Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Sorry... this isn't a January pic, but this reminds me of one my favorite portraits I worked on for New Years Eve not to long ago. Pic was taken early early morning... but edited to look like she going out to New Years Eve Party. We are on the west coast, so reversed the picture to make it look like the sun is setting on the water. The sparkle dress was planned for a New Years Eve shot... but she really mainly wanted me to add the animated sparkles through Photoshop.

sparkledress_nye.gif

I'm still new at Photography, Lightroom (2 -3 months)... but worked on Photoshop for a long time... mainly for jailbreak theme mods. Just bought my 1st camera setup... which I posted in the "Post Your Last Purchase" thread. @Apple fanboy quoted me and pointed me to this thread, so now I'm here.... hope to learn a lot from all of you here.
Well if your only 2-3 months in your doing very well!

Reactions: erayser

compasiune11

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2016
Romania
First of several different takes on this beached sailboat.

From what I have gathered, the owner was out in the Gulf when hurricane Nate was active there. He had some sort of problem with the boat which prompted him to call for a rescue from the US Coast Guard. He thought he'd never see his sailboat again. About 6 weeks later he got a call that his sailboat had washed up at Miramar Beach near Destin, FL. He has been able to recover his belongings, but he doesn't have the money to get it off the beach (something around $11k from what I was told). It has been sitting there for about the past month since it was grounded there.

The name of the boat is the Phantom of the Aqua.

Really nice one! Congrats!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
You are really making the most of your 365 project. Keep up the good work.
[doublepost=1517005433][/doublepost]
So much rain lately, the ground is quite boggy in places

Boggy Ground
by Hugh Russell, on Flickr

Cheers :)

Hugh
Certainly is round here. Our garden is a no go area for most of the winter.
Supposed to rain all day tomorrow, but I might get out Sunday all being well on the home front.

Reactions: mollyc and Hughmac

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
You are really making the most of your 365 project. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. Most days I feel like I’m scrambling and this really isn’t going the way I’d envisioned, but I keep trying. Your words mean a lot right now.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
As noted in the PoTD, I'm currently in Chicago - this one is a bit of a giveaway...A 2-shot vertical pano. Misty/foggy night so sky a bit meh...Comments always appreciated.

River bank
by another scotsman, on Flickr
Nice view. You might consider getting down a bit lower and closer to those rocks.
[doublepost=1517007200][/doublepost]
Thank you. Most days I feel like I’m scrambling and this really isn’t going the way I’d envisioned, but I keep trying. Your words mean a lot right now.
Hay at least your trying! My gear is getting dusty in the cupboard!

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
Nice view. You might consider getting down a bit lower and closer to those rocks.
[doublepost=1517007200][/doublepost]

I tried to get a bit lower but the rocks then dominated - should have perhaps tried something in-between but unfortunately I was heading out to dinner in 15-minutes and had to get back to the hotel....

Another pic from a short walk along the lake shore. Comments always appreciated.

The Boathouse
by another scotsman, on Flickr

Mark0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
SW Scotland
Sorry I've not been posting much. I've still not managed to get the video done, hopefully soon though before I lose motivation to get it sorted. Anyway, here's a new image - my first of 2018. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come...

Silhouettes & Stars
January 2018

My first image of 2018 is from the Galloway Dark Sky Park on Saturday 6th January. I've been to this exact spot before during the day and thought it would make for an effective shot of the night sky with the Milky Way visible. The image combines a shot for the stars and a longer exposure for the foreground. Unfortunately due to the breeze, there were no reflections on the water because the reservoir was a wee bit choppy.

Fuji X-T2 with Samyang 12mm f2 NCS lens.
Sky: 15s / f2 / ISO 3200
Foreground: 2min / f2 / ISO 6400

DSCF0667 FINAL small PL.jpg

[doublepost=1517063662][/doublepost]
kenoh said:
In other news: I had a moment with a Fuji GFX50 today with the 63mm f2.8 lens. It didn't feel any bigger than a Leica SL in all honesty. Deeper than i expected, from top view kind of looks a little Hasselblad H4D-ish...

Only had a play around the shop for 10 minutes but wow! the images are super detailed and HA-YOU-JE! (huge) So, yeah, I got out of the shop with my savings intact so RESULT!

I was allowed a wee play with one in Edinburgh Jessops. Loved it and took to it straight away. Oh how much I'd love one. If anyone wants to crowdfund me, be my guest :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.