Please, bring back the MacRumors BLOG page button in main page

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Marx55, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Marx55 macrumors 68000

Please, bring back the MacRumors BLOG page tab in main page. Now it is hidden inside Front Page, which is utterly anti-intuitive and anti-Mac (much as the shutdown option inside Start option in Windows). Thanks.

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Hi Marx55,

How do you use the tab? You visit the front page and then the blog pages? Did you know the sidebar also shows the recent blog stories?

arn

3. Marx55 thread starter macrumors 68000

Before today, the main page showed the BLOG page tab. That no longer shows and now it is hidden inside the Front Page tab, which is less convenient and most visitors will not even notice. Thanks.

4. CarlJ, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

CarlJ macrumors 68030

CarlJ

I'm running into (what I think is) the same problem - I normally go to the front page, read down until it hit articles I recognize from my last visit, then go back up and click the "Mac" page and do the same, then go to the "iOS" page and do the same. Without this, you only see one third of the stories. The new layout makes the Mac and iOS pages less visible / harder to find for most users, and more clicks to get to them for me and other long-time readers who know to look. If you want two-thirds of your new content to get completely missed by most visitors, then the new system is probably better for that.

I'd prefer to see "Front Page | Mac | iOS | Roundups | How Tos | Reviews | Buyer's Guide | Forums".

Literally, bold those first 3, to make it clear they carry the primary day-to-day-updating content. If you have to squish something, come up with an umbrella title for "How Tos", "Reviews", and "Buyer's Guide", and make those into a dropdown menu.

Alternatively, some of ["How Tos", and "Reviews", and "Buyer's Guide"] could move down to the front of the line immediately below the "Front Page, Mac, iOS" line. Reviews and Buyer's Guide are about specific Apple products that people might want to buy, and the things on that second line ("AirPods 2, iOS 13, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, ...") largely fall into the same category, thematically.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Another vote to be bring back blog tap.

Take the 'Flexgate' Display Issues Affecting 2016 MacBook Pro and Later story. Why is it in the guides/How Tos and reviews forum? Makes no sense to me. I believe the lack of front page visibiliy is only hampering people seeing this and other stories because everything is now buried. This change is making it harder not easier.