People that don't use cases, are you crazy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marine0816, Dec 4, 2011.

1. marine0816, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

How the hell do you guys do it? I see you people with your iPhones completely exposed. I'm sure you guys must be neat, non clumsy people that don't work as construction workers :) But some fool might just bump into and your iPhone will fall to the ground, and by the drop test videos the iPhone can't take much of a hit at waist high. So I'm wondering why don't you people protect your investment? are you guys that rich and just buy a new iPhone if you drop it, or you guys just want to show off your iPhone without a case and make the world know you have a iPhone and willing too risk it being dropped for a little glamour? I'm very curious

2. Skika macrumors 68030

Why would you want to ruin the iPhone with a stupid case?

3. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

I'm not a safety boy, but I can tell you are. :D

4. thelatinist, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No, I am not crazy. I'm careful. And I have AppleCare Plus.

I used my 3GS unprotected for 2-1/2 years without any issues. It's not that hard.

5. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

i only using case when travel oversea ? so they know i'm iphone fans ....... kkkkkkk

6. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I'm super careful. And I have a case. I also drive with seat belts, and cycle with a helmet.

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Not crazy. But I have skins to protect from scratches.

8. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

how is this case people ? is it good ? apple logo

9. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Idk where you live but here it's required by the law

10. goofy1958 macrumors regular

Actually, it's all about ORM. Hold the phone firmly, and keep an eye out for potential situations that you might get bumped, and you're ok. Keep your phone in it's own pocket, with nothing else, and minimize the potential for scratches. It's all about being careful, and constantly aware of your surroundings. In other words, never text, surf, app, or talk while driving, walking, or any other time that you might not pay attention to what is going on around you, and your phone should be just fine without protection.

11. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Without a case it is much much easier to slide it in to your pocket.

12. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

13. marine0816 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marine0816

Ok thanks for the reasonable response

14. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Yeaaaaahhh, riiiigghhtt .. good good, just make the Apple logo a bit bigger and PINK, just to show you that it stands out among the others :rolleyes:

To the OP, most of us really appreciate the esthetic of iPhone, admit it, put it in a case someway cover up the great design of an iPhone, to be honest iPhone is already good looking as it is.

So, cover up iPhone with silicon, hard case, otter box or whatever truly sacrifice it. And yes, going naked means huge risk since iPhone outer body mostly made of glass. I use cover ONLY when I go outside, but it's just plain soft case, nothing too fancy and thick.

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

a complete lunatic :cool:

16. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

But you can still have an accident wearing your seatbelt. Or crash on your bike wearing helmet. Helps protect you thou right?

James

17. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

A case takes away from the beauty of the iPhone. And I love the way it feels in my hand a case takes away the experience. If I'm out with my iPhone I hold onto it very tight so even if someone did bump into me it would remain in my hand. I put it in and take it out of my pocket very carefully. It's also been proven that a case doesn't necessarily protect it anyway.

18. nraudigy2 macrumors member

I try to keep my phone scratch or dent free. Case seems as a good choice. It will look just like new when I trade in for a new iphone.

19. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

It's not completely about showing off, it's the design that appeals to us.

One of the reasons people buy iphones is their exquisite design.

If you cover up a ferrari, thinking the $300k investment might be scratched, what's the point?

20. munch2112 macrumors member

I don't use a case.... Never have. Didn't on my 3GS and don't on my 4.

Don't like it. Detracts from the look and feel of the iPhone!

Saying this... I'll contradict myself and say that I do have an icarbons skin on the back of my iPhone. Only on the back though....

That is the only protection I have because it often gets thrown or slid onto my desk at work! But that is all!

And it's a white carbon skin for my white iPhone.

Would never use a case. Not even if someone paid me.

21. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I use it naked in the comfort of my home & put the case on when I go out.

22. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I'm very confident the people who don't use cases will use one if they drop or break their iPhone.

I go caseless and use cases randomly. Depends when I want too or not.

23. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I've been caseless with my iPhones since 2007 and have yet to lose one to a drop. Had the original for two years, the 3GS for about nine months, and now the 4 for a year and a half. I just don't wander around mindlessly playing with it, I keep it in its own pocket (right front for those curious), and I stay aware of my surroundings like you probably should anyway. A bit over four years and gravity has yet to lay claim to one of my iPhones :)

24. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Simply a matter of preference. Even a case doesn't guarantee protection in all instances.

25. futch macrumors 6502

futch

A) I don't look at it as an investment, it's a phones, and a beautiful one at that. A case takes away from the look and feel to me.

B) I'm in the 1%. If I break it, I will buy a new one. I have never used a case on any of my iphones and I have never had an issue. If an issue arose, I would take a trip to my nearest :apple: store and get is resolved.

C) I have no interest in showing it off. Cases are cumbersome and ugly to me. Furthermore, unless you use the otterbox or similar product (which are extra cumbersome and ugly) the case doesn't provide adequate protection from falls anyway.

D) Why does other people's choices matter to you? It seems like more than simple curiosity to me. It's not your phone, why do you care? I don't care that a lot of people choose to put a case on their iPhone and I don't ask them why they choose to do so.