Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ndakatre13

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
Help name old pc puzzle computer game

What is the name of the puzzle computer game that you went through levels and collected certain color boots you got power ups to be able to walk through fire, ice skate on ice instead of slide, ext. and you could move blocks into water to make a path. You had to push blocks in specific places and ways to complete the level. You would have to restart the level if you fell into water.

Anyone know the name of this game?

Ndakatre13

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

What is the name of the puzzle computer game that you went through levels and collected certain color boots you got power ups to be able to walk through fire, ice skate on ice instead of slide, ext. and you could move blocks into water to make a path. If you fell in water you died and you had to move blocks in specific places and ways to complete the level.

artbycoffee

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

What is the name of the puzzle computer game that you went through levels and collected certain color boots you got power ups to be able to walk through fire, ice skate on ice instead of slide, ext. and you could move blocks into water to make a path. If you fell in water you died and you had to move blocks in specific places and ways to complete the level.

That was called Chip's Challege. LOVE that game. :)

McSh5

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011
I have a couple Mac games I'm trying to remember from the early 90s. The one I remember playing most (other than Where in the World in Carmen Sandiego) was a space game where you are a little circular-shaped object, you can move around the screen with your mouse and shoot to destroy things. You have to collect a certain number of gems or something in the level and then get to the exit portal (also on the same screen). It was a static, top-view perspective. Any help?

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
I have a couple Mac games I'm trying to remember from the early 90s. The one I remember playing most (other than Where in the World in Carmen Sandiego) was a space game where you are a little circular-shaped object, you can move around the screen with your mouse and shoot to destroy things. You have to collect a certain number of gems or something in the level and then get to the exit portal (also on the same screen). It was a static, top-view perspective. Any help?

Crystal Quest?

mistyeagle

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
Hello :).

Does anyone remember a children's game for the mac in the early 90s where you were looking around the house that belonged to a mouse, maybe called Martin, and solving little puzzles and when you won the game there was a massive kitkat on the screen as your prize?

This wasn't a platform game. You just went around the house going into different rooms, either looking for things or solving puzzles. It was a game for younger children.

I'm sure it was called something like "Martin's House" and Martin or whatever he was called was a mouse.

Sorry for the poor description, I have quite a vague childhood memory of this.

Albert's House, I believe! Impossible to find online, as far as I'm aware. There's a remake, but even any information about the original is next to impossible to locate.

I just found this post while randomly searching the web, and signed up just to answer you - so sorry if I've dragged up any old(er) threads, admins!

Infinity Nova

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2012
I need a title too

Hi all, just registered so forgive me if this post is too old or something..
Anyway, I remember back in about 1999 or early 2000 I had an old Macntosh and on it was this game I can't remember the name of.
You played top down as a yellow blob collecting chests in order to "clean your room". I remember giant marshmallows to float on or something but other than that I don't know. I was about 4-5 at the time so...

Anyone remember this?

Thanks in advance!

ubermacin

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
I too am looking for a mid 90s Mac game

I played an avoidance type game in 93-94 on a color mac at my high school. It wasn't Crystal Quest or Crystal Crazy. It must have been OS6 or 7. I'm guessing it was a clone of sorts to Crystal Quest, but it didn't have the momentum feature CQ does. Any help would be appreciated.

CBergerman1515

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
If anyone can help...

I'm trying to remember a game from the 90s. Educational puzzle type game. Starts out with the character (maybe a small troll) who washes onto a beach with a jungle backdrop and finds abc gum.

Later there is a puzzle where there are rolling CDs in the sand. And I think even later there is a huge cauldron on the beach that you have to pour ingredients in.

I can totally picture it but don't know what it is called.

CBergerman1515

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
Ha actually I just found it.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/macintosh/secret-island-of-dr-quandary

The secret island of doctor quandary. I've been looking for weeks and finally found it!

weeee2

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2014
please help me find this game.

it was in the 90s when i play this game on a macintosh.
it was a strategy game that you can choose different nations (british, french, indians) on a simple layout that you take turn to attack each other.

thank you

plaintiger

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
This is a wonderful thread and I DON"T CARE that the last post before mine was in 2014; I've never understood why *anyone* cares about that. A thread doesn't stop being relevant because it hasn't been posted to in a long time. And besides, *now* the most recent post is from today, so it's all brand-shiny-new again. :p

So!: I've also got a Mac game from not as long ago - I don't remember when I last played it but it might have been around 2016 - that I can't remember the name of. You're a female astronaut/pilot who's on a mission to find out what happened to the crew of a space station. The game opens with you docking to the space station with the aid of your disembodied onboard electronic assistant (also female, and much like Siri or Alexa in her functionality...but fancier because she can dock spacecraft with space stations and stuff) with a really high, cartoon-mouse-like voice. You go through the space station, sticking this book-like thing into sockets in the walls to...give you access to different parts of the space station, I believe...where you solve puzzles that reveal different secrets such as holographic video of the crew interacting and stuff like that.

That's pretty much all I remember of it. Does anybody know the name? (I think the name of the game was the name of the space station...which is why I can't remember it. It's relatively random. I think it starts with an 'O', but I'm often wrong about what letter a word I can't think of starts with.)

