Perfect iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacManTH, Mar 31, 2011.

1. MacManTH macrumors newbie

With all the threads with complaints about the new iPad 2's I though I would start one about the positives about the new iPad's. I have nothing to complain about my iPad 2 and I am completely satisfied...I love it and its perfect screen:D!!
    :apple:Post and share your enjoyment of the new iPad 2:apple:

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I saw your reply in the other thread and I agree with you. To many people nitpicking at the slightest imperfection or deeply looking for something that doesn't exist just to complain.

You can add me to the list of "I am completely satisfied with my iPad purchase"

3. lionqueen macrumors 6502

Upgraded from the first ipad (which i boughtvin november), and i couldnt be happier. Its so much faster, no more checkerboarding...and even though its not technically that much lighter, it somehow feels a lot nicer and easier to hold. And i love the white :). Its just awesome :)

4. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Show us your perfect screen.

100% Brightness in a dark room.

Prepare to be disappointed.

5. JM2-uk macrumors member

I agree. Let's see a picture of your perfect screen.

Wait until you start watchin movies on it. Oooooh dear. You will be pissed off :p

6. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

If you are in a completely dark room, you don't *need* 100% brightness, do you.

7. JM2-uk macrumors member

EVERY ipad I have seen, when watching films in a normal room at auto dimming shows border bleed. EVERY one.

I am sure some people are in denial.

Go and watch a film. It looks shocking on the borders.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

No one said that the light bleeding wasn't aparnt, but this thread is for people who are satisfied with their iPads and are not dissecting and nitpicking every square inch of the device looking for flaws so that they have a reason to complain (people who don't have OCD).

My iPad 2 does have some light bleeding, but so did my first iPad and I didn't care then and I dont care now with my iPad 2.

9. JM2-uk macrumors member

10. lionqueen macrumors 6502

What is with someeople here? It's like, god forbid we're happy with our ipad 2, and if we are, we must be ' in denial'. Denial works both ways, y'know. Perhaps those of you with bad light bleed (or those of you with a tiny bit of light bleed who think it's the end of the world) are in denial that there could be people who are just plain happy with what they've got, dont have any issues, or whose issues are mild and dont sweat the small stuff?

My ipad 2 had a small amount of light bleed when I got it last week, but it seems to be resolving itself and you can barely notice it now. At any rate, it doesnt bother me. The question is, why does it bother YOU so much that it doesnt bother me?

*smh*

11. robertk328 macrumors regular

robertk328

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If it weren't for all the light bleeding threads 98% of the people who now "have the problem" would never know of it and be perfectly happy without the slightest idea of any light bleeding.

Here is mine at an angle to show light bleed exaggerated.

[​IMG]

13. JM2-uk macrumors member

14. Reddmanz macrumors regular

This.

15. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I was happy with mine. I didn't go looking for the light bleed and wasn't bothered if mine had it if I couldn't see it during normal use then it was fine for me.

Then I watched a film last night on it with the brightness set low and noticed it all down at the bottom and it was pretty off putting when watching a film.

16. JM2-uk macrumors member

Exactly :)

That is the issue in a nutshell. When those films start it is ALL you see! Blackborders + ipad 2 = bad mix.

You will spend all the film checking the bleed. I have a number of Apple devices so know when things are good. Ipad 2 currently has fundamental issues.

17. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

18. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Love my ipad

I'm with you guys. I loved my firist iPad. And I adore this ipad2 I thinks it's incredible the only time I turn on my laptop is to sync this I have 16 g 3 g with the unlimited data plan I got wht with grey smart cover looks gorgeous. It's always with me just like my cell phone. All I ever get is compliments on this people are amazed when they actully see it in action. So I cant believe how so many people on here can bitch about this I have no problem with the cameras or video I think this takes pretty good pict. I have a digital camera if I want perfect pict. And I think the video is great. So can someone please help me understand what all the bitching is about with ipad2

19. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

My screen is perfect in the dark, although I would NEVER use 100% brightness in full dark as it would sear right through my eyes. I do have other complaints though, but I must say the screen isn't one of them.

20. JM2-uk macrumors member

Just look at the images from backlight bleed. The screen on the ipad 2 is substandard.

I too loved the ipad 1, no problems with it. All the Ipad 2s I have had, have this same issue. It makes films terrible and takes the lcd tech back to 2006.

At random, look at some of these:

http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=ip...ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBMQ_AUoAQ&biw=1259&bih=614

21. jdcell100 macrumors regular

This might be a dumb question how can I tell if I get that light bleed everyone talking about on my iPad I don't see anything but I wasn't looking for it either

22. JM2-uk macrumors member

Watch a film. Look at the edges :D

You'll see it :eek:

23. deeddawg, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011

deeddawg macrumors 604

That's like intentionally hitting yourself with a hammer and complaining that it hurts. :rolleyes:

Not to diminish the difficulties of folks who received units with a true problem, but if you have to go to such extremes to make the "problem" appear, it's pretty silly to get worked up over it IMHO.

Sounds like material for http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldproblems/

24. 62tele macrumors 6502a

I am sure it's been suggested before but apparently, there must be a lot of folks who need medication for their OCD.
    I laugh at some of the photo examples of the "light bleed" issue. Obsess much?
    Sheesh. This stuff actually bothers you, really?

25. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I wonder how many of you have Apple stocks.;)