Phone going back... now!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ReflexReact, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

Sad to see it leave, but i'd rather cancel my contract / get a refund and wait until Apple fix their phone.

Was a great ride iPhone4, but I'll wait thanks. Or maybe I won't bother.

2. mbob macrumors member

I'm about to do the same. It's the only way to give a company the message this is not acceptable.

I love the phone but it's reception obviously is flawed. Let them work it out and I will buy again later.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

That is the best news I heard all day. I am so glad to hear it. Please let us know when you have completed your return.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I returned mine in less than 16 hours! :eek:

I waited so long for this stupid phone and get dropped calls when I hold it the "wrong" way.

5. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Hahahaha.

OK, OP. We hope you can share all of your daily activities on here. We are really looking forward to hearing about what you eat for lunch.

6. raremage macrumors 6502a

The rest of those having issues can only thank you for sending Apple this message.

Since I'm not having issues, I can't really thank you myself, but I know others will appreciate this gesture of protest.

7. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

WOW - I didn't realise the problems were that bad. Mine - touch wood - is flawless and I couldn't be happier :D Shame that's not the case for all...

8. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

ReflexOverReactMacTwitter4

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Twitter.Nation

OP, hope you find a suitable replacement.

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Here is my dream, and I mean it, I dream of unicorns, rainbows and people taking back iphone 4. All the people who can't stop complaining about reception problems and are fixated on the issue, return the phone and get something else. This forum will benefit. Nothing against you all, but really, put up or shut up. In this case, take it back or shut up.

If you can't wait for a fix, or just can't deal with the phone as is (and we all should assume the phone as is, is how the phone was meant to be) then this is NOT the phone for you.

I've bitched, I've moved on, I love this freaking phone.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ Interesting words coming from you Ferris23. :rolleyes:

12. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Return it just let us know when you by to buy another one after realizing it's the best phone.

13. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Hey! I love rainbows too!

Actually, I get where you (and many others) are coming from. Speaking for myself, I think the issue is that there is no way of knowing, one way or the other, how this "issue" will all play out.

If I knew, for a fact, that Apple's position was "tough titty" the phone is what it is and no fix will be issued. I could then make the decision to deal wit' it or return it. But, at that point, bitching would make no sense.

However, if I knew a fix was coming at SOME point, the bitching would probably stop as well. I could make the decision to keep and wait.

I just don't want to get all huffy and storm to the Apple store to return my iPhone just to find, a week later, a magical unicorn rainbow fix is issued!

Otherwise, I love this phone (not in a gay way). Not that there's anything wrong with that.

-Badger

14. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Wise decision, OP. It doesn't sound like the iPhone is a good choice for you. :)

15. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

and you say that why Jessica?

16. dojoman macrumors 65816

You don't even have iPhone 4. Stop trolling!!!!!!!!

17. UCF-ENG macrumors regular

There are some crazy Apple fan boys on this forum...

OP, smart move. I will be keeping my 3GS my self until Apple gets this sorted out. Honestly, I don't see how they can without a hardware modification, so I might just wait for iPhone 5. Actually, part of me is hoping that this thing is hopelessly flawed (which in it's current form, it is) because I would love for Apple to shorten their product cycle and release a redesign for Christmas. Same form factor (which I love) with a reworked antenna design and 64 GB of flash memory!

18. mbob macrumors member

I'll just go back to my flawless iOS4 3GS if it comes to it. I am giving until Thursday to get some sort of official Apple statement.

19. bobdigi macrumors regular

20. nfl46 macrumors 603

Please return. If Apple has enough returns, the rest of us will get FREE bumpers. Woot! CONFIRMED -- lol.

21. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

After returning my i4

I had chicken nuggets and Whole Wheat Rice, bottle of water and a bananana.

22. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

So you would hope that 1.7 million iPhone users get screwed just so you can get what you want? A new phone from Santa? :eek:

Might want to take a look at that "part of you" and figure out what went wrong. :p

23. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

This message does to all. Its good he returned the phone. I'm a big apple fan and probably owned more devices than all of you. Yet I dont cry like a B**** when someone makes a negative comment about apple. Just shut up and take it like men.

"oh just put a case on it" Are you guys kidding or are you guys just plain retarded? that is not the solution. I DONT WANT A CASE ON MY 600 DOLLAR PHONE.

"Dont buy the phone then", right? Thats the mentallity of most people here. Just listen to yourselves people, you sound like 11 year old kids. This is not what is expected from a company such as APPLE. Apple needs to take action and find out if this is truely and issue or not. If it is, it needs to be fixed, no excuses or temporary solutions.

24. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

25. dojoman macrumors 65816

There sure are some trolls on this forum too...