Thank you!

plaintiger

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
please help me find this game.

it was in the 90s when i play this game on a macintosh.
it was a strategy game that you can choose different nations (british, french, indians) on a simple layout that you take turn to attack each other.

thank you
Risk? That's a board game but I'm sure it's been adapted to computer play. Though there are probably a bunch of computer games with Risk's gameplay that aren't called "Risk"...

droplink

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2014
This is a cool thread. I have nothing to contribute with, but the mentions of the old games has made me feel very nostalgic. :)

droplink

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2014
This is a wonderful thread and I DON"T CARE that the last post before mine was in 2014; I've never understood why *anyone* cares about that. A thread doesn't stop being relevant because it hasn't been posted to in a long time. And besides, *now* the most recent post is from today, so it's all brand-shiny-new again. :p

So!: I've also got a Mac game from not as long ago - I don't remember when I last played it but it might have been around 2016 - that I can't remember the name of. You're a female astronaut/pilot who's on a mission to find out what happened to the crew of a space station. The game opens with you docking to the space station with the aid of your disembodied onboard electronic assistant (also female, and much like Siri or Alexa in her functionality...but fancier because she can dock spacecraft with space stations and stuff) with a really high, cartoon-mouse-like voice. You go through the space station, sticking this book-like thing into sockets in the walls to...give you access to different parts of the space station, I believe...where you solve puzzles that reveal different secrets such as holographic video of the crew interacting and stuff like that.

That's pretty much all I remember of it. Does anybody know the name? (I think the name of the game was the name of the space station...which is why I can't remember it. It's relatively random. I think it starts with an 'O', but I'm often wrong about what letter a word I can't think of starts with.)

Thank you!
Do you know when this game was published?
It sounds interesting. It sounds like an old Tacoma?

You are not by chance thinking of Oservation?

Last edited:

plaintiger

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
Do you know when this game was published?
It sounds interesting. It sounds like an old Tacoma?

You are not by chance thinking of Oservation?
TACOMA!! That's it! Thank you!! =) (*Told* you it started with 'O'. :D)

• Haha
Reactions: Meuti

Cupcakedetonat1

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2022
Not sure how to use this forum. I’m looking for the names of 2 computer games I used to play on the Apple Mac in the late 80s/early 90s. The first one involved getting coloured baby creatures into the right coloured bed/cot where they would start sleeping. You had to position them to allow others to get to their beds. The other one I’m a bit fuzzier on. It was levels (on a spaceship perhaps) with grey tiles to navigate through to a sliding fort (the end of the level). The grey tiles did unpredictable things. It had great sound effects for the time. Sorry I can’t be much clearer. Any help much appreciated

LynaEdit

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2022
Hello! Not sure how this thread works but I'm hoping someone can help. This is my first time using a forum, but here goes:

Growing up we had a Macintosh computer that had games like Maelstrom on it. There was this one specific game I remember but no matter how much I google it in a million ways, I can never find it. It was an old black and white game, point and click puzzle solving kind of. It took place in a house, and I remember there was sort of a cutaway view of the house and you could click on the rooms to enter them. I remember the garage vividly and it missing a tool that maybe you had to find, think it was a wrench. I remember the shading being done with dots, if that gives kind of an idea of the graphics. I don't remember any fantasy or sci-fi being involved. Game had an air of mystery about it. I believe it took place at night. Please help!

pthncasey93

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2023
I can't remember the name of a puzzle game around 1999 or 2000's where you are a spinning blue rod that travels around a grid of silver dots, some larger silver balls get absorbed by your blue rod, and there were enemy red rods that you would avoid collusion. It was very simple like Minesweeper or Pacman kind of thing

savvos

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
I can't remember the name of a puzzle game around 1999 or 2000's where you are a spinning blue rod that travels around a grid of silver dots, some larger silver balls get absorbed by your blue rod, and there were enemy red rods that you would avoid collusion. It was very simple like Minesweeper or Pacman kind of thing
You are probably looking for Spin Doctor. https://www.macintoshrepository.org/4603-spin-doctor

oldiebutgoodie

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2023
I'm so excited to try to figure out this haunting memory! Hopefully someone will be able to help.
There was a game I played on our Mac in the 90s that had big colorful blob that rotated in the center.
It made "bomb" noises like someone was blowing something up. And then when it was about to explode, it would ramp up with more anticipatory noises. I swear it would say something about a Maelstrom, but when I look at videos for the game Maelstrom, it is more like a shooting comets or something type game. I remember playing something like that, but this was different! the it was very colorful, and I'm not 100% but I thought there was a little guy in one of the corners with glasses. I hate vague memories, but I would love to try to figure it out!

curazy

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2023
Sorry I can't help OBG.

I have a question of my own that I am not sure if anybody will be able to help me.
The game was a downloaded game on my Powerbook in the 90s.
I thought it was called "blob" but have had no luck searching for it.
It was a top-down turn-based puzzle game, where you had to collect keys/unlock chests to progress to the next stage.
You could move one block, and then any enemies would not move until you made your next move.
There were some ice blocks where you would slide across every block until you hit something.
A lot of the game was actually about you moving objects in specific ways, so that you could access any chests etc to progress.
The character you played was a blob like character who I could only visualise as like a ghost from the Pac Man games.
Bearing in mind this has been 30 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.