Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
mooshoo said:
Whoever was posting that he had a Veyron is *ahem* full of it. They're not in production, and as it stands, it probably won't go into production, as they can't meet the initial goals that they set (like, stated horsepower, top speed, etc.).

Anyhoo. Here's mine, taken from my most recent track day.

How come the Veyron is on the Bugatti webpage under models, and not concepts then? Oh, and nice Porsche, my Dad's buddy just got the 4S, and it's slick.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
rickvanr said:
How come the Veyron is on the Bugatti webpage under models, and not concepts then? Oh, and nice Porsche, my Dad's buddy just got the 4S, and it's slick.

That's gotta be because they've taken deposits on it but they still haven't actually given any of them to their owners because they're having serious problems with that whole 400km/h top speed. It is pretty hefty considering a 747 takes off at 290km/h! :eek:

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
mad jew said:
That's gotta be because they've taken deposits on it but they still haven't actually given any of them to their owners because they're having serious problems with that whole 400km/h top speed. It is pretty hefty considering a 747 takes off at 290km/h! :eek:
If I ever wanted anything, right now I want that car. I wanna race a 747 :D

Just imagine the insurance though... I'm paying £1.5k a year on my little hatchback!! :rolleyes:

mooshoo

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2004
mad jew said:

Yeah, they've been taking deposits on the Veyron for a while now. I know they've got several test mules already. I've seen footage of one at Laguna Seca (Mazda Raceway), where the driver almost stuffed it into the wall. I've also heard that a lot of the people who put deposits down have withdrawn.

Maybe the original poster was talking about another Buggati or something??

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
mooshoo said:
Yeah, they've been taking deposits on the Veyron for a while now. I know they've got several test mules already. I've seen footage of one at Laguna Seca (Mazda Raceway), where the driver almost stuffed it into the wall. I've also heard that a lot of the people who put deposits down have withdrawn.

Maybe the original poster was talking about another Buggati or something??

some of you might find this interesting:
How would you define the most amazing production car in the world? Would it be:

* The car with the most horsepower?
* The car with the fastest top speed and acceleration?
* The most expensive car?

At the moment, the Bugatti Veyron appears to have it all:

* A W-16 engine that can produce 1,001 horsepower
* A top speed of 250+ mph (400+ kph)
* A zero-to-60 time of three seconds
* A zero-to-180 time of 14 seconds
* A price tag somewhere in the $1 million range.

In this article, we will take an in-depth look at this amazing automobile and see how it is possible to fit so much performance into a single machine. It all starts with the engine...

Veyron - how it works

peace | neut

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
now that im spoiled with the rear-mid engine, rwd, convertible configuration, with my mr2 spyder, i'f i wanted to feel i've gotten a better practical (budget wise) rare car i'd have to go with the lotus elise....

Lotus%20Elise.jpg

just got to sell one of my paintings for 40 grand or hell 20 even and i'd move over in a heart beat. if not that then one of those convertible z cars... thought, unfortunatly, it's front engine. :eek:

paxtonandrew

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
I Come From A Land Down Under
puckhead193 said:
2000 Lexus IS200, 75,000Kms, Automatic.

27386304zf.jpg

I love the lexus IS. I can't wait to see the new IS 350 IS 350

puckhead, I can't say I like the direction that Lexus are taking their range. I liked the old series GS and now they are looking more and more like Toyotas. The IS was just that, INTELLIGENT SPORTS, not a real luxury sports car. I am going to replace the IS200 with a 2004 GS300 in July, especially because my wife likes the added power of my car (182Kw) and we will need a larger car soon, because a bassinet won't fit in the IS without the passenger seat all thw=e way forward, and I am 6'3''. There is no problems in the Territory, but people from ATAU will know how attached to that car I am.

