Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I've bought an iPod Touch, iPad 2, 3 and Air, iPhone 5 and 6 Plus, rMBP 15 and nMP at launch time. So I'm certainly as fanatical as the next guy.

But I did it the old-fashioned way - staying up late and ordering online. And I've always received it as soon as possible except when there was no pre-ordering. Can't understand why anyone would stand in line or pay a premium price for something you can buy at home in your underwear, sharing the experience with the folks here.

Makala

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014

Yeah lol...
The most I want though is for them to get some kind of requirements to move here like Canada or Australia has. It makes me sick how we just sit back and let it happen though because otherwise we get called racists, so I admire UKIP.

Lasereyes

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Warning YMMV

I just called the apple store in Wellington, FL, and was told that security will not allow anyone to line-up around the mall until 6AM on the 19th (two hours before opening). The agent told me that these plans could change and to call the day before. Has anyone experienced this? This Apple store is inside of a mall fyi.

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
This- it's not just about the phone, it's just generally fun.

Grab a flask, load up the divx on your laptop, pack some snacks and go make some interesting friends in line.

There's life outside the mancave/basement/couch.

Agree I always meet some really nice folks and nice conversations so waiting a couple hours is not a big deal. Its nice to get out of the man cave for sure. I usually am doing it for my kids so more incentive.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Security is going to let them stand in line for a week?

I waited 3 days for a PlayStation 3 so I can see people waiting 4 to 5 days. I had to locate a suburb that allowed you to wait overnight. Some city laws don't allow this. The messed up part is that the PlayStation ended being defective and with no extras (unlike what Apple does) I had to wait for a replacement.
I won't be getting a iPhone so I will be eagerly looking for reviews later this week and will visit a Apple store Friday evening. I have a Note 3 and I want to see iPhone 6 plus vs Note 4 comparisons. The $400 64gig plus is too rich for my bood for what you get.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
LOL.

Is this real life!?

Wait a week in a line in a mall for a phone! People are nuts.

Local mall has 8 people in line right now.

Yep. They need to reevaluate what's important in life. It took me 5 minutes to order the other night, and I'll get to sit casually in my home and have someone deliver it to me.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Warning YMMV

I just called the apple store in Wellington, FL, and was told that security will not allow anyone to line-up around the mall until 6AM on the 19th (two hours before opening). The agent told me that these plans could change and to call the day before. Has anyone experienced this? This Apple store is inside of a mall fyi.

If you guys are serious you need to call the stores that allow this. And next you need to call the police department. This is beginning to smell like a scalpers dream so you're going to have people not interested in the iphone trying to sale for profit. My guess is that by Wednesday you should see lines forming all over the place. If I was dead set on the iPhone 6 plus I would have taken Monday thru Thursday off. Bring the tent and wash up with body wipes.
When I camped out for the PS3 best buy allowed me to use the bathroom and the people in line held my spot. I felt like a bum that Friday morning but mission accomplished.

bigthanbigger

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
maybe some big store located at new york or california state ,,, in my area mall , no one care about iphone yet ,,, i visit yesterday , still logo 5s , nothing updated special ........

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Yep. They need to reevaluate what's important in life. It took me 5 minutes to order the other night, and I'll get to sit casually in my home and have someone deliver it to me.

Considering that the preorder system was fubar last Friday morning many people did not have a chance.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
maybe some big store located at new york or california state ,,, in my area mall , no one care about iphone yet ,,, i visit yesterday , still logo 5s , nothing updated special ........

I believe all the stores update after they close the night before the release. It was a party atmosphere when I waited to purchase my iPhone 5. Music cranking, employees dancing. They were having a great time in there. I don't know where they got the energy from at 3am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.