3.1 while I can is a smart move? 103.1 seems more likely to get JB than 10.2.1, right?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I am on 10.2.1. I assume updating to 10.3.1 while I can is a smart move? 103.1 seems more likely to get JB than 10.2.1, right?

Which device?

Normally id say stay on lowest version possible, but since mach_portal only covered 10.1/10.1.1 and not lower iOS 10, and Pangu demo'd 10.3.1, I'd go for it. (I would if it were me)

But don't quote me, if tomorrow a 10.2.1 compatible release drops... That'd be horrendous.

also 10.3 file system may complicate things security wise, for teams outside of pangu/individuals, if any.

But I think considering Pangu pulled it off, and its been NOTHING news wise forever now, I would.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Yup. As Nick diaz says, "they're selling wolf tickets".

Since 10.3.2 is officially out there's no reason the jailbreak wouldn't be immediately available if there was one.

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
Yup. As Nick diaz says, "they're selling wolf tickets".

Since 10.3.2 is officially out there's no reason the jailbreak wouldn't be immediately available if there was one.

There has not been a time in history where jailbreak came out the same day, maybe 1-3 days after but never the same day. So stop being a negative Nancy and let them have hope.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
If the JB is not out come this weekend sometimes, then it's just not happening, period.

Then we wait for the iOS 11 developer preview, hope that has cool new features like a dark theme, etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.