Devie, all Ford V8's in Australia have a 5.4 Litre V8, not a 5.2. Don't get me started on that (wife wouldn't let me get a XR8, so I had to get a Territory)

Spizzo

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Pacific NW
^^^Nice Audi!!! - I wanted an S4, but got this instead, back when I could afford gas.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 126
C

CompUser

I love cars. I have read a lot of the car threads and it seems that there are a lot of people that dislike SUVs here. I know, my family's car line up isn't the most....fuel efficient.

> My mom has a 2004 BMW X3 3.0 (mom)
> My dad has a 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE-7 V8 (dad)
> My Sister has a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport (sister)
> We also have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Moms old car)

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Its dark outside so I cant take a pic... so I googled it:

its actually my parents right now. Its a 1999 Infiniti G20 that we actually won. my dads thinking about getting a BMW so once Im 16 (1 1/2 years) It will be kinda mine... and kinda not... if that makes sence.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
CompUser said:
I love cars. I have read a lot of the car threads and it seems that there are a lot of people that dislike SUVs here. I know, my family's car line up isn't the most....fuel efficient.

> My mom has a 2004 BMW X3 3.0 (blue ext, black int.)
> My dad has a 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE-7 V8(white ext w/brushgaurd, grey int)
> My Sister has a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport (red ext, black int)
> We also have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (my moms old car) (white ext, black int)

Personally, I dislike the X3. I think it looks like a shoe (yes a shoe) and the interior isn't anything special. I liked the X5 more but my mom liked the small size and better fuel economy of the X3.

I like the Discovery (even though most people don't). Even though it is boxy, has a very old looking dashboard, and gets about 14mpg, I think it is just an awesome car and I would happy to drive it as my first car if my dad wants to sell it.

My sisters Jeep is ok. She loves it but I would never want a Wrangler.

I like the Grand Cherokee. It is a good reliable car especailly compared to the Disco. I hate the new Grand Cherokee. It looks sooo bad. We're going to sell the Jeep though.

Generic Pics:

03landroverwh15.JPG

db_3.JPG

(Like this w/ the wood except ours has the rear air suspension button)

I love the Discovery too. LR screwed up with the LR3, I've only seen a few on the road. The Range Rover Sport also could have been better. It has almost the same dashboard as the LR3.

I see you are from CT. Are your parents a customer of the Land Rover of Farmington Valley Dealership (odd question)?

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
This was my beloved golf GTI Turbo. But I had to sell it :(

The Audi rims were stunning on it. :(

Attachments

• Front 1_1.jpg
    Front 1_1.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 114

ph0rce

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
I can't drive yet... not older enough... but when i can think i will be getting this as my first car :D well, the stock model and then will get pimpin' :D woo, bring on the West Coast :D

my-C4.png

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Nice A4 AudiGuy, what all have you done to it? and what wheels are those?

I am driving a 99 A4 currently and love, but have my sights set on getting a last-year bi-turbo S4 as soon as I graduate. For some reason they don't seem to be holding their value very well making them quite affordable at low milages, imagine that :rolleyes:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
scubabeano said:
I don't have a car - but this is the lovely 70's style scooter that gets me around:

39330.jpg

A very nice looking scooter. Very practical with the current high gas prices. Also great to get around in traffic.

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
Here's a couple pictures of my car - '99 Chrysler 300M - I've been contemplating the removal of the "Chrysler" letters on the sides as the chrome paint is coming off pretty badly - seems to be a common thing with all Chrysler/Dodge lettering on the side/rear of their cars.

DSCF0410.jpg
applesticker2.jpg

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
wdlove said:
A very nice looking scooter. Very practical with the current high gas prices. Also great to get around in traffic.

Just watch out for those Hummers and large SUVs; they seem to have a hard time seeing bikes, scooters, pedestrians, small cars, etc ... they also seem to miss my finger as the pass by. :p

Toppa G's - how'd they let you get away with those custom plates??? :eek: ... is it your birthday or something? You'd have a hard time explaining what it meant over here at the DMV; they're pretty keen to the sub-culture symbology.

peace | neut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.