Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
23/365 | Faded

FB_January_23_2018_001.jpg

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Don't like you any more, that's too good !

Cheers :)

Hugh

Nicely done.

Thank you both very much. I was lucky to get out for Snowy Owls when I did...our weather has turned dramatically with warm temperatures and lots of rain. Snowies against a background of muddy fields just don't work well.

I kinda like this one - another from the Falkirk Wheel.

Whats the view on the circles and the panel lines in the first arc? should I get rid of them or leave them?

DSCF5876-Edit.jpg by Ken OHagan, on Flickr

In other news: I had a moment with a Fuji GFX50 today with the 63mm f2.8 lens. It didn't feel any bigger than a Leica SL in all honesty. Deeper than i expected, from top view kind of looks a little Hasselblad H4D-ish...

Only had a play around the shop for 10 minutes but wow! the images are super detailed and HA-YOU-JE! (huge) So, yeah, I got out of the shop with my savings intact so RESULT!

Absolutely love your shots of the Falkirk Wheel Ken...I would travel there just for these if I could. And btw, if you want to stay out of trouble at home, stay away from the GFX50. A very experienced photography buddy of mine is shooting with one and is producing extraordinary landscape images. He's hooked on it now but at a significant financial cost.

Beautiful shot with a really nice calm feel. Well done Molly.

~ Peter

Reactions: mollyc and kenoh

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Thank you both very much. I was lucky to get out for Snowy Owls when I did...our weather has turned dramatically with warm temperatures and lots of rain. Snowies against a background of muddy fields just don't work well.

Absolutely love your shots of the Falkirk Wheel Ken...I would travel there just for these if I could. And btw, if you want to stay out of trouble at home, stay away from the GFX50. A very experienced photography buddy of mine is shooting with one and is producing extraordinary landscape images. He's hooked on it now but at a significant financial cost.

Beautiful shot with a really nice calm feel. Well done Molly.

~ Peter

Thank you Peter.... as always, welcome to come over and I will show you round... I am loving the owl shots BTW. Absolute stunners and well, just on a another level.

As for the GFX50, yes I added it up... and for once I can honestly say... I prefer the Leica cheaper option... lol... theres two words rarely in the same sentence... Leica and cheaper... ha ha ha...

It was a lovely feeling bit of kit and as I recently ditched Sony for a Fuji XPro2 (anyone notice?), the controls felt familiar immediately but yes, at a £6000 buy in price it is steep. So nice to fondle, not something I will be buying anytime soon...
[doublepost=1516745271][/doublepost]
A leftover from last weeks "Low" contest. I enjoy capturing the footprints of where others have trod before me on the beach for some reason.

View attachment 748126
iPhone 8 Plus, ISO 20, 3.99mm, f/1.8, 1/1429

Don't upset that guy, he looks huge!
[doublepost=1516745473][/doublepost]

Beautiful colours and fall off

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Thank you Peter.... as always, welcome to come over and I will show you round... I am loving the owl shots BTW. Absolute stunners and well, just on a another level.

As for the GFX50, yes I added it up... and for once I can honestly say... I prefer the Leica cheaper option... lol... theres two words rarely in the same sentence... Leica and cheaper... ha ha ha...

It was a lovely feeling bit of kit and as I recently ditched Sony for a Fuji XPro2 (anyone notice?), the controls felt familiar immediately but yes, at a £6000 buy in price it is steep. So nice to fondle, not something I will be buying anytime soon...
[doublepost=1516745271][/doublepost]

Don't upset that guy, he looks huge!
[doublepost=1516745473][/doublepost]

Beautiful colours and fall off
There's bound to be an offer at TPS!

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
And here was I thinking you would have gone straight off and pre-ordered the new Hasselblad H6D-400c! ;)

Lol.... I looked at it because bro in law has one on order but it is £43,500!!! Thats the price of a decent spec electric BMW i3!

It uses something like sensor shift tech to get the 400 MPs though doesn't it?
[doublepost=1516776872][/doublepost]
Give Ken a break , he's not made out of money . Besides ,he's probably eyeballing the X1D-50c . It's just so more practical than a big Hasselblad.....:D

Here we go... I have a play with something just to see what the fuss is about and immediately I am roasted for it...

Not sue on the X1D. Body construction is nicer than the GFX for sure but the lenses are twice the price so a standard three lens kit on the X1D comes in at £3K more than the same equivalent on GFX50S.

Before you lot start... No I wasnt pricing for a purchase... Was just looking at the economics of medium format in so far as understanding how it compares to a Leica S - older, bigger, not quite MF but way more expensive!

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Lol.... I looked at it because bro in law has one on order but it is £43,500!!! Thats the price of a decent spec electric BMW i3!

It uses something like sensor shift tech to get the 400 MPs though doesn't it?
Ooh, decisions, decisions...The ultra-quiet beamer or the whiz-bang camera (with no lens)...

It does indeed do an interesting rotation of the sensor by one pixel in each direction, then combining those images somehow for a more detailed picture.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Thanks very much Ken and Scotland...it is on my bucket list so you never know when a homeless looking sort may come knocking on your door.

Reactions: kenoh

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Another from the beach, taken down really low. Holding the phone just above the water and using the volume up as the shutter button, just hoping the composition was gonna work and waiting for an interesting line of the waters edge to happen.

IMG_1289 copy.jpg

iPhone 8 Plus, ISO 20, 3.99mm, f/1.8, 1/2114

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Sorry... this isn't a January pic, but this reminds me of one my favorite portraits I worked on for New Years Eve not to long ago. Pic was taken early early morning... but edited to look like she going out to New Years Eve Party. We are on the west coast, so reversed the picture to make it look like the sun is setting on the water. The sparkle dress was planned for a New Years Eve shot... but she really mainly wanted me to add the animated sparkles through Photoshop.

sparkledress_nye.gif

I'm still new at Photography, Lightroom (2 -3 months)... but worked on Photoshop for a long time... mainly for jailbreak theme mods. Just bought my 1st camera setup... which I posted in the "Post Your Last Purchase" thread. @Apple fanboy quoted me and pointed me to this thread, so now I'm here.... hope to learn a lot from all of you here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.