Photo of 3 iPhones? VPN for iPhone?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

9to5mac.com posted what looks like three iPhones with docks.

They flippantly claim they aren't real, but have previously posted another image that appears to be a real live iPhone.

Also notable from the site is an earlier claim that the iPhone would have Quicklook for Word and Excel files as well as OSX-Level VPN. The Quicklook for Word and Excel was essentially confirmed with Apple's iPhone Video Tour. Regarding VPN, they said:

The iPhones will have the standard OSX VPN client when they ship next week. This will allow connecting to Macintosh and Windows VPN Servers on L2TP or PPTP over IPSEC. The client is very simple and will be set up from its own settings pane.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Gimme. Gimme. Gimme.

(they are real they are just being snarky since everyone is going to say they are fake.)

Padriac

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
VPN support will make the lack of 3G almost irrelevant for a lot of university dwellers... most campuses are drenched in Wi-Fi, but usually you need some sort of VPN set-up to use them.

Hope it's true.

Yankees 4 Life

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
College Station, Tx
VPN support will make the lack of 3G almost irrelevant for a lot of university dwellers... most campuses are drenched in Wi-Fi, but usually you need some sort of VPN set-up to use them.

Hope it's true.
This is exactly why i was a tad skeptical, because there would be no VPN client support for use here at Texas A&M. Thank god this has now been confirmed that there will be a VPN client. Oh so happy. I :apple: Apple Iphone:) :) :) :)

3 days, 19 hours, 2 mins

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC

Hope it's true.
Yeah I was wondering about access to the WiFi at my college...the entire campus is covered in a wifi net, but you need to run a "network compliance" application on your computer before you're allowed to connect. :confused:

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC

Hope it's true.
I did not know that. I thought all you need was the password to access Wi-Fi networks protected by WEP/WPA.

(I'm obviously not a university student at the moment, or I would know that already. :p)

insanemccain

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2007
seriously people... just 4 more days, calm down justt a bittt...

none the less, I think they look real due to the crappy image quality and the real horrible crappy glare on the screens. Its not like these dont exist, just consumers dont have their's yet...

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
This is exactly why i was a tad skeptical, because there would be no VPN client support for use here at Texas A&M. Thank god this has now been confirmed that there will be a VPN client. Oh so happy. I :apple: Apple Iphone:) :) :) :)

3 days, 19 hours, 2 mins
Nothing's "confirmed" unless it came directly from Apple or a reputable source (like a known tech reviewer who's played with the thing for a week). This isn't a reputable source. May be true, may be false.

s10

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2002
Los Angeles
real..

and confirming my memory of the iPhone + headset in the same dock as seen in the first ever published images by Apple.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
One image has two white cords coming out of the iPod connector and the other has only one... a subtle difference but could prove maybe some upgrade for the better? or that one is a fake.

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
wow they did a great job photoshopping these. all the shadows and everything. but if you have all those gadgets, wouldn't you have an actual camera? unless it was taken with a fourth iphone! :eek:

JW008

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
One image has two white cords coming out of the iPod connector and the other has only one... a subtle difference but could prove maybe some upgrade for the better? or that one is a fake.
Isn't that what the USB 2.0/Firewire iPod connector looked like? I could be wrong...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.