Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX
it's free. how many people are actually paying for peacock? how many people will still be paying after a year. right now it is a new shiny thing that attracts people. it is a marathon not a sprint.
How many people have actually really paid for Apple TV+ and aren't just riding off the 1 year free promo Apple has. Apples promo is pretty much circa 1999 where AOL would send everyone and there mom a CD with a free trial or literally pick them up in grocery store checkouts. Apple is giving it away like hot cakes and not something to brag about when you only have a paid tier compared to other competition where they have both a free and paid tier. They offer a free tier because they know there paid tier actually has value because there aren't only like 13 shows/movies to watch from. The way they have been giving out 1 year free trials should pretty much just be called the free plan.

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
9,989,999 -- Just kicked Comcast/Xfinity to the curb for Fios. Surprisingly, they don't seem to be leveraging free Peacock as a reason to stay the same way Verizon is leveraging free Disney+ as a reason to switch. Not that either service should be a deciding factor for anyone...

Disney+ is 100x better than Peacock. I used it for an hour the first day I got it for free with Xfinity. Meh. 0 after that. Xfinity is just dragging us over the coals every bill I get monthly. Only good thing about them is their mobile cell service.

Reactions: ChrisBos
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.