Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
I have the GM and don't get an update.
Can someone confirm that Apple did not do 7.0.1 please? :)

brothersage

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2013
exactly the same

It says I have the current version. Don't trust em though. My phone and itunes are working perfectly together, so all is well so far. For the longest time I had syncing and back up issues between ios7 GM and 11.1 beta2.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
It is, same build number. I've just checked it myself.

Great.
I will still restore all my GM devices, i only "updated" as the GM came out and my 4S feels buggy. Let's see what a restore does :)

Good thing is, i can take the GM download i already have and don't have to use the overloaded Apple servers now.

super burrito

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
I'm also running GM and there is no option to update; running perfectly with the new itunes so they must be the same :cool:

djty392

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2013
So when there is an update in the future for it, if I have the GM (which is what was just released) my phone will update to the new one correct??

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
So when there is an update in the future for it, if I have the GM (which is what was just released) my phone will update to the new one correct??

Yes.

The GM is exactly the same software as that released today.

You basically did what everyone is doing today whenever you installed it on your phone. :) There's no difference.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It is, same build number. I've just checked it myself.
You already got it installed somewhere a few minutes after the announcement? Seems like most people have hours to go on downloads and even running into errors downloading.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I'm also running GM and there is no option to update; running perfectly with the new itunes so they must be the same :cool:

It will not show an update available if the build number is different, just for your info. The GM was 7.0 and the public version is 7.0 so of course it will say there is no update. It will not show an update for a new build as they are both recognised as 7.0

Poly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
It will not show an update available if the build number is different, just for your info. The GM was 7.0 and the public version is 7.0 so of course it will say there is no update. It will not show an update for a new build as they are both recognised as 7.0

SO what are you trying to say?
Is the release today different from GM?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
SO what are you trying to say?
Is the release today different from GM?

No. He is saying that you will not see an update because there is nothing to update to - the GM is the exact same thing that everyone else is now finally downloading.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
The 5s and 5c will be on 7.0.1 but so far Apple is pushing 7.0 to all other devices.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

No. He is saying that you will not see an update because there is nothing to update to - the GM is the exact same thing that everyone else is now finally downloading.

Actually I think he's saying that even if the build number was different for the public release, those of us already running the GM would have to download the .ipsw directly and then update, because neither OTA or iTunes would pick up the change in build number (since it would still be labeled as iOS 7).

Poly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
Actually I think he's saying that even if the build number was different for the public release, those of us already running the GM would have to download the .ipsw directly and then update, because neither OTA or iTunes would pick up the change in build number (since it would still be labeled as iOS 7).

K....that sounds bad :(

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Dont think they would so that with a GM build already on new devices. They'd need to release a new build in a way that would show up as an update on those, so maybe like 7.0.1 or something along those lines then.

ronaldsmith

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2013
I cannot restore my iPad or iPhone running IOS 7 GM - any ideas on a workaround?

Keep getting an error "you do not have permission to access the requested resource" :confused:

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Can someone who updated from iOS 6 today - officially - to iOS7 please post a screenshot of the build number. Front page here says it is a different build from the GM last week. Just to clear up this confusion. Thank you!

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
It says I have the current version. Don't trust em though. My phone and itunes are working perfectly together, so all is well so far. For the longest time I had syncing and back up issues between ios7 GM and 11.1 beta2.
:rolleyes: lol

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
11A470a seems to be ios 7.0.1 that will come soon for the 5S and 5C
ios7 is 11A465

http://ios.e-lite.org/

It actually says this on the front page -

"iOS 7 is compatible with the iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, iPad mini, and fifth-generation iPod touch. It will also ship on the iPhone 5c and 5s, which will be available for sale on Friday. The release arrives as golden master build 11A470a."

for iPhone 5s and 5C is says -

"Apple also released iOS 7.0.1 to fix a few bugs with the iPhone 5s and 5c, ahead of their public launch on Friday. That version has a build number of 11A466."

Who is right? The front page of here or whatever that random site is you posted? The mystery thickens....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.