NextTuesday

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Cork, Ireland

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Not sure if I like the asymmetrical look.

Either way, this picture is what most of the recent rumors have suggested. Could be true, or not. We shall see if the Apple attorneys get on this.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Photo of 3G iPhone?

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

A French blog posted these photos purporting to be the upcoming 3G-capable iPhone. The appearance roughly matches circulating rumors of a plastic backed iPhone.

The original article claims the photos were sent in from an anonymous source and that they have no idea if they are true or not. Typically "leaked photos" are rarely legitimate.

Article Link

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
It matches the description of the supposed 3G iPhone we heard a couple days ago, and it looks real in every way except that it's supposed to be an Apple product...

I call FAKE. It is a huge step backwards in design from the current iPhone, imo... Particularly because it is obviously so incredibly scratch-prone.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
That back cover looks like it's had lots of use, considering how old it would be...

Why can't it just be a laser etched back of another phone?
Seeing as the SGOLD3H is reported to have the same limitation of screen resolution then it'll have the same ratio of length and width of screen as current iPhone. Simple enough to check that.

130mm across
75mm at 300%
that's a ratio of 1.73 Assuming a bunch of things (e.g. resolution up to edge of display).
iPhone is currently 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi with a ratio of 1.5

Not out enough given my margins of error.

FullGaz

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2007
Well, the pictures are not of the best quality...
I don't see the legendary front camera either, so either the pics are genuine and the next iPhone won't have Video iChat, or they are fake and we still have to wait and see...
I'm really not enthusiastic about the black back, it looks cheap and not very 'Apple' like...
I don't buy it. But I WILL buy the next gen iPhone!

iNeko

macrumors regular
May 13, 2007
England
Hmm, it looks to have a bigger screen than the original iPhone (well, from that perspective) or it's actually smaller and the hands are smaller than they look too...

I'm not sure if I like it, I think I'd have to get a look at it first hand

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
That back cover looks like it's had lots of use, considering how old it would be...

Why can't it just be a laser etched back of another phone?
Seeing as the SGOLD3H is reported to have the same limitation of screen resolution then it'll have the same ratio of length and width of screen as current iPhone. Simple enough to check that.

130mm across
75mm at 300%
that's a ratio of 1.73 Assuming a bunch of things (e.g. resolution up to edge of display).
iPhone is currently 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi with a ratio of 1.5

Not out enough given my margins of error.
1.73 is close to 1.78, which is 16x9. That would be great if we get a true widescreen ratio on the next iPhone.

bigmc6000

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
I'm thinking with all these leaked photos all being the same thing that probably means it *isn't* going to look like that.

Of course I'm hoping it doesn't look like that as, despite my love for apple products, there's no way in hell I would buy that chunk of ugly plastic (same reason I won't buy a MacBook).

jtm235711131719

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
The Apple logo and the word iPhone look more pixelated than the rest of the phone. Also I don't see the volume buttons. Fake.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Looks pretty cool to me, just a little on the small side IMO, though. I like the current size of the iPhone. It fits well in my hand. Plus, videos will be easier to watch on a bigger screen. I wonder if Apple will up the DPI of the screen?

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
The Apple logo and the word iPhone looks more pixelated than the rest of the phone. Also I don't see the volume buttons. Fake.
Good point. Apple really can't drop those buttons...at least they better not, one of my favorite features for the ipod part of the phone.

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
The biggest tell to me of how this isn't a 3G iPhone is how scuffed up the back is. Unless you're really rough on phones, it takes quite a while to get the back of a phone looking like that. Are we supposed to assume whoever got ahold of the phone this early has had it for several months?

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
No sir, I dont like it.

Doesn't look Apple enough. Doesnt have the lines of an Apple product. Reminds me of a LG Voyager phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.