Petition to remove iOS 7 install on iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by PracticalMac, Feb 5, 2014.

1. PracticalMac, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Where can I sign a petition to remove iOS 7 install on iOS 6?

I have iPhone 4 and don't want to upgrade, especially one app (non-Apple) I use frequently does not work well in iOS 7 (no fix yet).

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm afraid you will not get far considering you clicked "I AGREE" to the iTunes End User Agreement which in a nutshell states Apple is free to do what they wish with their software and you agree to it.

3. iCore24 macrumors 6502

iCore24

LMAO!!! Good luck. Its there phone, there OS, and you agreed to all of it.

4. VI™ macrumors 6502a

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Even if you got 7 billion people to sign apple won't do it. But good luck with that

6. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

No, it's MY iPhone.
    Sure its their OS, but its MY iPhone.

If you read my OP, it causes one app to not work right (tested on wife's iPhone 4), so I CANNOT upgrade.

Overall I like iOS 7 when I tried it, but it is not for me.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The phone may be your property but all the software that runs on it belongs to Apple so they call the shots on what happens to the software.

8. cynics macrumors G3

If that's your only issue then wouldn't it be easier and better for the developer of that app to update their app?

I'd shoot the dev an email asking if and when the app will be updated to iOS 7.

9. yzjustdatguy macrumors regular

yzjustdatguy

Jailbreak your phone and install software update killer from cydia

10. numlock macrumors 68000

may be his property? you think he stole it?

its robbing him (and others) of space of their hardware which they own and nobody else. its advertised as a 16, 32 and 64 gig device with no * for a 1 gig download i believe.

tim cook going on about equal rights. maybe he should look into some consumer rights

11. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Sorry, deleting updates you don't want to install is a new feature in iOS 7.

12. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

:rolleyes:, isn't it.

13. bboucher790 Suspended

bboucher790

I recently jailbroke for this reason. Now I call the shots :D.

14. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

15. Armen, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Consumer "rights" are not being violated here buddy. If you want to use an Apple product you have to AGREE to their software terms. If you do not you are free to take your business elsewhere.

16. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Curious as to what one app you have that will not work. Tells me that the developer is no longer supporting, which says a lot

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

But then again, terms that say that a company can do whatever they want with the software already installed on your device are good or right or ethical or perhaps even technically fully legal if challenged properly. Just because something is in the terms and you agreed to them doesn't mean it's really enforceable in all cases (or even ever), depending on what those terms are.

18. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

By connecting my personal iPhone to our work exchange server I give our company the right to wipe my device any time they want. are my rights being violated? no, I can either not get mail or play by corporate rules. Its simple.

19. Dented macrumors 6502a

This. If an app is no longer being supported by its developer then it's time to replace that app, not cling to an older version of IOS just to keep it alive. Without developer support, you've no way of knowing how long that app will keep working properly even on IOS 6.

One of the good things about IOS 7 is that it's made it very obvious which apps are being maintained well, and which ones - still sporting their IOS 6 keyboards and buttons - are sliding into obsolescence.

20. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I am not sure why they have not fixed it yet.

----------

So now I ask they do it for iOS 6

21. Dented macrumors 6502a

They've provided an update for IOS 6 that deals with the problem. It's called IOS 7..

22. ABC5S macrumors 68040

This is how you do it the easy way OP..

1. Purchase Apple

See how easy that is...:D

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

Those are similar but not the same.

24. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

If someone managed to make 7 billion people sign the peition, that means essentially everyone on the earth sign. Yeah, Apple will totally do it. If someone managed to get a million of user to pressure Apple, they would do it.

----------

2. OR sue Apple to death.... If you are capable enough..

----------

Do you agree or not agree the hardware is mine? If hardware belongs to me then I should do whatever the helll i want to do with it, INCLUDING instailling other OS. So I am totally fine with Apple not allow me install THEIR iOS, but Apple MUST allow me to install other OS works with it without set so much restrictions.

That means, Apple should allow users to install whatever the OS they choose to, including Android. You can do it with PC, Macs, I do not see why you cannot do it with iOS devices.

25. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well I disagree apple makes the hardware and can do what ever they want. They make money off you using iOS itself and they are very happy with it so why should you be able to install a different os.