Phone randomly not receiving phone calls

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by papa8706, Jul 9, 2013.

1. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

Since I updated to beta 3 randomly my phone will show voicemails with no sign that I had even received a phone call. I tried calling with another cellphone to test it and my iphone did nothing but i heard a ring on the other end. I tried calling again after that and it worked normal? Do not disturb is off BTW. Anyone else with this issue or know a possible fix?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I've had this issue as well, several times, and only since updating to beta 3. Don't know what a fix is..don't even know how often it's happening, just when I get a voicemail with no call prior or when my fiancee tells me she called me and wonders why I didn't answer..

3. Dez Bryant macrumors newbie

I'm having this same issue. I don't know what the problem is. When I try to make phone calls, they immediately hang up. They show in my call log as "canceled".

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Just experienced a missed call with no ringing or anything earlier today. Worked fine a few minutes later when I tried calling the phone. I wrote it off as an occasional weirdness, but will need to keep an eye on it a bit more seeing that others are now mentioning this as well (possibly in connection with iOS 7 beta 3).

5. papa8706 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just tried resetting all settings/network settings. Tried calling after that it went through okay but like you stated I have no idea how frequently this could be happening. Fingers crossed for now

6. Stalyn macrumors regular

7. aschi macrumors newbie

It happened to me on Beta 2. I was on train and i my dad wrote me why am i not picking up the phone and that my mom was freaking out. He said he called me three times but my phone didnt even rang. I restarted the phone and it was ok. Havent happened since or nobody told me they couldnt reach me.

8. mikegoldnj macrumors regular

Experienced this exact thing today.

Voicemail showed up with no call ever ringing through and no call even listed as missed in Recent Calls.

A couple of calls did ring through and then no ring and straight to voicemail when I tried to call my phone.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

So, in addition to a completely missed call in the morning, it looks like I had a couple more throughout the day as well. If it wasn't for voicemail being left and me getting a voicemail alert, I wouldn't have even known (since no missed call indicator even appears).

I can only imagine that there could be even more missed calls that didn't result in a voicemail, of which I basically would have no knowledge off.

The strange thing is that the voicemail indicator as well as text messages, email, and other notifications are coming through just fine, even around the same exact time, or at least shortly before and/or after, the non-delivered calls are being made, so it doesn't seem like there's any type of connectivity issue.

Something does seem off, more than just some sort of an occasional weirdness.

10. microman macrumors newbie

I too am having this same issue.. and only since beta 3. Its random, and I cannot seem to make sense of it.. this is a show stopper.. when my phone cannot take calls :rolleyes:

Oh, and I am on a Verizon 4S... Dont know if it is limited to a specific phone/model. My friend has an iPhone 5 on ATT and he is not having any issues.

11. papa8706 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can confirm that resetting my settings didn't resolve the issues as it continued to happen on and off 3 more times since then.

12. macbookguy macrumors regular

macbookguy

Same problem on my Verizon 5. Also just started with Beta 3 here as well.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

Interesting...I'm also on Verizon. Perhaps it's a carrier update that is used in beta 3 (if there was one included as is often the case)?

14. papa8706 thread starter macrumors 6502a

15. guyjol macrumors member

I am getting a similar problem. Sometimes when I get a call I answer and it becomes 2 phone calls with the same person but there's no sound. The person on the other line told me later that the call was going straight to voicemail.
    I am not with Verizon

16. backbraker25 macrumors member

Exact same thing.

17. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

Wait? People use iPhones to make phone calls? :confused:

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

Experiencing some more of these missed (well, more like non-delivered) calls today. This is certainly becoming more worrisome.

19. Esquire macrumors newbie

I am missing several calls a day as well on beta 3. I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon. Resetting network settings did not help. Anyone find a fix?

20. JBryan84 macrumors regular

Verizon iPhone 5 and I just experienced the missed call with no notification. Sounds like it's happening mostly to Verizon customers. Very weird and wonder what the fix is. anyone try calling Verizon?

21. davew41 macrumors member

Iphone 5 and Carrier Verizon
    I had the same thing today.
    Voicemail showed up with no call ever ringing through and no call even listed as missed in Recent Calls. This has never happened with beta 1 or 2 for me..

22. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

Having the same issue also. Had no idea till I saw the voicemail.

23. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Same issue here. One person claims they got a message that my number was disconnected. Very odd.

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

What carrier?

25. randy10786 macrumors newbie