Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
I was home for the weekend, so here's my family of cars.. the Jeep (auto with the Apple sticker) is MIA as it was hit by a snowplow.
Dad's: Audi A4 1.8T
Honda RidgeLine- it's spiffy.
Mom's: Honda CRV
Mine: VW Bug

Attachments

• A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Ridgeline.jpg
    Ridgeline.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Ridgeline2.jpg
    Ridgeline2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 118
  • CRV.jpg
    CRV.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 116
  • VW.jpg
    VW.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 140

andypress

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2003
Buffalo, NY
rickvanr said:
I was home for the weekend, so here's my family of cars.. the Jeep (auto with the Apple sticker) is MIA as it was hit by a snowplow.
Dad's: Audi A4 1.8T
Honda RidgeLine- it's spiffy.
Mom's: Honda CRV
Mine: VW Bug
IMO, the wheels look too small for the ridgeline.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Devie said:
Check out the high-performance Aussie Ford ;)

gtp.jpg

Its a lovely 5.2 Litre V8 with 290 KW

bleh ... lame spoiler. looks like a pontiac.

still like that Fairlane better.

btw- my boss has a mini. :) ... cool little cars. get the S.

peace | neut

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
andypress said:
IMO, the wheels look too small for the ridgeline.

I'd agree, the CRV wheels look too small as well, but at the time of the CRV purchase, thats the biggest size they came with (15inch) and the RidgeLine's tires its the same deal, those are the biggest (17inch) and also look small.

ddtlm

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2001
rickvanr:

the CRV wheels look too small as well
Yeah it kinda ruins the whole SUV look to have civic-spec wheels. ;)

neut:

much like the chevy truck with similar body style
Hmmm, I think Honda won on the "looks less stupid" competition by a safe margin, mainly by avoidance of plastic. Worst of all is Chevy's plastic roll-bar-ish things. Amazingly stupid looking, and entirely non-functional. The Honda might even reach "normal looking" with a nice fitted fiberglass topper.

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
mad jew said:
:eek: Serious?! I'm pretty sure that's the Best Car in the World! :D Is there a comfier/quicker way to 100km/h?
Yes I'm serious, but I dont really think much of it, neither does he, sure it goes hard, but it definatly wasnt worth the $80,000. His buisness partner gave it to him for the meantime (as he just bought a Porsche 911), and he's going to get something else, it looks like he's leaning toward a Volvo 4WD.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Devie said:
Yes I'm serious, but I dont really think much of it, neither does he, sure it goes hard, but it definatly wasnt worth the $80,000. His buisness partner gave it to him for the meantime (as he just bought a Porsche 911), and he's going to get something else, it looks like he's leaning toward a Volvo 4WD.

That's a bit disappointing. As I posted before, I'm running round in kinda the standard Holden equivalent and loving it. It's great bang for bucks quality. Ahh well, it makes me feel less bad next time I don't upgrade to a faster HSV V8 then...

paxtonandrew

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
I Come From A Land Down Under
To all the Aussies out there, I GOT A TERRITORY, it is better than even the Best Fairlane. I have posted pics way back on page 2. I guess I had better show the Wife's car.

2000 Lexus IS200, 75,000Kms, Automatic.

27386304zf.jpg

Interior
isinterior6tg.jpg

Here is My old car. Ford Falcon XR6 VCT. Yes it is an AU, but very powerful. Notice the Patern, Ford, Ford, Toyota?

dcp00726ql.jpg

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
Lacero said:
I didn't want to come off as all showy, but here is my 2003 Bugatti Veyron.

myveyron.jpg

this is an extremely nice and very fast car, I could work all my life and never have enough dough to get this. I am really jealous :eek:

PRICE?

andypress

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2003
Buffalo, NY
ddtlm said:
rickvanr:

Yeah it kinda ruins the whole SUV look to have civic-spec wheels. ;)

neut:

Hmmm, I think Honda won on the "looks less stupid" competition by a safe margin, mainly by avoidance of plastic. Worst of all is Chevy's plastic roll-bar-ish things. Amazingly stupid looking, and entirely non-functional. The Honda might even reach "normal looking" with a nice fitted fiberglass topper.
Sadly though, chevy still has somehow managed to sell a crapload of them, even the firest revisions that had all that plastic cladding on the bottem.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Question is, are these batteries safe for the environment? How would nano-materials react with the water, soil and air?

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Chappers said:
Try to spot which is my car.
It must be the white rusty van parked in front of that beetle, right? ;)
nice car.
andypress said:
I think he was joking....
from the foakley ipod killer thread:
Lacero said:
My last pair of sunglasses, I left on the top of my bugatti and drove off. It was only $30 but I was still pissed. If I lose a $300 pair, I'd be in a murderous rage.
... nice car. plz tell me you're joking :cool: :rolleyes:

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
I drive a 1997 Toyota 4Runner. Back in the day, my friends and I used to load up our bikes and go mountain biking. Now we're all too busy I guess... :(

01january_lo.jpg

One time, being a big Van Halen fan, I striped it like Eddie Van Halen's guitars using white tape (and lots of wax underneath so it came off easily). Kinda stupid but fun so who cares... :p

frank2a.jpg

Before this one I had an identical 1996 Toyota 4Runner. That one only lasted nine months before being smashed to smithereens by a drunk driver (we all walked away just fine).

96fronth.jpg

My wife drives a 2002 Nissan Altima.

altima1l.jpg

We put up some pictures soon after getting it so family could see. I guess it showed up pretty high in Google's image search for awhile, so pretty soon I started noticing a bunch of hits on this image from external websites. Mostly just car-based forums where people were posting about what cars they wanted.

I decided to have a little fun. :D

I added some url rewriting rules so that depending on where the hit came from, it would get an alternate image and show up in that forum post as something else. A few images I used were:

http://www.mrtruck.net/mudflaps.jpg
http://www.losercars.com/images/loser13.jpg
http://www.mikeandbev.org/altima/altima-p1.jpg
(the last one I took myself)

Heh heh heh... ;)

point665

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2004
jani1new.jpg

73, 440 PS( Police Special engine... between 400-500hp unspec) Charger... Got it for my 14th birthday from my dad... That is after first restoration... For past 3 years I have taken the car completely apart to do a complete build up... Just finished the complete front suspension a few weeks ago... Working on engine bay now.

Edit: Also 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Cummins 5.9, 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Cummins 5.9, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan... Had a 73 RR (1 out of 117 made in 73 with a 440) but let it go.

mooshoo

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2004
Whoever was posting that he had a Veyron is *ahem* full of it. They're not in production, and as it stands, it probably won't go into production, as they can't meet the initial goals that they set (like, stated horsepower, top speed, etc.).

Anyhoo. Here's mine, taken from my most recent track day.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.