PhantomSkinz Install Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mac.cali, Sep 28, 2012.

1. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Here it is. This is the matte finish purchased from PhantomSkinz. The sides are also covered in the matte finish. The screen is protected by SGP Crystal Clear screen protector. The install was pretty easy since I'm used to wet installs. I did like the side protectors as it covers the whole side of the phone in a single piece. Now I don't have to worry about scratches on a naked iPhone. :)

Attached Files:

2. lunarken macrumors regular

not just the back and the sides, the shinning thin bezel between the side n the screen is prone to scratches.

3. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I was looking for a matte protector for a reasonable price, as I liked the matte look of the back. This looks good. Thanks for posting your pics, ordered a set myself. :)

4. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I've used phantomskinz matte back on my 4S and also my 4. Love it. Not sure I want to cover the back of the 5 though...it would take away from the feel.

5. orlandocano macrumors regular

Other than LarryGreenberg and ShneiderMan (sp) ... who post some of the best apple accessory reviews on the internet... you are the only other person to get me to immediately whip out the credit card and place an order for an item that you posted pics/impressions of online! haha... mine should arrive tomorrow... never done a wet install but the finish on your phone looks awesome.. so i had to take the plunge.. thanks!!

6. C0SM0 macrumors member

I also had to order a set for my iPhone, after seeing these pics. I didn't really want a wet install, but the matte back was exactly what I was looking for. All in all, I really like the PhantomSkinz back on my phone, and while not perfect, I think I did an OK job installing it too. The installation was much easier than a zagg that I tried.

Here is the matte back on the white iPhone 5. Sorry for the quality of the pics:)

Attached Files:

7. mac.cali thread starter macrumors 65816

What a complement! Thank you. :D

8. robotphood macrumors 6502a

This looks good. I've used a phantomskinz before but the glossy one on my iphone 4. The sticky rubbery feel of the skin i have on my iphone 5 is really bugging me this time around. Especially after handling it naked for about a week. May give a matte skin a try.

9. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

Should I get this or best skins ever? I am afraid BSE is gonna have a sticky feeling to it.

10. krnboy503 macrumors regular

Def recommend both but I'd go with the phantomskinz best matte wet install I have ever done and its awesome!

11. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Just ordered the back and sides. It says you get 2 in the mail as a special Internet special. Did everyone who ordered actually get 2?

12. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Yes you get 2

13. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The OP's pics show there is a cutout, it's hard to see but it is there.

15. katai macrumors regular

I just installed the matte back earlier. Anyone have a air gap I guess you can say between the aluminum and gloss on the back? It's like a air gap in a line not a round bubble. I was wondering if that's my install error or will it heal later on.

16. mac.cali thread starter macrumors 65816

It will heal within time. I had same problem and its gone now.

17. katai macrumors regular

i was able to rub it flat by putting more pressure with the card. Looks better now. I love the matte texture and it's not sticky. Haven't decided if I want to put side skin. I do feel more confident using the phone naked. No worries about laying the back on any surface.

18. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I just ordered it now. This is what I've been looking for to go with my sleeve. Hope it stays in place and doesn't peel like my zagg did on my 4s

19. rjbeh macrumors regular

Will this skin works with spigen's ultra thin air?

20. iPhone 5S macrumors newbie

Hey, can you do me the second iCloud Wallpaper and write "iPhone 5" on it, please?

And could you sent it to: johannesdaun@web.de

Thanks.

21. outie2k macrumors regular

Thanks for the pics. I really like the matte look. I am thinking to get these and replace the xtremeguard I got.

22. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I have to say, their shipping sucks. If you want it in any reasonable time frame, don't use the free shipping. I ordered mine on September 28th, and it still hasn't arrived. I emailed customer service on Monday, and they told me it would arrive on the 9th. It didn't, still hasn't, and their response was:

"Typically the Free shipping takes 2-4 weeks to reach its destination since
    it is a 2nd class mail. I always recommend to customers to upgrade to the
    USPS Priority to ensure a speedy delivery. This method arrives within 3-4
    days."

This is from Arizona to Los Angeles, mind you, so it's not exactly traveling across the world. Based on my current experience, I wouldn't order from them again without a coupon.

23. mac.cali thread starter macrumors 65816

I agreed their shipping is horrible. I remember when they were a smaller company and had excellent customer service. Now they are larger, they seem to forget about the ones who put them on the map. I do like their products, but they really need to improve their shipping and customer service.

24. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Is it "ups innovations mail"? Bc that always seems to take forever. You get a tracking number that doesn't even register in the system for days to a week.

25. NightMoose macrumors newbie

How would you describe the feel of a this skin compared to others? Does it feel rubbery or grippy like ghost armor or BSE?