Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
There is no such thing as a perfect screen. Go check out AVForum and you'll see plenty of people complaining about every TV models from all manufacturers out there. It's a matter of settling with what is acceptable for you.

You can't count first of all, and if you have nothing constructive to add move on!

As in complaining about the same thing over and over is constructive? :cool:

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
There is no such thing as a perfect screen. Go check out AVForum and you'll see plenty of people complaining about every TV models from all manufacturers out there. It's a matter of settling with what is acceptable for you. :cool:

Yes I must agree with you there, it's just LCD technology

----------

As in complaining about the same thing over and over is constructive? :cool:

Absolutely not but a great way to vent:p

Q-Dog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2007
Cameras see things differently than your eyes do. If you need a camera to see the "defects" in a screen, you are probably being a bit too critical.

I work around film and video cameras and high end monitors all the time, and we do not put our many-thousand-dollar monitors through the scrutiny that some buyers of $500 iPads do.

So when you get an iPad that looks good don't over analyze every miniscule detail ... just use it, enjoy it, get on with your life.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
DY screen. I've checked the grayscale and it's pretty good and backlight bleed seems minimal. Nice white screen, no dead pixels, brightness uniformity could be better but I'm not risking an exchange (this was my first iPad). Picture looks kind of pink but I don't see that in person.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Week 5 feb build..white 64gb wifi

Pretty damn perfect I think
attachment.php

Pics are clickable
Brightness 50%

Glad you find it perfect, but it looks exactly like nearly every one I've returned.

And to the people who keep blaming the camera...pics liken this one show the exact issues I've seen with my naked eye. If I were trying to replicate the problem with a camera, I could not ask for better results.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Glad you find it perfect, but it looks exactly like nearly every one I've returned.

And to the people who keep blaming the camera...pics liken this one show the exact issues I've seen with my naked eye. If I were trying to replicate the problem with a camera, I could not ask for better results.

I can tell u from experience mine looks nothing like my picture and I am a pretty picky SOB. I tried taking 10 shots but with lighting and what not I couldn't get a good one .

But lol I'm not gonna argue with someone over my own iPad that's just insane.

Mine is perfectly unified

It's more of a lighting issue and not the camera,damn if mine looked in person like it does in the photo I would have never kept it, I was trying to show mainly the color and how it has no yellow tint

mzjin

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
I can tell u from experience mine looks nothing like my picture and I am a pretty picky SOB. I tried taking 10 shots but with lighting and what not I couldn't get a good one .

But lol I'm not gonna argue with someone over my own iPad that's just insane.

Mine is perfectly unified

It's more of a lighting issue and not the camera,damn if mine looked in person like it does in the photo I would have never kept it, I was trying to show mainly the color and how it has no yellow tint

What lighting issue? The light comes from your device so you should be taking the picture in minimal or no light (in the dark).

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
wow, every pic I've seen in here looks acceptable. you also have to consider lighting and picture quality.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I still don't get how posting a picture of a screen is a reliable record of whether a particular iPad has a good or bad display. The camera taking the pic could be the issue and then you have to take into account the lighting in the room and the fact that everyone is viewing these pictures on a secondary device. The original experience is too far removed.

The only reliable way to determine (with the naked eye at least) if a screen has problems or not is to view that screen directly.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I still don't get how posting a picture of a screen is a reliable record of whether a particular iPad has a good or bad display. The camera taking the pic could be the issue and then you have to take into account the lighting in the room and the fact that everyone is viewing these pictures on a secondary device. The original experience is too far removed.

The only reliable way to determine (with the naked eye at least) if a screen has problems or not is to view that screen directly.

And if a photo miraculously coincidentally looks exactly like a screen you've seen with your naked eye? What then?

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Sad but true!
I will take my 2 I had for a yr over the junk apple is pushing out.
Quality control is sadly tossed aside by apple on the 3 release
Of course I will get flamed by the apple ra ra boys-
But here is a suggestion the fanboys will tell you-

"you look too hard for problems,just keep it,nothing is perfect,you are OCD,and
Keep staring at it-there it is gone and no pink.

TOO BAD FANBOYS,NOT ON MY 800 bucks I paid to apple for this junk.
The 2 is way better than the 3in screen quality-
Soo much for there touted "RECTUM" display

Dude, not only did you say "fanboy" which I hate, you said "ra ra boys"!?

ra ra boys!?? haha

Enlightenment1

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2012
Yup, I was lucky with the lottery. Its a DM. The only better I've seen are the DLs.

Having no color tints and neutral whites with uniformity is pretty jackpot.

Forget that buddy. All 3 of mine have been DL's and all had bad screens.
First two were patchy yellow, and this one has a yellow 'boarder' around the edges with pink above the home button and light green in the top left corner when held in portrait.
I am awaiting a returns box from Apple to send this one back. Here's hoping iPad #4 will be the one :rolleyes:

Enlightenment1

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2012
Week 5 feb build..white 64gb wifi

Pretty damn perfect I think
View attachment 337847
View attachment 337848

Pics are clickable
Brightness 50%

I am sorry but that is NOT perfect! Without sounding mean and bursting your bubble, it's pretty bad. I am looking at it through my calibrated Dell monitor and if you look at the last, white background picture, you can clearly see the top left is pink and the whole right side and bottom of the screen is green.

This is exactly why Apple will NOT pull their finger outta their ass with QC. Sad but true.

Last edited:

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
Wow! All I can say after reading these posts is that I must not obsess over my screen enough! I am feeling so in adequate now! :eek:

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Last edited:

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Now with canon eos 500d.

You're not taking the picture right with your Canon. First the camera needs to be a Nikon with Vivid color settings of +1, contrast of 0, sharpening of +4, and saturation of +3. You cannot use a lens with an fstop lower than 3. The indoor light has to be set at automatic white balance!!!! No flash

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.