Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I have a .psd file of a logo that I've opened in Pixelmator Pro. I'm trying to change the overall color of a banner, which includes a vector smart object to give a kind of smoke effect across the image and another overlay. My goal, though, is to simply change the color of the bottom vector smart object in the below screenshot, which is the furthest back item. It's a nondescript design created to have the background not be as bland as a solid color, but I'm trying to tweak the overall color itself and can't figure out how to do so. Thanks for any help!

1627678571102.png

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I don't use Pixelmator ... I'm a Photoshop guy... so what follows may or may not be helpful... in Photoshop, you select the background layer and act on it alone. There are options for creating adjustments (brightness, contrast, levels, etc)... you can also modify the hue/saturation levels for that layer, or add a new layer above the background containing another color, pattern, etc... and you can modify the blend style or the opacity of the new layer to suit your taste...

My only suggestion would be to play around with the various tools and options in Pixelmator... working on a COPY of your original file... and play until you get something that works for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.