Petition to remove iOS 7 install on iOS 6?

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Where can I sign a petition to remove iOS 7 install on iOS 6?

I have iPhone 4 and don't want to upgrade, especially one app (non-Apple) I use frequently does not work well in iOS 7 (no fix yet).

Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

I have iPhone 4 and don't want to upgrade, especially one app I use frequently does not work well in iOS 7 (no fix yet).
I'm afraid you will not get far considering you clicked "I AGREE" to the iTunes End User Agreement which in a nutshell states Apple is free to do what they wish with their software and you agree to it.

iCore24

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan

I have iPhone 4 and don't want to upgrade, especially one app I use frequently does not work well in iOS 7 (no fix yet).
LMAO!!! Good luck. Its there phone, there OS, and you agreed to all of it.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
LMAO!!! Good luck. Its there phone, there OS, and you agreed to all of it.
No, it's MY iPhone.
Sure its their OS, but its MY iPhone.

Start your own...but, I rather enjoy iOS7
If you read my OP, it causes one app to not work right (tested on wife's iPhone 4), so I CANNOT upgrade.

Overall I like iOS 7 when I tried it, but it is not for me.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
No, it's MY iPhone.

If you read my OP, it causes one app to not work right (tested on wife's iPhone 4), so I CANNOT upgrade.

The phone may be your property but all the software that runs on it belongs to Apple so they call the shots on what happens to the software.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
No, it's MY iPhone.

If that's your only issue then wouldn't it be easier and better for the developer of that app to update their app?

I'd shoot the dev an email asking if and when the app will be updated to iOS 7.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
The phone may be your property but all the software that runs on it belongs to Apple so they call the shots on what happens to the software.
may be his property? you think he stole it?

its robbing him (and others) of space of their hardware which they own and nobody else. its advertised as a 16, 32 and 64 gig device with no * for a 1 gig download i believe.

tim cook going on about equal rights. maybe he should look into some consumer rights

Paddle1

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2013
Sorry, deleting updates you don't want to install is a new feature in iOS 7.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
may be his property? you think he stole it?

its robbing him (and others) of space of their hardware which they own and nobody else. its advertised as a 16, 32 and 64 gig device with no * for a 1 gig download i believe.

tim cook going on about equal rights. maybe he should look into some consumer rights
Consumer "rights" are not being violated here buddy. If you want to use an Apple product you have to AGREE to their software terms. If you do not you are free to take your business elsewhere.

Last edited:

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
No, it's MY iPhone.

Curious as to what one app you have that will not work. Tells me that the developer is no longer supporting, which says a lot

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Consumer "rights" are not being violated here buddy. If you want to use an Apple product you have to AGREE to their software terms. If you do not you are free to take your business elsewhere.
But then again, terms that say that a company can do whatever they want with the software already installed on your device are good or right or ethical or perhaps even technically fully legal if challenged properly. Just because something is in the terms and you agreed to them doesn't mean it's really enforceable in all cases (or even ever), depending on what those terms are.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
But then again, terms that say that a company can do whatever they want with the software already installed on your device are good or right or ethical or perhaps even technically fully legal if challenged properly. Just because something is in the terms and you agreed to them doesn't mean it's really enforceable in all cases (or even ever), depending on what those terms are.
By connecting my personal iPhone to our work exchange server I give our company the right to wipe my device any time they want. are my rights being violated? no, I can either not get mail or play by corporate rules. Its simple.

Dented

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2009
Curious as to what one app you have that will not work. Tells me that the developer is no longer supporting, which says a lot
This. If an app is no longer being supported by its developer then it's time to replace that app, not cling to an older version of IOS just to keep it alive. Without developer support, you've no way of knowing how long that app will keep working properly even on IOS 6.

One of the good things about IOS 7 is that it's made it very obvious which apps are being maintained well, and which ones - still sporting their IOS 6 keyboards and buttons - are sliding into obsolescence.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
By connecting my personal iPhone to our work exchange server I give our company the right to wipe my device any time they want. are my rights being violated? no, I can either not get mail or play by corporate rules. Its simple.
Those are similar but not the same.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Even if you got 7 billion people to sign apple won't do it. But good luck with that

If someone managed to make 7 billion people sign the peition, that means essentially everyone on the earth sign. Yeah, Apple will totally do it. If someone managed to get a million of user to pressure Apple, they would do it.

----------

This is how you do it the easy way OP..

1. Purchase Apple

See how easy that is...:D
2. OR sue Apple to death.... If you are capable enough..

----------

I'm afraid you will not get far considering you clicked "I AGREE" to the iTunes End User Agreement which in a nutshell states Apple is free to do what they wish with their software and you agree to it.
Do you agree or not agree the hardware is mine? If hardware belongs to me then I should do whatever the helll i want to do with it, INCLUDING instailling other OS. So I am totally fine with Apple not allow me install THEIR iOS, but Apple MUST allow me to install other OS works with it without set so much restrictions.

That means, Apple should allow users to install whatever the OS they choose to, including Android. You can do it with PC, Macs, I do not see why you cannot do it with iOS devices.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Do you agree or not agree the hardware is mine? If hardware belongs to me then I should do whatever the helll i want to do with it, INCLUDING instailling other OS. So I am totally fine with Apple not allow me install THEIR iOS, but Apple MUST allow me to install other OS works with it without set so much restrictions.

That means, Apple should allow users to install whatever the OS they choose to, including Android. You can do it with PC, Macs, I do not see why you cannot do it with iOS devices.
Well I disagree apple makes the hardware and can do what ever they want. They make money off you using iOS itself and they are very happy with it so why should you be able to install a different os.