Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
MG09721-XL.jpg

Another amazing photo! The eyes just pull you in. Beautiful work, Rowbear.

Here a mundane shot I just took this morning. I got this 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM Canon coffee mug recently was a birthday present (wished the present was the real deal!!) and broke it in this morning.

morningcoffee2181201112.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Another amazing photo! The eyes just pull you in. Beautiful work, Rowbear.

Here a mundane shot I just took this morning. I got this 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM Canon coffee mug recently was a birthday present (wished the present was the real deal!!) and broke it in this morning.

morningcoffee2181201112.jpg

I wonder what the theft rate is on those things...:)

Dale

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I really like the simplicity and off-the-cuff nature of this one. Works great in b&w! It's a strangely compelling image.

Thank you for your words. It's one of those photos when I snapped it, I knew it would be a decent photograph.:cool:

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009

Nope. However, I wish I was in Berlin.
Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Some parliament building and a statue of a solider in front of it. There's also a statue of Victoria R.I. a few feet to the right of it.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Nope. However, I wish I was in Berlin.
Victoria, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Some parliament building and a statue of a solider in front of it. There's also a statue of Victoria R.I. a few feet to the right of it.

I see. The building in the background looked liked a building in Berlin when I visited a few years ago. But I didn't remember the statue that you took, so I was curious. Then again, the statue of the man should have clued me in that it wasn't Berlin.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I am liking your B&W street scenes, Razeus. This one has a nice candid and flowing feel despite the "static" buildings in the background.

Thank you. I'm trying to find a style and sticking with it instead of taking pictures of random things that are mundane or have no real meaning. I think street photography is my niche, but I've got a long way to go. I've always enjoyed looking at HCB and Vivian Meier's work as well as documentary style photography a la NatGeo. After reviewing my LR catalog over the last 3 years (took up the hobby in in 2009), I seem to gravitate to this sort of photography.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Thanks for the info :) Very keen to try this next time I'm in Sydney.

You may run into me there. It's hard to remain anonymous using the cameras I've got. ;)

Here is another shot:

1/13sec, F/8.0, ISO160, 400mm.

And although not one I'd ever normally put in this thread, I was rather astonished by this plane I photographed. The engines made so much smoke, as to have you think it was on fire! :eek: Normal AN-12 stuff... I must admit - I shook my head in amazement. :D Unbelievable! :eek:

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Thanks - the Avro707 is actually the original Vulcan bomber prototype. :) Well, not quite - but a small plane built to test the design for Vulcan. There was a famous airshow photo with the two Avro 698 Vulcans and their four Avro 707 'chicks' flying in formation. :)

Love those old bombers - they had drama and style. :D (and sound). I also happen to like the Boeing 707 as well, so it's convenient. :)

Last edited:

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Thanks - the Avro707 is actually the original Vulcan bomber prototype. :)

I learned something new! I've always thought of the BAE-146 when hearing about anything 'Avro', so this is different. Interesting!

Love your aviation pictures, BTW. I'm just the dumb monkey up front, so it's cool to see how things look from the other side. :)

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I still envy the view that you guys get up the front of the plane. Sunrise must be one of the greatest things ever. Someday, I'd like to get a photo like that.

LumbermanSVO

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Denton, TX
IMG_1553.jpg

Leaf

I was prepping a meal last week and saw this out the window and didn't have much time before the narrow band of sunlight moved on. I think I should have gone out and removed the small leaf from the foreground though.

englishman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
Thank you. I'm trying to find a style and sticking with it instead of taking pictures of random things that are mundane or have no real meaning. I think street photography is my niche, but I've got a long way to go. I've always enjoyed looking at HCB and Vivian Meier's work as well as documentary style photography a la NatGeo. After reviewing my LR catalog over the last 3 years (took up the hobby in in 2009), I seem to gravitate to this sort of photography.

Stick at it - I like your stuff too. Can I ask why you use B&W?

macgeof

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2005
Sheffield:UK
Kopan monastery

Just back from trip to Nepal. Mainly teaching but had some time to explore before leaving Kathmandu. Wish I'd been able to go in for a meditate!

New poster here and happy to accept C&C - and also happy to go back and take more pics, but that may have to wait until next year now.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Stick at it - I like your stuff too. Can I ask why you use B&W?

I think B&W is great for street/documentary photography. Allows me to focus on the image itself and gives it a timelessness, dramatic feel. Of course I could be biased since alot of my favorite photos are in B&W and I'm probably trying to emulate that look.

Of course some things do look better in color and I'll be doing a week's worth of "color" street photos in a couple of weeks. I've been doing some heavy culling when posting to Flickr and trying to only post what I think is my best stuff. I just wish there was a way to get more views of my photostream.

Anyways, here's today's photo:

Water Children by Photobyharris, on Flickr

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.